The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #7,742 of 23,556
Now youre getting there. Cmon say it. Fourte is endgame. Say it. It's OK.

Your buyer’s remorse is so palpable it’s incredible :sweat_smile:

I feel like I should be sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Aug 25, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #7,743 of 23,556
Nah I'm selling only cuz I'm a young man who should not be wasting his life away on audiophilia. But I will keep my Andros tho. I might buy the fourte back in the future though. They are that good. I'm glad I got to try it once though. I think it's something everyone should try at least once in their life, along with electrostatics.

Yeah, but to everyone who's on the fence. The fourtes are endgame. Before I bought it I was hesitant due to bad reviews and slander such as above. After I got it I was mindblown. Don't listen to the haters.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #7,744 of 23,556
I see. My local distributor has the Noir available for sale now - I should make the trip over to try it sometime.

The original Fourte sounds a bit experimental, as if it’s still undergoing beta testing. Potential’s there, but execution falls short IMO. An IEM that resolves the original Fourte’s flaws would be pretty endgame worthy.
When you try the Noir also have a listen to it on 3.5mm unbalanced - I got mine a while back and for the first two weeks I was pretty underwhelmed listening to it on the stock 2.5mm balanced. I then tried it with a generic 3.5mm cable and I liked it so much I am probably going to sell my U18t soon

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #7,745 of 23,556
When you try the Noir also have a listen to it on 3.5mm unbalanced - I got mine a while back and for the first two weeks I was pretty underwhelmed listening to it on the stock 2.5mm balanced. I then tried it with a generic 3.5mm cable and I liked it so much I am probably going to sell my U18t soon

Which source, man? Doesn't matter if it's balanced or unbalanced, just a wire termination. Curious more about the source you used in this comparison?

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #7,746 of 23,556
Which source, man? Doesn't matter if it's balanced or unbalanced, just a wire termination. Curious more about the source you used in this comparison?
The AK SR15. At first I thought I was placeboing but the difference was absolutely massive

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #7,747 of 23,556
The AK SR15. At first I thought I was placeboing but the difference was absolutely massive

I tried SR15 long time ago, don't recall it exactly but I think this entry level DAP had a warmer tonality, and usually their single ended out is even smoother. Probably, all together it's helping to smooth out the treble peaks.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #7,748 of 23,556
I tried SR15 long time ago, don't recall it exactly but I think this entry level DAP had a warmer tonality, and usually their single ended out is even smoother. Probably, all together it's helping to smooth out the treble peaks.
I find it to be quite a mid/high centric DAP, or at least its single ended output is. The balanced is the smoother of the two, with loads of energy around the instruments and pretty intense lows. All in all the Noir sounded quite congested when using it in that setup.

The single ended is probably the most neutral I’ve tried in that price range with a large soundstage and a very high level of detail retrieval - amazing value in a very small, portable package :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #7,752 of 23,556
anyone try using the labor day coupon code? Doesn't seem to be working for me. Tried to buy a N8
We apologize for the inconvenience. We were having some trouble with the promo code, but it should be working now.

The N8 is included in the sale, we consider it to sit between the A6t and the A12t, so when we say A3e-A18t, we mean A3e, A4t, A6t, N8, A12t, and A18t.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 26, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #7,753 of 23,556
Anyone been having difficulty reaching 64 Audio's refits/support teams recently? Sent three emails over the past two weeks to query on the status of my refit but have been unable to get any form of response from them. From past experiences, they typically reply within 1-2 business days, and their customer service has been absolutely fantastic - possibly the best I've ever experienced. Very uncharacteristic; not quite sure what's going on..

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #7,754 of 23,556
Anyone been having difficulty reaching 64 Audio's refits/support teams recently? Sent three emails over the past two weeks to query on the status of my refit but have been unable to get any form of response from them. From past experiences, they typically reply within 1-2 business days, and their customer service has been absolutely fantastic - possibly the best I've ever experienced. Very uncharacteristic; not quite sure what's going on..
I also send them an email about my order this morning. Let's see what happens.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #7,755 of 23,556
64 Audio might be getting slammed with orders now due to the sale, so that might be slowing down responses to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back