The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,636 of 23,496
Diameter is identical. The length of the bore is slightly longer than the Fourte.

and just to add to Bogdan's reply, Fourte on the left and U18t on the right.

64audio_fourt-38.jpg

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #4,638 of 23,496
hello guys, I was wondering about the N8T if it is compatible with iPhone? I am looking for musical in-ear with a Thick vocal and bass (not revealing) for my mobile. I am not into DAPs neither DACs. I use A18t with pw audio 1960 ( 2 wires) cable which is perfect with classic music but not 100% satisfied when I play different genres. I am looking for something easy to drive and fun to listen. I'd appreciate your recommendations :) thanks.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #4,639 of 23,496
hello guys, I was wondering about the N8T if it is compatible with iPhone? I am looking for musical in-ear with a Thick vocal and bass (not revealing) for my mobile. I am not into DAPs neither DACs. I use A18t with pw audio 1960 ( 2 wires) cable which is perfect with classic music but not 100% satisfied when I play different genres. I am looking for something easy to drive and fun to listen. I'd appreciate your recommendations :) thanks.
Mentor v3

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #4,641 of 23,496
Thanks, I have read a lot regarding Unique Melody I will check this one

The N8 is a more dynamic and fun-sounding IEM, perfect for genres like pop, rock and EDM. If you’re looking for an IEM that’s warmer, softer and more euphonic than the A18 - but still in the same vein in terms of signature - the A6t with the M20 module is a great choice as well.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #4,642 of 23,496
The N8 is a more dynamic and fun-sounding IEM, perfect for genres like pop, rock and EDM. If you’re looking for an IEM that’s warmer, softer and more euphonic than the A18 - but still in the same vein in terms of signature - the A6t with the M20 module is a great choice as well.
thanks for the reply. Is it compatible with mobile? I am more into music apps like Tidal / streaming on youtube which makes the A18t not the best match. I actually use Se846 Shure most of the time and would love for something the could be an upgrade for the Se846. Do you think the A6t has could be an upgrade for the Se846? I listen to pop, electro, classic and acoustic.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #4,645 of 23,496
Mentor v3 seems like a good match actually

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #4,646 of 23,496
thanks for the reply. Is it compatible with mobile? I am more into music apps like Tidal / streaming on youtube which makes the A18t not the best match. I actually use Se846 Shure most of the time and would love for something the could be an upgrade for the Se846. Do you think the A6t has could be an upgrade for the Se846? I listen to pop, electro, classic and acoustic.

Considering your list of genres and the fact that you’re looking for an SE846 replacement, the N8 would be best for you, then. It has similar goals as the SE846 - in dynamic energy, resolution, bass performance - and completes them all in a significantly better way. I think you’ll really be happy with it.

Mentor v3 seems like a good match actually

I have doubts about the Mentor V3’s long-term performance. I think its boundless sense of energy can get fatiguing after some time. I’d personally take the N8 over it, but to each their own.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #4,647 of 23,496
Considering your list of genres and the fact that you’re looking for an SE846 replacement, the N8 would be best for you, then. It has similar goals as the SE846 - in dynamic energy, resolution, bass performance - and completes them all in a significantly better way. I think you’ll really be happy with it.

I have doubts about the Mentor V3’s long-term performance. I think its boundless sense of energy can get fatiguing after some time. I’d personally take the N8 over it, but to each their own.
Does it need an amp to drive it? or I can stick it directly to mobile?

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #4,648 of 23,496
Does it need an amp to drive it? or I can stick it directly to mobile?

The N8 should sound perfectly great out of a smartphone. An amp will certainly elevate its performance, but it won’t perform any worse than the A18t will out of your phone.

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #4,650 of 23,496
I will try the demo then. Thanks Deezel

Are you gonna use it with iPhone? Probably the resolution and the imaging will be scaled down in comparison to top performing dedicated DAPs, but I don't think it will be a problem to drive it from a smartphone, and I wouldn't be surprised if 64audio will add N8 to their U12t/U18t/Trio/Fourte demo line up you can request for audition within US. Or if you are on East Coast closer to NYC area, you can also check with Audio46 store in Manhattan if they will have a demo. N8 will be officially available on June 20th.

I finally got notification/tracking for my N8 review unit, due to arrive tomorrow (if not, then on Monday). I can borrow my daughter's iP6s to see how it sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back