The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 2, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #5,416 of 23,565
Fair enough.
Do you own A64 product now though?
Also its APEX technology, do you feel like it makes any difference or its not a big deal?

I have owned three 64 audio products, and currently own the A18... I personally love it... it is a balanced ciem in my opinion, so what you have it connected to will display its sound signature in the A18. A warmer DAP will sound warm on the A18 and vice versa with a brighter player... you sort of have to find your own sound signature preference, then look for the player that will match well with it..

I have owned non apex ciems before and the apex definitely relieves ear fatigue...

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #5,417 of 23,565
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #5,418 of 23,565
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #5,419 of 23,565
Yesterday, I just got my N8. After pairing N8 with effect audio cable like Ares II, Thor Silver and Eros II, I like Eros II among these effect audio cable.

Today, I went back to the shop and I decide to buy the Eros II, but I try another cable ALO copper 22 before buying the Eros II. Wow! Alo copper 22 is even better suit my N8. So I bought the ALO copper 22. So happy to listen to it.

N8 is real 20181003_152147.jpg 20181003_152224.jpg ly good! The sound is so 3D! The bass is fantastic too! The bass has good texture and rumble. Although it is still not burn in but now I am already enjoying the sound from N8.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #5,420 of 23,565
Yesterday, I just got my N8. After pairing N8 with effect audio cable like Ares II, Thor Silver and Eros II, I like Eros II among these effect audio cable.

Today, I went back to the shop and I decide to buy the Eros II, but I try another cable ALO copper 22 before buying the Eros II. Wow! Alo copper 22 is even better suit my N8. So I bought the ALO copper 22. So happy to listen to it.

N8 is real ly good! The sound is so 3D! The bass is fantastic too! The bass has good texture and rumble. Although it is still not burn in but now I am already enjoying the sound from N8.
Hey rq! I think they must have sent you MY N8 by mistake. lol

Mine is on its way to me and based on my recollection, it should look exactly like yours in every way. LOL

I ordered mine with the M15. What about you?

I'll post when they arrive, that is unless they're actually already posted. :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #5,421 of 23,565
Hi Rayzilla,

Ha....! Sorry Rayzilla, they feel I needed it more than you so they give it to me first so that i can sleep. Ha...!

It is so coincidence! Even our name has the same 'Ray' too! Well, I just collected yesterday. I saw this design by one of the early owner in headfi and i went to the 64 audio to choose the design but end up liking this design so much that i follow.

Mine also using the M15 module. To me, the bass is just nice. If M20 then it might be a bit more for me.

Now, I think I will lack of sleep even more as i cannot stop listening to it. It is just so addictive! The bass is wow! Texture and rumbling feeling. The vocal portion with copper 22 cable bring out even better and so is the treble portion. The whole signature is so balance and addictive!

Hey rq! I think they must have sent you MY N8 by mistake. lol

Mine is on its way to me and based on my recollection, it should look exactly like yours in every way. LOL

I ordered mine with the M15. What about you?

I'll post when they arrive, that is unless they're actually already posted. :)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #5,422 of 23,565
Hi Rayzilla,

Ha....! Sorry Rayzilla, they feel I needed it more than you so they give it to me first so that i can sleep. Ha...!

It is so coincidence! Even our name has the same 'Ray' too! Well, I just collected yesterday. I saw this design by one of the early owner in headfi and i went to the 64 audio to choose the design but end up liking this design so much that i follow.

Mine also using the M15 module. To me, the bass is just nice. If M20 then it might be a bit more for me.

Now, I think I will lack of sleep even more as i cannot stop listening to it. It is just so addictive! The bass is wow! Texture and rumbling feeling. The vocal portion with copper 22 cable bring out even better and so is the treble portion. The whole signature is so balance and addictive!
OK. Now you are killing me with your comments. They probably mage both of ours at the same time since they are exactly the same except for our custom molds. I'll have to see if I can try the cable you rave about with a 4.4 balanced so that I can pair it with my DX208.

What is yours paired with?

Oct 3, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #5,423 of 23,565
I am using dx200 amp 1. I also have amp 8 and i have 4.4mm effect audio adapter to use with it. As amp 1 is more neutral sound so i believed it is better pairing with N8 than amp 8. I have the flexibility to use either 2.5mm or 4.4mm balance as i also have wm1a. I might consider ak1000m which do not have 4.4mm balance. :)

OK. Now you are killing me with your comments. They probably mage both of ours at the same time since they are exactly the same except for our custom molds. I'll have to see if I can try the cable you rave about with a 4.4 balanced so that I can pair it with my DX208.

What is yours paired with?

Oct 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #5,424 of 23,565
I am using dx200 amp 1. I also have amp 8 and i have 4.4mm effect audio adapter to use with it. As amp 1 is more neutral sound so i believed it is better pairing with N8 than amp 8. I have the flexibility to use either 2.5mm or 4.4mm balance as i also have wm1a. I might consider ak1000m which do not have 4.4mm balance. :)
I was wondering if the N8 might have too much emphasis on the low end if paired with AMP8. Maybe I'll start with Amp1 and work my way up to the 8 and then see if I'll stay there or go back down in series.

Have you updated your DX200 to Oreo 8.1 yet?

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #5,425 of 23,565
You may have to send them for a refit, most people I talk to say their 64's have the best, tightest fit
Hello, it sounds like you may need a refit. I will connect you with our refit department through private message.
I have been using my N8T for a while, and loving it. But, is anyone else sharing a similar experience that it is very easy to get the fit off which leads to channel imbalance? If i fit it in too snugly or force one side to be looser than the other, it leads to one side having less/more bass than the other.
It sounds like you need a refit on your N8. I will PM you with the email address.

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #5,426 of 23,565
Have not update it yet. I am using the Luker firmware so wonder if there is any update on that? It seems that we are very similar in gears and preferences in sound too. :)

I was wondering if the N8 might have too much emphasis on the low end if paired with AMP8. Maybe I'll start with Amp1 and work my way up to the 8 and then see if I'll stay there or go back down in series.

Have you updated your DX200 to Oreo 8.1 yet?

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #5,427 of 23,565
Hello, it sounds like you may need a refit. I will connect you with our refit department through private message.

It sounds like you need a refit on your N8. I will PM you with the email address.
Not me xD, just helping @audiotherapist out

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #5,428 of 23,565
Have not update it yet. I am using the Luker firmware so wonder if there is any update on that? It seems that we are very similar in gears and preferences in sound too. :)
Lurker said that this will be complicated so not to expect anything soon. It will take him a little bit of time but he did not give any projected date.

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #5,429 of 23,565
. . .
I am especially interested in its APEX technology, which is supposed to make it more comfortable to listen over long periods of time.
Is this APEX technology actually making a difference? Just curious!
Thanks!

I have no experience with Layla so can't speak to that.
I have tinnitus due to years of abusing my ears at concerts, and barotrauma from scuba diving.
While I've seen no empirical data to support the claims about APEX and ADEL technologies, I can say that
for me, my tinnitus is much less pronounced after using my 64 Audio iems vs the Westone and Shure iems.
I also don't feel that the sound degrades after extended listening sessions.
Is it voodoo science? who cares, it seems to work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back