The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #4,651 of 23,560
I will try the demo then. Thanks Deezel
I agree with twister6, a smartphone can drive these earphones, but performance takes a hit. I think the improvement in imaging is especially noticeable. On lower performance gear, I had a weird experience where each note on an instrument sounded like it was coming from a slightly different location. This disappeared once I got a better dac.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #4,652 of 23,560
Speaking of output impedance and driving headphones, I prefer not to lug around a DAC and prefer using my phone for portability reasions, a S8 in this case sitting at ~3 ohms. I never had any issues with the Velvet V2 which sat at (31-45 Ohms). However the sound seems a bit off on and hissing happens on some tracks that never happened before. Any suggestions?

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #4,654 of 23,560
Are you gonna use it with iPhone? Probably the resolution and the imaging will be scaled down in comparison to top performing dedicated DAPs, but I don't think it will be a problem to drive it from a smartphone, and I wouldn't be surprised if 64audio will add N8 to their U12t/U18t/Trio/Fourte demo line up you can request for audition within US. Or if you are on East Coast closer to NYC area, you can also check with Audio46 store in Manhattan if they will have a demo. N8 will be officially available on June 20th.

I finally got notification/tracking for my N8 review unit, due to arrive tomorrow (if not, then on Monday). I can borrow my daughter's iP6s to see how it sound.
Great I will appreciate your review. I have bought the A18t based on your review and I am huge fan of your page.

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #4,655 of 23,560
I agree with twister6, a smartphone can drive these earphones, but performance takes a hit. I think the improvement in imaging is especially noticeable. On lower performance gear, I had a weird experience where each note on an instrument sounded like it was coming from a slightly different location. This disappeared once I got a better dac.
I know, but there are high end in ear-can do great with smartphones. like Se846. My issue is that I live in middle-east and there is no big market for highend headphones but you can find some distributer sell 64 audio ( U18t and Tia Fourte only) in Dubai. I bought the A18t based on the reviews here and in other websites, I really enjoy using A18t with my smartphone but not with every-songs I play ( that's my, issue with it) and I bought a DAP ( fiio x7) this is my first Dap after Ipod :wink: but I didn't like the sound signature with A18t, and I also bought a 1000+ after market cable ( pw audio 1960 2 wire) and to be honest it made the sound signature more sharper for me but more musical, while the Se846, IMO was easier to listen after pairing it with the silver dragon cable from moon audio and I was like that's it. I am not comparing between the two iems but I am more into simple things.

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #4,656 of 23,560
Do you use portable dac? what is your favorite one?

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #4,657 of 23,560
All the 64 IEM's I've heard sound great straight out of a smartphone but if you have a Ferrari you don't wanna put the cheapest fuel in it, get what you paid for and get a Hugo2, Sp1000, DX2000, etc.
Exactly! Waiting to see whether I pull the trigger for A6t or A18t first though. I'll probably end up grabbing a portable player in that case.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #4,658 of 23,560
hello guys, I was wondering about the N8T if it is compatible with iPhone? I am looking for musical in-ear with a Thick vocal and bass (not revealing) for my mobile. I am not into DAPs neither DACs. I use A18t with pw audio 1960 ( 2 wires) cable which is perfect with classic music but not 100% satisfied when I play different genres. I am looking for something easy to drive and fun to listen. I'd appreciate your recommendations :) thanks.

Im not sure iem’s alone can make the iPhone sound better, even a audioquest dragonfly red will improve peformance drastically, adding more weight and definition to the bass and across the range. It’s a pretty minor investment and inconvenience for a big improvement in sq. Then if you like what you here, you can invest more in the dac, mojo, hugo2, the sell the house or one of the kids and by a DAVE :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #4,660 of 23,560
True, I have Choosen mojo over red dragonfly but I don't use it a lot. IMO It is limited and doesn't improve a lot. I am always on the go and I don't like to carry things with except my mobile and iem :k701smile:

I agree the mojo is a pain to carry about. I have DF red, mojo and hugo2 and i nearly always go with the Df for commuting because it’s so unobtrusive. To my ears it makes a significant improvement with my iPhoneX, listening to mainly electronic or indie rock via my EE phantoms or earsonic sme9’s. I dont use the mojo much because I only use the H2 if im listening at home. The h2 is very special but obviously a considerable investment and your not going to get value out of it if the majority of your listening is on the go.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #4,662 of 23,560
Oh boy my wallet is already crying out in agony.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #4,663 of 23,560
yup N8, is about to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back