The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,351 of 23,560
Really wished I could have demoed the new prototypes, but I'll throw my guess in here as well... nothing to lose, and hopefully something nice to gain!
X: U14/A14, 14 drivers (6 low, 6 mid, 1 TIA high-mid and 1 TIA high)
Y: TIA Trio?, 3 drivers (1 dynamic low, 1 mid and 1 TIA high)

Recently upgraded my V6-Stage to an A8, just waiting on the QC step and shipping now. I can't wait to have my gear back and (hopefully if what I read is true) better than before.

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,352 of 23,560
I think it's the opposite. Don't know about any upcoming flagships, but based on Sample X & Y you can expect new releases which bring the tech of U/A18 and TIA Fourte to a more affordable level.

Yeah totally agree with you, I just hope it does lower the price to a realistic level and not "oh hey we need to charge "1 Billion dollars" for the lower ones. But I hope falls in line with current U8/U12 pricing.

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #1,353 of 23,560
If there are more baby model of the U18 and Tia Fourte. I expect there will be a brand new product lineup. A series for multi BA custom, U series for multi BA universal, then the new lineup with built-in apex module / Hybird Dynamic driver + BA, Tia Fourte and the baby Tia Fourte (Prototype Y).

Oct 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,356 of 23,560
Oct 19, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,357 of 23,560
I understand that not many other people have this issue, but I figured I would post this in the event anyone is searching for answers in the future. I am one of those "lucky" people who can hear my own heart beat when wearing most IEM's. No, it's not related to high blood pressure or any other health "issue", it's simply that with my physiology my pulse is ampfied to the point of distraction when I have a good seal with an IEM. I bought the U18's with my fingers crossed that the Apex module would help reduce the effect, but they do not. Unfortunately I'll be selling them but thought I'd post one more question.

I imagine I need an IEM that seals in the ear canal but is open to the environment without adversely effecting bass. Are there any other modules for the U18 besides the two it shipped with I could possibly try that are more "open". This is not a problem with my full sized over the ear headphones, nor with my LCDi4's, but more or less an issue with all other traditional IEMs. It's not as bad with my InEar Prophile 8's but I think that is due to the shape which leads to a deeper insertion and less space between the my ear drum and outlet.

I'm seriously disappointed since they sound amazing but it is really distracting.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,358 of 23,560
I understand that not many other people have this issue, but I figured I would post this in the event anyone is searching for answers in the future. I am one of those "lucky" people who can hear my own heart beat when wearing most IEM's. No, it's not related to high blood pressure or any other health "issue", it's simply that with my physiology my pulse is ampfied to the point of distraction when I have a good seal with an IEM. I bought the U18's with my fingers crossed that the Apex module would help reduce the effect, but they do not. Unfortunately I'll be selling them but thought I'd post one more question.

I imagine I need an IEM that seals in the ear canal but is open to the environment without adversely effecting bass. Are there any other modules for the U18 besides the two it shipped with I could possibly try that are more "open". This is not a problem with my full sized over the ear headphones, nor with my LCDi4's, but more or less an issue with all other traditional IEMs. It's not as bad with my InEar Prophile 8's but I think that is due to the shape which leads to a deeper insertion and less space between the my ear drum and outlet.

I'm seriously disappointed since they sound amazing but it is really distracting.
Could this situation be due to the occlusion effect where noises just get amplified? I know that ADEL reduces this a little, but doesn't completely eliminates it. They are claiming that their Drum will (see section 3 on link), but honestly I can't recommend ADEL at the moment, because they have yet to deliver or even provide an update on that project after months of delays and ignoring people's inquiries, but might be worth exploring for you.

https://asiustechnologies.com/blogs/now-hear-this/update-on-the-adel-drum-earbuds

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,359 of 23,560

I'm afraid you are looking in a wrong place for the solution to your problem. I think you need to switch to over-ear headphones, nothing that goes into your ears to "amplify" your heartbeat.

