The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,876 of 23,651
I am truly, truly impressed by the U18t loaner. I also learned I can deal with universals, though, so now I'm considering the Trio.

U18t was bright at first, but after 5 days of brain burn in, they're so detailed and fun, but somehow never over the top. I can listen all day and find nuances in music I never even knew existed. The soundstage is incredible. I prefer these to any other headphone, besides maybe the prototype Forte. I am hopeful the Trio sounds similar to the prototype Forte, and if so, they may be my end game.

A18 vs hold out on Trio? I know they're so different, but I do like the feeling of the moving air with DD bass. The U18t has been truly amazing, without fault for the most part, and I can highly recommend them to anyone looking for a dynamic, yet realistic, IEM experience. They're really that good. I'm officially blown away. They really do need a few days for your brain to get used too, though. The first day I listened to them, it was mildly painful, and I hated them. I now can't take them out.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #1,877 of 23,651
I am truly, truly impressed by the U18t loaner. I also learned I can deal with universals, though, so now I'm considering the Trio.

U18t was bright at first, but after 5 days of brain burn in, they're so detailed and fun, but somehow never over the top. I can listen all day and find nuances in music I never even knew existed. The soundstage is incredible. I prefer these to any other headphone, besides maybe the prototype Forte. I am hopeful the Trio sounds similar to the prototype Forte, and if so, they may be my end game.

A18 vs hold out on Trio? I know they're so different, but I do like the feeling of the moving air with DD bass. The U18t has been truly amazing, without fault for the most part, and I can highly recommend them to anyone looking for a dynamic, yet realistic, IEM experience. They're really that good. I'm officially blown away. They really do need a few days for your brain to get used too, though. The first day I listened to them, it was mildly painful, and I hated them. I now can't take them out.

Yeah, the U12 took a few days for me to grow used to the quieter treble. And I'm sure it would have taken a little time for tia Fourté to sound right, if I hadn't spent so much time with Encore around that time. Encore and Fourté both possess bright treble. But to my ears, once you're accustomed to it, neither IEM is fatiguing.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #1,878 of 23,651
Yeah, the U12 took a few days for me to grow used to the quieter treble. And I'm sure it would have taken a little time for tia Fourté to sound right, if I hadn't spent so much time with Encore around that time. Encore and Fourté both possess bright treble. But to my ears, once you're accustomed to it, neither IEM is fatiguing.

What’s your take on Trio vs a18? If you could only live with one as a do everything, and why?

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,879 of 23,651
My take is I'd like to hear them. :wink:

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,880 of 23,651
Hey guys, I have a question. The 64audio designer on their website only offers 3 custom shell colors? Is there no possible way to get other colors?

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,881 of 23,651
Hey guys, I have a question. The 64audio designer on their website only offers 3 custom shell colors? Is there no possible way to get other colors?

They use 3D printed shells, which seriously limits the color choice. Most colors offered by company using 3D print I ever saw was 5 or 6.

You can even be happy for three colors, UE also using 3D print only offers clear shell and nothing else.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,882 of 23,651
They use 3D printed shells, which seriously limits the color choice. Most colors offered by company using 3D print I ever saw was 5 or 6.

You can even be happy for three colors, UE also using 3D print only offers clear shell and nothing else.
Well that's a shame. At least there are options. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #1,883 of 23,651
Well that's a shame. At least there are options. Thanks!
I've seen some custom-ordered colors on their Twitter page, like olive green. Not sure if it was for a celebrity or a mass order or what, but might be worth it to ask if you really ($), really ($$) want another color.

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,884 of 23,651
I've seen some custom-ordered colors on their Twitter page, like olive green. Not sure if it was for a celebrity or a mass order or what, but might be worth it to ask if you really ($), really ($$) want another color.
Wonder how much they'd charge for that. Mu$$$t be very expen$$$sive

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,885 of 23,651
That is correct, universal U12 was cheaper (I think you are right, $1.6k) while Custom A12 was $2k. Now, both U12t and A12t are $2k. So the price remained the same for CIEM version, while universal U12t went up in price to match A12t due to a) all metal shell, b) new premium cable, c) including both M15 and M20 Apex modules.
i have ordered an a12t, ciem
Will a12t also has two module?

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #1,890 of 23,651
Yep.. did you decide which one to get?
I used to own U12 and A12. And I got my A18 4 months ago. I'm done now, not interested in anything right now. :D

20171206_092525.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back