The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,771 of 23,560
I believe the average build time is 5-6 weeks but because of holidays more like 6-8 weeks.
Literally agonizing over what to do.

I’ve heard u18t and Forte as well, but it’s been a while.

I'm in the same place.. the day after I purchased the Fourte the new products launched. My gut telling me to go forward with the Fourte but I want to try out the Trio...

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #1,774 of 23,560
Literally agonizing over what to do.

I’ve heard u18t and Forte as well, but it’s been a while.

I already told you man, the only way you will have a peace of mind is by listening side-by-side to all final production pairs (U12, U12t, U18t, Trio, Fourte) using your favorite source with your favorite songs. Otherwise, you will drive yourself crazy, second guessing even after placing the order. Just wait 2.5 months for CanJam NYC.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #1,776 of 23,560
That is good advise, and you are right. I am just impatient. And may not be able to make CanJam. :p
Same boat here. But after reading impressions, isn't A12t supposed similar in many respects to the A12, but with slightly airier and brighter highs and more balanced mids, so that overall it's a bit less warm? Still not bright, but not toooo warm like the A12 was for many. That's what I've gathered at least (even from the comparisons @twister6 wrote up.

I'm about to place an order for A12t and on the fence as well!

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,777 of 23,560
I was super happy with a12 minus treble. It could have been more airy too. Best ever of all time was the Tia Forte I heard last year at CanJam and am just wondering how similar it'll be to the Trio is all. I wish there was a better way of fully understanding how these things sound without listening in person but I do understand that's an impossible task. I also feel some reviews are overly positive so they'll get more review units, with little real criticism for the product. I wish reviews were more real and not as afraid to really point out flaws in a product.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,778 of 23,560
I believe the average build time is 5-6 weeks but because of holidays more like 6-8 weeks.

I'm in the same place.. the day after I purchased the Fourte the new products launched. My gut telling me to go forward with the Fourte but I want to try out the Trio...

This is the safest route. Do get yourself into a rush for totl, there will only be more fantastic IEM coming. And soon, you will find your true love.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,779 of 23,560
If anyone is trying to demo the 64 audio flag ships I suggest contacting them. I got a Fourté and U18 Tzar demo directly from them so outside of the forum tour. Although the U18 had some cable issues therefore I wasn’t able to demo it, the fourte was fine and the demo ended up leading to my purchase.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,780 of 23,560
So I was just browsing 64 audio official site for info about U12t and Trio, and from the tech spec it says these two iems incorporate LID technology, which stands for linear impedance design. As for the impedance descriptions, it's 12.6 +1/-2 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz for U12t, and 5.5 +.5/-1.5 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz, instead of the standard x ohms @ 1kHz descriptions. So is it some design they started with U12t and Trio, to achieve a flat impedance curve through all frequencies, or is it something they've been doing all along, but only decided to promote on it recently?

I believe they've done something new with the driver design so that the overall sound signature doesn't change significantly with different DAP output impedance (since the whole A12 debacle on here, they've clearly been listening to feedback!). Sounds kinda like what another European CIEM company started doing a couple years back (still "patent pending" tech).

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #1,781 of 23,560
I was super happy with a12 minus treble. It could have been more airy too. Best ever of all time was the Tia Forte I heard last year at CanJam and am just wondering how similar it'll be to the Trio is all. I wish there was a better way of fully understanding how these things sound without listening in person but I do understand that's an impossible task. I also feel some reviews are overly positive so they'll get more review units, with little real criticism for the product. I wish reviews were more real and not as afraid to really point out flaws in a product.

How can we call it a flaw when you have 4 flagship models from one manufacturer with different levels of bass impact and treble peaks? :wink: It's tuned with an intention to appeal to different people with a different sound preference. Look at the last few pages of the discussion in this thread, such a polarizing opinion about Fourte treble, some love it, others don't.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #1,783 of 23,560
Looks like there’s no rush to build order for fourte, just for Tzar

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #1,784 of 23,560
Looks like there’s no rush to build order for fourte, just for Tzar
There is rush only when you see a B-stock tia fourte :D

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,785 of 23,560
I already told you man, the only way you will have a peace of mind is by listening side-by-side to all final production pairs (U12, U12t, U18t, Trio, Fourte) using your favorite source with your favorite songs. Otherwise, you will drive yourself crazy, second guessing even after placing the order. Just wait 2.5 months for CanJam NYC.

I am thankful 64 is local to me. They invited me in and I had a chance to listen to their entire universal lineup. It was reassuring that I was getting the set that I really wanted. Next time I am up for a pair I will bring some food and a pillow, could stay there all day listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back