The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #1,622 of 23,496
Man that design is so cool. Anyone in here tried to change the faceplate yet ? I wonder how much they charge to change faceplates.

Agreed, I’ve asked to get this design lol.

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,623 of 23,496
Keep in mind, as I mentioned in the review, those are Sample X & Y aluminum shells from RMAF show, not the final production shells. In terms of the nozzle/stem, Fourte looks nearly identical to Samply Y (Trio), and U18 looks nearly identical to Sample X (U12t). From the pictures of the production samples, they look identical to Sample X/Y as well, so I don't expect any surprises. And indeed, when you compare it to the original U12, pictured above in the middle, the new ones look shorter but you have to take into consideration a wider base.

Take a look at these pictures of U6, U12, and U18.

Thanks! My main issue was with how far forward the stem ended up in the tip (see the picture below). This reduced the flexibility of the tip a bit and because it seems I have quite a sharp bend in my ear canals, it caused some physical pressure and discomfort. Not a huge problem and I wore them several hours a day without it becoming too sore, but with a slightly shorter stem I think it would work better for me because of the flexibility at the end of the tip. (I of course tried not sliding the tip all the way on, but then the U6 would not sit as securely in my ears.)
IMG_1134.JPG

may be more comfortable with a shorter stem, also may be less of a good seal (YMMV, of course).
That is the main downside of universals, it is really difficult to get a design that works well for every ear. Overall I really loved the U6 shells and the stem length was really a minor niggle I had because it would get painful on days were I would listen for 8 hours or so, which is of course quite a lot.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #1,625 of 23,496
Demo Tia Fourte extensively once again on SP1000SS. Although my inital impression about the Fourte is about the bass, after more hours demoing, I realize the highs is actually where The Fourte Shines. The cymbals instruments are so dammed detail. I discover new notes especially with the drummer on the Tia Fourte + SP1000SS combo when I am comparing directly to my HE1000 + Schiit Mj/Gumby Stack. SO Freaking good and detailed cymbals. It is like standing right next to the drummer on stage. The decay of the cymbals also lasted longer compared to HE1000 and Andromeda.

The dynamic bass is superior in its speed. It is a dynamic bass that have BA drivers speed in them. The bass is more about sub bass in the Fourte whereas the U18 have a great emphasis on mid bass that makes the bass so elastic.

I felt lucky to have the privilege to be able to get to an earphone shop so easily after a whole day of work and demo the TOTL products from 64 Audio. U18 and Fourte is Superb. Really look forward to demo the U12t and Trio.

Sadly I will not be bring them home at the moment when I receive an "X" from the local dealer when asking about bf 2017.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #1,626 of 23,496
Question: if the bass is the second most talked about aspect of the Fourte after its treble excellence, and the bass is 100% dynamic driver generated (assuming no full range BA or crossover from the low mids), do people think 64 Audio will ever put that DD out on its own in a single dynamic model?

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,627 of 23,496
Double post.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,629 of 23,496
Fourté order placed. The next 5-6 weeks will be torture.

You and me both... touch decision between Tzar and Fourté but when I came down to the wire I picked the Fourté.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,630 of 23,496
You and me both... touch decision between Tzar and Fourté but when I came down to the wire I picked the Fourté.

Unfortunately my Tzar demo I received were slightly defective so I couldn’t demo them but I loved the Fourté so much I didn’t even care to reaudition the Tzar. Literal perfection to my ears.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,631 of 23,496
Unfortunately my Tzar demo I received were slightly defective so I couldn’t demo them but I loved the Fourté so much I didn’t even care to reaudition the Tzar. Literal perfection to my ears.

I think you’re the 2nd or 3rd person to mention a problem with the Tzar, can someone get that replaced or fixed so that everyone proceeding can experience both?

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,632 of 23,496
Does 64audio allow warranty transfer and what is their after warranty service like? Seems like something this expensive should have at least 3yr warranty. Luckily Chord Hugo has this in place.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,633 of 23,496
Does 64audio allow warranty transfer and what is their after warranty service like? Seems like something this expensive should have at least 3yr warranty. Luckily Chord Hugo has this in place.
I think they have warranty transfer. I sold my A12 and they transferred my A12 order to that person.
For warranty, one year for IEMs and 2 years for CIEMs.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #1,635 of 23,496
The demo I received was different to the demo tour going on through Head Fi, so maybe just a coincidence?

Seems so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back