The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #5,776 of 23,565
It certainly does look like a good option. Any idea on pricing?
No idea yet, I'm just on the same search as you and found this one on the marketing emails. A downside of this one is that is not possible to use as USB DAC. so no way to use it cabled to your phone or PC like the other cheap Bluetooth dac/amp adaptors (e.g. Fiio BTR3)

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #5,777 of 23,565
Well after sweating profusely all over my N8's for about 5 months now they finally stopped working. Luckily it is only some kind of problem with the cable on the right side because when I swap the left channel cable into the right IEM it works fine. Does anyone know if the premium cable is in any way more durable/corrosion resistant than the standard (professional) cable? I like the size and weight of the standard cable and am not really looking to change anything aside from perhaps enhanced durability.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that the premium cable is intended for the universal IEMs

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #5,778 of 23,565
Well after sweating profusely all over my N8's for about 5 months now they finally stopped working. Luckily it is only some kind of problem with the cable on the right side because when I swap the left channel cable into the right IEM it works fine. Does anyone know if the premium cable is in any way more durable/corrosion resistant than the standard (professional) cable? I like the size and weight of the standard cable and am not really looking to change anything aside from perhaps enhanced durability.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that the premium cable is intended for the universal IEMs
Order an Effect Audio Cable if possible. I have had very good results with them. Well made. Tks.

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #5,779 of 23,565
Looking for help.
Recently purchased a 1 owner Tia Fourte.
When I went to use/test them, there was absolutely no Bass what so ever.
I tried many tips to get the best deal, still no Bass.
Only when I had them inserted, and put my fingers over the little vents/ porthole, the bass came alive.
Is this normal?? Can't be.
Any feedback would be appreciated

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #5,780 of 23,565
Looking for help.
Only when I had them inserted, and put my fingers over the little vents/ porthole, the bass came alive.

Are the apex modules not inserted? There shouldn't be empty holes.. They should be filled with these or the -20 modules.

https://www.64audio.com/product/Apex-m15-Modules

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #5,783 of 23,565
the fourte has built-in apex modules...nothing to adjust, insert or remove here.

the vents he is talking about are probably the little hole that is part of the fourte shell.

to answer your question...no, this is not normal. Where did you purchase these?

and...JOKER quick on the trigger finger!

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #5,785 of 23,565
Reach back out to discuss.

No need to assume any funny business. You should be able to ask the seller some questions and give him a chance to help.

Good luck.

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #5,787 of 23,565
Looking for help.

I was on the Fourte/U18t tour and when I tried the former that's kinda what I thought of them, hardly any bass. But I thought I read somewhere there was an issue with one of the Fourte tour kits that suffered from some Bass loss? Does anyone know if there was an issue with them on the tour?

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #5,788 of 23,565
I was on the Fourte tour as well, and did not notice any bass loss. I like my bass, I am sure I would have noticed it and commented on it. I was quite impressed with the Fourte at the time.

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #5,790 of 23,565
U18Tzar Comparison Review Fail...

upload_2019-1-24_13-51-54.png

I recieved my U18T's in Decemeber and became aware of 2 issues with the right earpice, there was wiggle in the socket and also some rattle which seemed to cause some distortion. They were returned to 64Audio via the dealer and a few weeks later I collected them with the rattle fixed but still the distortion (64Audio advised the dealer that the socket 'wiggle' was normal despite it not being present in the left earpiece).

I was unable to complete the comparison as there was obvious distortion in the right earpiece up to 1500hz that causes a sort of high frequency tizzy distortion like a very high pitched buzzing. I tried switching to Mono, switching DAC, earpieces, cables etc but is all seems very obviously related to the same original issue, wherein 64Audio advised that there had been a problem with the Tia driver which they advised they had fixed.

During the RMA process 64Audio did not respond directly to my questions about clarifying there understanding of the issues instead redirecting me to the dealer. So a demo trip, a collection trip, a dropoff trip and a collection trip; 187 miles and 1 month later I still do not have a working pair of U18T's.

So alas I am unable to publish my 64Audio U18Tzar comparison review and am now wondering what the best course of action is as despite all this I still believe in the product but am not relishing the RMA process again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back