The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 3, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #6,226 of 23,568
Are you aware that impressions can shrink after a certain amount of time, so it's best to send them in straight away. That way 64 audio can scan them and keep them (assuming that's what they do anyway) until you are ready to order. Or just send get a pair done ready to send when you want to place the order :)

Thanks. I was not aware of the shrinking. Will 64 Audio scan and file them months before I even order?

May 3, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #6,228 of 23,568
Thanks. I was not aware of the shrinking. Will 64 Audio scan and file them months before I even order?

Not sure on that one. Best to pm their representive on headfi or email them. Can't see why they wouldn't though :)

May 3, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #6,229 of 23,568
Wow just realized I have some cracks in the recessed socket on my A12t. Probably gotta be more careful next time when changing cables
Seriously? Wow, I ordered with recessed sockets too. Good heads-up.

May 4, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #6,230 of 23,568
I'm just gonna leave it here if you want to read more about it, and slowly walk away...

fir_audio_atom-XL-11.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #6,231 of 23,568
I like my JH Angie II, but want an IEM with similar highs, good mids and more low end, but not boomy.

What 64 Audio IEMs would be the best to evaluate? My budget it up to $2500.

May 5, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #6,233 of 23,568
I'm just gonna leave it here if you want to read more about it, and slowly walk away...

Thanks for the review. I like he idea of being able to fine tune the sinature of my A12Ts. If it's just lifting the sub bass without affecting anything else, these might be worth a look. I love using the M15 module but it could do with a tiny bit more sub bass whereas the M20 has to much bass which infringes on the air and mids/vocals.

May 6, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #6,235 of 23,568
The A12t and Tia Trio are two that I was thinking. The N8 is a distant third on my thinking.

I’ll get a chance to demo the N8 soon but I’ve heard the universal isn’t so close to the custom. I have not heard the Trio.

I’ve lived with the U12t for around 6 months and enjoy it so much I’m going to get the custom version. The bass is tuneable with the M20 and M15 modules and I find the frequency response incredibly coherent and exceptionally detailed. Bass is good with detailed texture but never boomy. It reminds me of LCD planar bass - possibly has a little more impact depending on fit.

May 6, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #6,236 of 23,568
The A12t and Tia Trio are two that I was thinking. The N8 is a distant third on my thinking.

I have the N8 and personally love it. It does have a lot of bass, but not to the point where it overshadows the mid/high imo. I look forward to getting the FIR Audio Atom XL to tune them a little bit. I don't have a lot to compare it to being that I stepped up to them from the Shure se535's.

May 6, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #6,237 of 23,568
Yeah, would be something I'll be interested to explore with my A12t too. Particularly the (+)(gold, -17dB) module...

Just got to convince myself that aesthetically, the gold isn't gonna be too much "bling" and will look “just fine” with my blue faceplate A12t. Ah... the things I have to think about for my IEMs.

Thanks for the review. I like he idea of being able to fine tune the sinature of my A12Ts. If it's just lifting the sub bass without affecting anything else, these might be worth a look. I love using the M15 module but it could do with a tiny bit more sub bass whereas the M20 has to much bass which infringes on the air and mids/vocals.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #6,238 of 23,568
I have the N8 and personally love it. It does have a lot of bass, but not to the point where it overshadows the mid/high imo. I look forward to getting the FIR Audio Atom XL to tune them a little bit. I don't have a lot to compare it to being that I stepped up to them from the Shure se535's.
I have the n8s too and i was thinking of using the - module to tame the bass, please post your impressions when you get a hold of the modules.

May 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #6,239 of 23,568
I have been playing around with the U12t and Trio for a little now and I find the Trio the more fun and engaging of the two. The bass of the Trio is more substantial and the overall tone is warmer. The U12t on the other hand have a very nice balance to them and the bass is still very capable, even with the M15 that I prefer to use. I have never heard the Angie II, but when you say "more low end, but not boomy", I too think more towards the U/A12t. It is very personal though and depends on your preferred music as well. The Trio maintain good clarity in general, but just have a thicker, more physical bass.

@twister6 reviewed the U12t and Trio a while back (link), as well as the N8 (link) and he did some comparisons between the N8 and the U12t/Trio. Perhaps helpful.

May 6, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #6,240 of 23,568
I have been playing around with the U12t and Trio for a little now and I find the Trio the more fun and engaging of the two. The bass of the Trio is more substantial and the overall tone is warmer. The U12t on the other hand have a very nice balance to them and the bass is still very capable, even with the M15 that I prefer to use. I have never heard the Angie II, but when you say "more low end, but not boomy", I too think more towards the U/A12t. It is very personal though and depends on your preferred music as well. The Trio maintain good clarity in general, but just have a thicker, more physical bass.

@twister6 reviewed the U12t and Trio a while back (link), as well as the N8 (link) and he did some comparisons between the N8 and the U12t/Trio. Perhaps helpful.

Thanks. The IEM needs to be good with multiple genres as I listen to rock, country, classical, bluegrass, and pop mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back