The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #7,726 of 23,565
4th day with the Fourte
w/o a doubt these are the most musical IEMs I've owned.
So much details :k701smile:

The speaker-like soundstage is truly unique indeed.

And the fact that the fourte has TWO tia drivers does give it an insane ability to portray details, no doubt. tia is one of the most exciting things i've heard in iems in a very long time.

i just hope 64a can find a way to make a refined version of the fourte in custom form one day...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #7,727 of 23,565
64_LD_Sale_Twitter_Cover.jpg
Hey Head-Fi Family!
We're kicking off our Labor Day Sale early this year.

Now through 9/2 at 11:59 pm PT, receive 15% off select Custom In-Ear Monitors, including premium faceplates and custom artwork, and select Accessories. Just use the promo code 64LABORDAY at checkout.

For all the details, visit our site https://www.64audio.com/promos

**US residents only. Exclusions apply**

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 24, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #7,729 of 23,565
so much love the fourte around here lately and i wanted to chime in. i have only had them for a couple fo weeks or so. they really might be my favourite though because as toaster22 says there is something loudspeaker about the presentation. i have been putting a 2 channel system together for home and it is getting very nice. but today on train with fourte and whatever random songs were coming from my WM i didn't feel like i was missing out you know. i felt like i was having as good as a time as one can have listening to nice audio (without dancing maybe).

maybe the fourte has more character than u18t. the bass today was just so airy and heavy. very good.

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #7,731 of 23,565
“A3-A18”

N8 likely not part of the sale, but reach out to 64a for clarification, or wait for a response here.

You can also try the code with another iem, just to see if it the discount gets applied.

64A has responded later in this thread...the N8 is included.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #7,732 of 23,565
so much love the fourte around here lately and i wanted to chime in. i have only had them for a couple fo weeks or so. they really might be my favourite though because as toaster22 says there is something loudspeaker about the presentation. i have been putting a 2 channel system together for home and it is getting very nice. but today on train with fourte and whatever random songs were coming from my WM i didn't feel like i was missing out you know. i felt like i was having as good as a time as one can have listening to nice audio (without dancing maybe).

maybe the fourte has more character than u18t. the bass today was just so airy and heavy. very good.
Well, the fourte should be more colored/musical. When I pop on the fourte, I feel like gliding around.

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #7,733 of 23,565
Your impressions are yours, and mine are mine.

If your Fourte’s don’t sound incoherent to you, and you really like them that much, it’s great. (It might come across as a bit more credible if you weren’t simultaneously trying to hype up the IEMs you’re looking to unload though.)

However, all the Fourtes I’ve tried over the past couple years have been exactly that. They do some things great, but they fail at others. The u12t, u18t, and trio aren’t as egregiously flawed.
so youre calling me a liar.

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #7,734 of 23,565
Does anyone know if the Fourte successor that 64 mentioned is the Fourte Noir? (Or a separate IEM entirely)

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #7,735 of 23,565
Wet paper tissue DIY module experiment.
!!! Warning - try at your own risk !!!
- does not have hearing protection benefit of APEX, ADEL modules, may harm hearing.
- may cause damage to the headset, may lose warranty.

I have A12 (old model, not A12t), and have ADEL MaM, S, APEX M20, APEX M15 modules. Recently did an experiment with inserting 'wet paper tissue' into the hole as a module, result is actually pretty good, I like it better than all other modules (Only tested on A12. how it will affect A12t, A18t might be different)

How: cut a piece of paper tissue, roll it in to a bar, dip into pure water (to soak it for good seal, don't add too much water, don't let water run into the headset)

Frequency Response: (my brain's perceived frequency response, A12)
Picture1.png

ADEL MaM - I like it the best in the past. The frequency response is more linear than others, no bumps in certain area.
APEX M20 - Too much bass
APEX M15 - More balanced than M20, however there is a bump in the low bass area; and I feel that the highs is not totally flat, there is a small elevation somewhere
Wet paper tissue - much more leaner frequency response, no apparent regional bump of elevations.

Sound stage, openness:
Picture5.png

By adjusting how deep the paper is inserted, can result is variations in sound stage.
My personal preference is: only insert it half way, it creates very wide and natural and relaxed sound stage. Better than ADEL. (And reminds me of the low frequency sound stage of hybrid phones like Solaris and Trio, I have tried them 3 months ago in a store.)

20190825-105855.jpg

Picture4.png

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #7,736 of 23,565
Does anyone know if the Fourte successor that 64 mentioned is the Fourte Noir? (Or a separate IEM entirely)
Hey man, hope all is well!

I tried it on at Canjam and from my memory they're a little bit warmer than the OG Fourte.
Perhaps 64 is keeping them both in their lineup.

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #7,737 of 23,565
Hey man, hope all is well!

I tried it on at Canjam and from my memory they're a little bit warmer than the OG Fourte.
Perhaps 64 is keeping them both in their lineup.

Hey, everything’s good - hope you’re doing well too!

Rock mentioned that there were plans for something big this year... was basically curious if that new IEM was the Noir haha

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #7,738 of 23,565
Hey, everything’s good - hope you’re doing well too!

Rock mentioned that there were plans for something big this year... was basically curious if that new IEM was the Noir haha
That was what the reps told me and others Canjam Socal. At the time in June, they mentioned it would be released in July, and viola (the Noir). 64 had it available to demo, but it didn't have any stickers/faceplate on it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #7,740 of 23,565
That was what the reps told me and others Canjam Socal. At the time in June, they mentioned it would be released in July, and viola (the Noir). 64 had it available to demo, but it didn't have any stickers/faceplate on it.

I see. My local distributor has the Noir available for sale now - I should make the trip over to try it sometime.

The original Fourte sounds a bit experimental, as if it’s still undergoing beta testing. Potential’s there, but execution falls short IMO. An IEM that resolves the original Fourte’s flaws would be pretty endgame worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back