The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,651 of 23,556
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,652 of 23,556
While on our way to visit family in Oregon this past summer we stopped in at 64 Audio for a while (made an appointment beforehand).

It was a very cool visit! The crew at 64 Audio where very gracious and fun to spend time with.

A few of the interesting things that came up during our conversation (that I've been meaning to post for a while):
  • A 64 Audio tech can make 7 of their standard BA IEMs in the time it takes to assemble a single tia Fourte.
  • At least some of the current product line-up will be revamped to include a tia driver. (My impression is more models will come beyond the Trio & 12At
  • 64 Audio seems very focused on innovation and reaching to the future. For example, the primary research and development on tia was done back during the ADEL licensing period.
  • The tia open BA drivers are an innovation of 64 Audio and are manufactured exclusive to 64 Audio.

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,653 of 23,556
Looking at the new A12t I notice a mesh covering the sound-port.

Has any A18 or Fourte owners have issues with wax clogging the mesh? Is it easy to clean/replace the mesh if so?

(I've had bad experiences with filters on other IEMs before so would like to make sure before I buy them!!)

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,654 of 23,556
I like to have an upgrade path when I buy high end gear like anyone else, but if the technology changes, it's a bit like asking Honda to let me give them my 2015 Accord for an upgrade to the present model. They may give me a decent trade in, but nobody expects an "upgrade".

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #1,655 of 23,556
While on our way to visit family in Oregon this past summer we stopped in at 64 Audio for a while (made an appointment beforehand).

It was a very cool visit! The crew at 64 Audio where very gracious and fun to spend time with.

A few of the interesting things that came up during our conversation (that I've been meaning to post for a while):
  • A 64 Audio tech can make 7 of their standard BA IEMs in the time it takes to assemble a single tia Fourte.
  • At least some of the current product line-up will be revamped to include a tia driver. (My impression is more models will come beyond the Trio & 12At
  • 64 Audio seems very focused on innovation and reaching to the future. For example, the primary research and development on tia was done back during the ADEL licensing period.
  • The tia open BA drivers are an innovation of 64 Audio and are manufactured exclusive to 64 Audio.

That is quite interesting!

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,656 of 23,556
I like to have an upgrade path when I buy high end gear like anyone else, but if the technology changes, it's a bit like asking Honda to let me give them my 2015 Accord for an upgrade to the present model. They may give me a decent trade in, but nobody expects an "upgrade".

Imagine if Honda completely redesigned the Accord, called it the Accord Plus (and stopped selling normal Accords all together lowering resale) but wouldn't take your current Accord in on trade because now the new Accord Plus has a better engine and they have no use for the old one. I don't 'expect' anything and I imagine none of their customers do. I simply think a 'Tzar Upgrade Program' could be beneficial to everyone if done right and I imagine most would be happy to pay for such. And now hearing reports more 't' versions are in the works, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. But I understand business is business. :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #1,657 of 23,556
Keep in mind I think 64 is best in the business. Not one other single IEM company for a second has my attention. They're doing truly insane work and I do understand it comes at a price. Just give us options, guys. :wink:

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,658 of 23,556
A 64 Audio tech can make 7 of their standard BA IEMs in the time it takes to assemble a single tia Fourte.

****! That right there explains a good portion of their insane price.

Nov 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,659 of 23,556
****! That right there explains a good portion of their insane price.
And here I thought they're just popping 4 drivers into a shell, while U/A18 is the headache. The more you know.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,660 of 23,556
I don't quite understand getting 18 drivers into ANYTHING that fits in your ear...

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,662 of 23,556
I wonder when will new models arrive at local dealers.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #1,663 of 23,556
I've had my eye on the A6 for a few years. Now that the 20% discount is live, please give me a reason why I should upgrade to A12t? My wallet is begging me not to. Is the upgrade noticeable? Is it worth the extra cost?

To me the noticeable jump was between the 6 and the 8/12. I personally would spend the extra and go to the 8 or the 12. I heard the 12t when it was labeled as X and it did sound nice, I was guessing it was a new 8t but it turned out to be the 12t. But I would at least go one up from the 6 if you can afford it, that's my two cents and everyone hears differently.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #1,664 of 23,556
The newer models are not discounted, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back