The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 15, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #4,668 of 23,560
Took me a few minutes to figure out "NƐ", and yes, those are initials of Nathan East :)

N8 is here :wink:

CIEM hybrid - check!
Removable APEX module - check!
TIA driver at the tip of the nozzle with a mesh screen - check!
Vented shell w/powerful dynamic driver - check!
Sound sig/analysis - coming soon...

64audio_n8-x01.jpg 64audio_n8-x02.jpg 64audio_n8-x04.jpg 64audio_n8-x05.jpg

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #4,669 of 23,560
Took me a few minutes to figure out "NƐ", and yes, those are initials of Nathan East :)

CIEM hybrid - check!

Custom only or will it be offered as a universal too?

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #4,670 of 23,560
Do you use portable dac? what is your favorite one?
Im not the best person to ask about DACs, but many people like products from chord. the chord Hugo 2 is probably what I would recommend for pure sound quality. I've never actually heard one but people say it is very precise with great imaging and details.

I own their smaller more portable DAC, the chord mojo. the mojo has a warm and moderately resolving sound. it has a somewhat close sound stage presentation so while the soundstage is large, instruments still sound close. nothing really wowed me except the precision of the soundstage. instrument positions are very sharply located in the stage.

There is a caveat to chord products. I've had a lot of problems with the mojo, using the proper drivers, music not playing properly, requiring airplane mode. it gets frustrating after a while so I dont use it outside too much anymore unless I'm on a long trip. my own smartphone is an lg v30 which has a decent DAC chip on it already, so its sound quality is good enough for on the go, where outside noise prevents critical listening anyways.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #4,671 of 23,560

CIEM hybrid - check!

I'm kind of annoyed at the fact that 64 audio really improved their metal logos. they look so smooth now. mine was all craggly and rough

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #4,672 of 23,560
Custom only or will it be offered as a universal too?

Hopefully someone will chime in to confirm it. I was under impression that initially it will be offered as CIEM only, but they could also consider universal down the road. Don't quote me on that. You can clearly see the split between Universal and Custom IEMs on 64audio page, with some of the new releases being offered only in CIEM shell.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #4,674 of 23,560
Hey TW! Correct, No plans for Uni N8.

Too bad...really looking forward to getting one but I was hoping it's universal. I guess I'll have to find another alternative then.

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #4,675 of 23,560
Too bad...really looking forward to getting one but I was hoping it's universal. I guess I'll have to find another alternative then.

The funny thing, if you take a closer look at N8 CIEM shell pictures I posted above, due to my left ear handicap (sharp bend of earcanal) whenever I get CIEM, which is rare nowadays, nozzle is always short and it almost feels and looks like universal and goes in my ear almost like uni, like wedging a cork plug straight in LOL!

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #4,676 of 23,560
The funny thing, if you take a closer look at N8 CIEM shell pictures I posted above, due to my left ear handicap (sharp bend of earcanal) whenever I get CIEM, which is rare nowadays, nozzle is always short and it almost feels and looks like universal and goes in my ear almost like uni, like wedging a cork plug straight in LOL!

Hahaha....I'll call yours a "hybrid" uni-ciem then

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #4,677 of 23,560
i can do this with one of my ears, is it bad?

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #4,679 of 23,560
Jun 16, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #4,680 of 23,560
Same issue here with my right ear. The reason I went into CIEMs was because nothing would stay in my left ear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back