The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #7,531 of 23,553
@Barra is making me want to re-visit the entire PW Audio tour now that I have the U18T in my stable. I did the testing with the Katana which worked out well, but what I would give to try them all on my U18T! Been pining for that 1980 lately for a little added spice in my life.

-Collin-

Yes, they need to do another PW tour. I am just waiting to purchase one but I want to hear them all one last time. For me it's between the 50 and 60.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #7,532 of 23,553
Keep in mind that I did get the 1950 over the 1960 but if it was just about the 18 then it was the 1960 when I had them side by side. However, all this talk about the 1950 and the 18 makes we want to go back and relisten. :)

Yes, please do another PW tour. Cash in hand, just can't decide.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #7,534 of 23,553
Pulls out :)

There was one guy who kinda detached the top part of the shell while taking the module out so I pinch the iem top and bottom and then take it out

Ugh, I'm having the top plate of the right shell wiggle a bit now, just like you described. I'm going to have to get purchase info from the seller, and see about getting this set repaired. I'm paranoid to use them much now until I get some sort of repair done, for fear of the shell coming apart.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #7,535 of 23,553
Ugh, I'm having the top plate of the right shell wiggle a bit now, just like you described. I'm going to have to get purchase info from the seller, and see about getting this set repaired. I'm paranoid to use them much now until I get some sort of repair done, for fear of the shell coming apart.
Oh man I’m sorry to hear :frowning2: have it looked at

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #7,538 of 23,553
For anyone who has the fourte, I highly highly suggest listening to comfortably numb by pink Floyd. Preferably with tidal. Teh guitar solo is mind-blowing
Confirmed... Prog On!

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #7,539 of 23,553
Oh man I’m sorry to hear :frowning2: have it looked at

Thanks, working on it! Hope it gets resolved in a timely manner. Thankfully the IER-M9 is a very competent IEM to keep me happy in the meantime.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #7,540 of 23,553
Thanks, working on it! Hope it gets resolved in a timely manner. Thankfully the IER-M9 is a very competent IEM to keep me happy in the meantime.
Last time I had an IEM problem I ended up stuck with my Andromeda S for 2 months and now I am so sick of it I plan to sell it haha

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #7,542 of 23,553
I wanna give credit where credit is due. Especially since the fourte receives a lot of bad rap.

I have Andromeda z1r and fourte.

Z1r just sounds so so so good. There's no way to put it except that it just sounds super good.

However the fourte is the one I use most. Maybe its because I have a later serial number but there are no incoherence issues whatsoever. I did find unbearable incoherence issues in an earlier serial number. Either way, the recent fourtes just sound so pleasurable. They marketed it for audiophiles. I really would agree. Fourtes are good for when you just wanna have pure delight with your music.

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #7,543 of 23,553
I wanna give credit where credit is due. Especially since the fourte receives a lot of bad rap.

I have Andromeda z1r and fourte.

Z1r just sounds so so so good. There's no way to put it except that it just sounds super good.

However the fourte is the one I use most. Maybe its because I have a later serial number but there are no incoherence issues whatsoever. I did find unbearable incoherence issues in an earlier serial number. Either way, the recent fourtes just sound so pleasurable. They marketed it for audiophiles. I really would agree. Fourtes are good for when you just wanna have pure delight with your music.

Why are you selling the IEMs you’re praising the most? Just curious.

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #7,544 of 23,553
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #7,545 of 23,553
wasn't someone praising 2 wire 1960 for same thing in regard to u18t the other day? this might be something worth checking out? would love to hear more if there is an a/b comparison on same source etc for fourte or noirte with 1960 2 wire versus 1950. just that being lazy i would have assumed 1950 wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back