The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #5,747 of 23,556
I recently demoed N8, U12t, U18t and Forte as I wanted to try something new from Legend X. N8 and U12t stood out from the bunch. U18t was way too top heavy for me and Forte just sounded odd in the mids, sort of hollow. N8 is very similar to Legend X and U12t to Andromeda but with more bass, absolutely superb throughout the spectrum. Decided to go for some A12ts. Got a very long 4-6 weeks ahead now but something exciting to look forward to. Demoed the U12ts with my Thor II 8 wire and they sounded wonderful, very airy with tight bass.

Want to send a big thank you out to Dan Feel from Offslip for popping over with the goods to demo. Dan is an absolute pleasure to deal with! If anyone from the UK is thinking about purchasing a 64 Audio IEM, Dan is your man. Top notch service!

How much did you pay for the A12t? Any discount?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #5,748 of 23,556
Fourte sounding like that could possibly be a fit issue. That iem is a nightmare to get a good fit with.

May be 64audio could provide a custom ear tip option for that iem.

Those who get a good fit will enjoy what it has got to deliver. I love my a18.
I agree on the fit being the issue for some differing opinions. Another thing to consider is the added weight of the iems due to the aluminum material. It’s a nice and sturdy material and certainly feels premium, but when I had the set, I just could not get a good secure fit and even the U12ts sounded way different to the custom version. I agree, custom is the way to go for best fit, isolation and sound, but some custom tips from 64 would hopefully get the universals to fit and sound better.

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #5,749 of 23,556
Thanks. I was using WM1A and EA Thor II 8 wire. Tested some Al Green, Divine Comedy, Depeche Mode amongst other things. It just didn't sound right to my ears, but its all subjective at the end of the day.
I agree, this is all subjective. I use iPhone and also Hugo 2 with EA Horus and Leo 2. EA makes a nice cable. Enjoy your A12’s.

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #5,750 of 23,556
I recently demoed N8, U12t, U18t and Forte as I wanted to try something new from Legend X. N8 and U12t stood out from the bunch. U18t was way too top heavy for me and Forte just sounded odd in the mids, sort of hollow. N8 is very similar to Legend X and U12t to Andromeda but with more bass, absolutely superb throughout the spectrum. Decided to go for some A12ts. Got a very long 4-6 weeks ahead now but something exciting to look forward to. Demoed the U12ts with my Thor II 8 wire and they sounded wonderful, very airy with tight bass.

Want to send a big thank you out to Dan Feel from Offslip for popping over with the goods to demo. Dan is an absolute pleasure to deal with! If anyone from the UK is thinking about purchasing a 64 Audio IEM, Dan is your man. Top notch service!

Nice insight, did you pick up the Thor II 8 wire in the UK?

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #5,752 of 23,556
Fourte sounding like that could possibly be a fit issue. That iem is a nightmare to get a good fit with.

May be 64audio could provide a custom ear tip option for that iem.

Those who get a good fit will enjoy what it has got to deliver. I love my a18.

I got a good fit with all the IEMs using Spiral Dots, they felt secure in my ears. Just my subjective view is all :)

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #5,754 of 23,556
I agree on the fit being the issue for some differing opinions. Another thing to consider is the added weight of the iems due to the aluminum material. It’s a nice and sturdy material and certainly feels premium, but when I had the set, I just could not get a good secure fit and even the U12ts sounded way different to the custom version. I agree, custom is the way to go for best fit, isolation and sound, but some custom tips from 64 would hopefully get the universals to fit and sound better.

How did the U12t and A12t differ, was the customer slightly warmer with more bass response?

Jan 21, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #5,755 of 23,556
I'm planning to get the U18t to use with my iPhone X. Will I get the full sound from my X considering that I'll use an adapter as Apple has stopped producing 3.5 mm jack?

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #5,756 of 23,556
Well, my Monday started off right. FedEx delivered at 09:00 today. The N8 is my first set of 64's and all I can say is wow. The seal is amazing, I didn't use a bite block when getting my impressions done and no matter what face I make, yawn, open my mouth, etc the seal won't break. Thoroughly impressed with the sound as well. Only thing I have to compare them to are Shure SE535 and SE212's though. Making that jump, I knew I'd be impressed. I want to call them bass heavy, but that would sound like the mids/highs are lacking and that's definitely not the case. Currently using my MacBook Pro via DragonFly Black. Looking to upgrade to a DAC and AMP soon.
f2pid0.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #5,757 of 23,556
Hi deafdoorknob,
At this time, our A2e-A6t and N8 models are only available as Custom molds. If you're interested in a Universal IEM, our U12t, U18t, tia Trió, and tia Fourté are all highly rated models. If you have any questions about a specific model, let us know and we'll be happy to help.
I really hope that at some point you might consider bringing out the lower end models as universals too. I remember having the U6 on loan for a review and I loved those to bits. I still have the U12t and Trio on my wish list (need to find an opportunity to demo them as well), but I can imagine that a lot of people will prefer to spend a little bit less. Plus, @Deezel177 made me very curious about the N8.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #5,759 of 23,556
I really hope that at some point you might consider bringing out the lower end models as universals too. I remember having the U6 on loan for a review and I loved those to bits. I still have the U12t and Trio on my wish list (need to find an opportunity to demo them as well), but I can imagine that a lot of people will prefer to spend a little bit less. Plus, @Deezel177 made me very curious about the N8.

In my testing i have found that the lower end of the 64 catalog is not really the same thing as the heavy gears found at the top. I found the JH /AK Michell to be superior to both JH lower tier as well as 64 lower tier. YMMY

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #5,760 of 23,556
In my testing i have found that the lower end of the 64 catalog is not really the same thing as the heavy gears found at the top. I found the JH /AK Michell to be superior to both JH lower tier as well as 64 lower tier. YMMY
Sadly, I have not heard any of the new 64 IEMs either at the low or high end, but back when I reviewed the U6 we speculated on how nice it might be to have the tia tech give the treble a little bit of a boost. So naturally I am quite curious about the A6t and what improvements the tia tech did end up bringing. Just curious, mind, as these days I have my sights set on the heavy hitters at the top. :wink: If I had the money I would be all over the U18t. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back