The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #5,719 of 23,518
Would buying an A18t now be a “mistake” considering they’re over 2 years old? I notice they also lack some of the newer tech such as LID that’s offered with the A12t. Would be a shame to spend $3,000 and have something new be right around the corner.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #5,720 of 23,518
Is this pretty common to have happen? On the 4th I got Faceplates Applied and the 10th I got the check mark for Graphics Applied. Yesterday I checked in only to find a new date, the 14th, next to Faceplates applied. Thursday the 17th will mark 6 weeks in production, granted 4 business days during this period were holidays.

Yes, I know I'll get them when I get them, just excited to get them though!

2n04l4z.jpg

keb7mh.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #5,722 of 23,518
I wondered about the A18t not having the kids tec etc and they said it wasn’t going to be upgraded any time soon . I went with the A18t. Love em with ak320>Chord Hugo 2. End game .

Kids tec...funny autocorrect.

Yeah, LID tech isn't on the A18. I specifically asked about this before purchasing. 64A said that they didn't feel the A18 required this as much as some of their other models...I'll let them explain the technical reasoning behind this.

I haven't noticed any issues with my A18 sounding wonky, so no worries.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #5,723 of 23,518
Would buying an A18t now be a “mistake” considering they’re over 2 years old? I notice they also lack some of the newer tech such as LID that’s offered with the A12t. Would be a shame to spend $3,000 and have something new be right around the corner.

I just bought my A18. It's the best iem i've ever heard and don't consider the recent purchase a mistake.

It's only a "mistake" if you'd prefer to wait for the next product so you can do a comparison and see if you like it more...of course, if you do this, you'll never pull the trigger on anything ever. Something new is always around the corner...

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5,724 of 23,518
Here's my take on it... my hugo 2 drives my UE 18+ pro at blue levels. (Chord uses the color spectrum to communicate volume levels. Blue being two shades from the top which is purple. In other words cranked) . I was shocked to find when I received my a18t's was that the same relative volume was in the yellow which is roughly about half the volume of the UE's. I wouldn't even think of powering the a18t to blue levels. It would blow my head off. Why? I know from speaker transducers that whenever you add another speaker to the same line the impedance drops in half i.e. 8ohm to 4 ohm to 2ohm and so on.... every time the ohm's go down the speaker array gets easier to drive and takes less power to attain the same volume levels. Considering there are 18 separate drivers in this thing If you do the math which I am against spiritually one would expect to see a very easy to drive or low ohm speaker array. LIDD works to counter act these wild swings in amp applications which is probably a good thing if your iems are of the type that are at risk for miss matched amp combos. The A18t due to its complexity it would seem is somewhat immune to the problems of the more affordable (less drivers) parts of their line. That said I was told it is coming eventually to the whole line but the next a18t reboot is "not any time soon"

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #5,725 of 23,518
Is this pretty common to have happen? On the 4th I got Faceplates Applied and the 10th I got the check mark for Graphics Applied. Yesterday I checked in only to find a new date, the 14th, next to Faceplates applied. Thursday the 17th will mark 6 weeks in production, granted 4 business days during this period were holidays.

2n04l4z.jpg

keb7mh.jpg

Your doing better than me mines been in pre-production for two weeks... only email ive gotten is they recieved my impressions..

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #5,726 of 23,518
Your doing better than me mines been in pre-production for two weeks... only email ive gotten is they recieved my impressions..

The only email you will get is that they're in production. I'm assuming I'll get an email saying they've shipped when they do. Only way to see your status is by logging into your account on their site, from what I see.

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #5,727 of 23,518

2n04l4z.jpg

keb7mh.jpg

Hi cdhayes2,

Thank you so much for your patience, we apologize for the delay. As you know, our Custom IEMs are handcrafted - each piece assembled to fit your unique ear impression. The change in date is due to a quality control check. Your IEMs had to go through our faceplates team again to ensure we are shipping the quality product you entrusted us to build. We try to account for these quality checks in our 4-6 week build estimates, but the holidays can disrupt the process a bit. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and will get your IEMs finished up as quickly as possible. You will receive an email and tracking information once your order is marked as shipped.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jan 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #5,728 of 23,518
Hi cdhayes2,

Thank you so much for your patience, we apologize for the delay. As you know, our Custom IEMs are handcrafted - each piece assembled to fit your unique ear impression. The change in date is due to a quality control check. Your IEMs had to go through our faceplates team again to ensure we are shipping the quality product you entrusted us to build. We try to account for these quality checks in our 4-6 week build estimates, but the holidays can disrupt the process a bit. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and will get your IEMs finished up as quickly as possible. You will receive an email and tracking information once your order is marked as shipped.

hi @64Audio would your more cost effective iems (ie A2-A6t) be made avaliable as universals?

thanks

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5,730 of 23,518
When can we expect another sale from 64 audio? Black Friday 2019? I wanted to pull the trigger on the A18t but obviously I have missed the 20% off window and they won’t honor it for me, which is fine.
From what I remember, yes. That's the only time I've seen a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back