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,360 of 23,560
I'm afraid you are looking in a wrong place for the solution to your problem. I think you need to switch to over-ear headphones, nothing that goes into your ears to "amplify" your heartbeat.
Agreed. To completely eliminate the issue I do not have a choice but there are some IEM's that work better than others for me and at times I do require the isolation of an IEM. So I'm searching for a solution that minimizes the effect. I have absolutely no issue with the LCDi4's but they do not isolate at all. Thus far I haven't found a compromise between the two extremes. I can experiment with tips that insert deeper but it likely comes down to the shape of the IEM. Again, it's noticeable on my Prophile 8's but not as much as these which actually sit fairly shallow. I would probably be better off with a custom but am hesitant to go that route not knowing for sure since I could not as easily unload those.

Regardless, I was not intending to take this off topic to discuss other brands. I wanted to make sure there were not other known Apex or Adel 'like' options for the U18 available now or on the horizon.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,361 of 23,560
Agreed. To completely eliminate the issue I do not have a choice but there are some IEM's that work better than others for me and at times I do require the isolation of an IEM. So I'm searching for a solution that minimizes the effect. I have absolutely no issue with the LCDi4's but they do not isolate at all. Thus far I haven't found a compromise between the two extremes. I can experiment with tips that insert deeper but it likely comes down to the shape of the IEM. Again, it's noticeable on my Prophile 8's but not as much as these which actually sit fairly shallow. I would probably be better off with a custom but am hesitant to go that route not knowing for sure since I could not as easily unload those.

Regardless, I was not intending to take this off topic to discuss other brands. I wanted to make sure there were not other known Apex or Adel 'like' options for the U18 available now or on the horizon.
I’ll help you steer this back on topic.. :)

Apart from your problems (sorry to hear that..) ..how would you compare the i4 with the Tzar?
I love the i4 but I also need to have something “in the same league” that gives me some isolation for traveling (I’m on 2-4 flights per week currently, similar to you as far as I understood from your posts..)

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,362 of 23,560
I’ll help you steer this back on topic.. :)

Apart from your problems (sorry to hear that..) ..how would you compare the i4 with the Tzar?
I love the i4 but I also need to have something “in the same league” that gives me some isolation for traveling (I’m on 2-4 flights per week currently, similar to you as far as I understood from your posts..)
It's some what of an apples and oranges comparison since the i4's are closer to an over the ear than they are an IEM, but they do share similar characteristics. The U18's have been reviewed to death on this thread so I'll just add and agree that the soundstage is fantastic for an IEM. They do have more of an open signtuare with clarity and detail retrieval that is outstanding. I'm on a plane a few times a week and often trying to work and focus in noisy environments so isolation is a must. The i4's are fantastic for the hotel room but never come out of my bag in public areas. I would say that they do have similar signatures but you're working with two very different technologies. The i4's are great since they take EQ so well without distorting. They can really take on what ever signature you're looking for from a tone standpoint and they are astonishingly revealing. Honestly I get as much enjoyment out of my transportable set up (Hugo 2 + WA8) as I do my desktop. The u18's with my DX200 (portable) are on par though too.

I haven't followed this thread in a while but would be curious if anyone had a recommendation for a tip that may seal deeper in the ear canal. Right now I'm listening to the U18's with the Mandarin Symbio wide bore tips in a fairly noisy environment and they sound outstanding and I do not notice my heart beat. This could be good enough but we'll see and is much better than the stock silicone tips.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #1,363 of 23,560
We are excited to announce the winners that guessed the correct driver count for each model.
So what are they? Product Y is a 3 driver model with the full tia system, we’re calling it tia Trió. Product X is the U12t, 12 driver model with a tia high driver and tia single-bore design.

Stay tuned for more information on the release date and price of these new models.

head-fi_winners-2.jpg

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #1,364 of 23,560
We are excited to announce the winners that guessed the correct driver count for each model.
So what are they? Product Y is a 3 driver model with the full tia system, we’re calling it tia Trió. Product X is the U12t, 12 driver model with a tia high driver and tia single-bore design.

Stay tuned for more information on the release date and price of these new models.

ROFL that guy didnt even listen to or demo either the X or Y.... Ijohn96 "Really wished I could have demoed the new prototypes, but I'll throw my guess in here as well"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back