The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,366 of 23,560
We are excited to announce the winners that guessed the correct driver count for each model.
So what are they? Product Y is a 3 driver model with the full tia system, we’re calling it tia Trió. Product X is the U12t, 12 driver model with a tia high driver and tia single-bore design.

Stay tuned for more information on the release date and price of these new models.

I know it's a 12-driver model, but would you say that in terms of tuning the U12t is like your current U/A12, now with Tia drivers? And will it be available as a custom?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,368 of 23,560
So X is 12 or 13 in total?

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #1,369 of 23,560
@eldss , I guess putting off the U18 purchase paid off.. :)

Congratulations both you guys!
I feel so fortunate. I've never won anything and things couldn't have worked out better. I was so pumped when i found out that i gave my V6-Stages to my wife and I'm gonna be able to donate a pair of IEMs to a friend in Chile who's been touring with a pair of Shure SE215s and was blown away when I loaned him my U8s over the summer. He couldn't believe that there were IEMs with more than 3 drivers and down there, everything is so expensive that 3 driver IEMs go for $1,000 from brands no one has ever heard of.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #1,372 of 23,560
This U12t has all my attention.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #1,373 of 23,560
Oct 21, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #1,376 of 23,560
Knowing the power of Fourte, I'm salivating over the Trio :D

True. But I already have Fourté. Yet I am sorely missing my U12. :)

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,378 of 23,560
@Zeeke I guess it's just the universe's way of repaying a broke university student who would kill to be able to fly out to one of these trade shows :wink:
I feel so fortunate. I've never won anything and things couldn't have worked out better. I was so pumped when i found out that i gave my V6-Stages to my wife and I'm gonna be able to donate a pair of IEMs to a friend in Chile who's been touring with a pair of Shure SE215s and was blown away when I loaned him my U8s over the summer. He couldn't believe that there were IEMs with more than 3 drivers and down there, everything is so expensive that 3 driver IEMs go for $1,000 from brands no one has ever heard of.
Good Karma from you both! Congratulations! :ksc75smile:

And of course very interesting to see these two models, looking forward to the official release!

Oct 21, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #1,379 of 23,560
A big thank you to Dan from Offslip who got for me a demo unit of the U18 Tzar!
Dan is a great guy and he really went all in to help me out in such a short time.. if you're based in UK I can wholeheartedly suggest you contact him for any 64Audio related matter.

Thnx to Dan, yesterday I spent 30+ minutes auditioning the U18t out of my SP1000Cu (+ EA Lionheart).
The U18t are the closest thing to what I would consider my ideal isolating IEM: extremely wide soundstage (with the supplied SPC cable, while the Lionheart extends this even further!) with a very smooth and balanced coherent signature. I couldn't believe I was listening to 18 drivers per ear, everything works so well together ..as one, impeccable tuning.
Tia is pure magic, the treble region is magnificently crisp and airy.
The only department I found "lacking" was the sub-bass, although mid-bass quantity and impact is there (and it is really textured and detailed).. it just doesn't extend that low (inherent problem of using BA drivers I suppose..?), to me, there is no "real rumble".
I should really check the Fourté before ordering the U18t.

btw, the U18t are really gorgeous looking IEMs, on the pictures they look ok, in person they are stunning!
..and soo much smaller than what you think an IEM with 18 drivers should look like!

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,380 of 23,560
We are excited to announce the winners that guessed the correct driver count for each model.
So what are they? Product Y is a 3 driver model with the full tia system, we’re calling it tia Trió. Product X is the U12t, 12 driver model with a tia high driver and tia single-bore design.

Stay tuned for more information on the release date and price of these new models.

is there plan for custom versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back