The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,021 of 23,565
"Отец царя" arrived ... nearly 30 hours after burning:

Sound hyper realistic, almost unnatural detailed ...

After trying out a lot of cable and tips, I can conclude that the 4 pieces of Sonion 2800 produce extremely fast depths ... faster than the 3800.

Obviously, this is a monitor IEM we do not have to look for bass, but I have a good news for bass fans ... I found a cable with a very strong bass. Unfortunately, this is a 40 year old OFC Litz (it was very difficult to soldering because Litz) but it is extremely smooth, although it has detailed and extensive bass.

Even a quick statement: in balanced mode the bass volume decreases (obviously the sound stage is more opened.)

Source: AK320

20170802_115309[1].jpg

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,022 of 23,565
So these landed today, 2 days from the USA to the UK :D (U6 model)

I definitely prefer them with the M15 module over the M20, I find the M20 to have just a tad too much bass presence for my tastes, the whole sound with the M15 module is beautifully balanced and detailed. With the M20 the sub-bass response is incredible, but I prefer the crisper highs with the M15 module. It's nice to have the option, and also I may prefer the M20 with a silver cable for example.

Also changed back to Comply tips after trying a bunch of tips. The nozzle is long on these so the foam doesn't influence the sound as much as they do with other IEM's.

IMG_20170803_111138-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #1,023 of 23,565
My two cents...

Had a chance today to compare fourte, u18 and andromeda with my symbio tips, and chord mojo. I was honestly not expecting this kind of bass response from a BA driver-only U18. It was really really good. I do have my CA Vegas and dorados and love them, but I could easily be happy with the U18. Between U18 and fourte, I actually liked U18 more because I felt it had a tad more bass/subbass (could just be my mind playing tricks or improper seal?), but the difference for me was not worth the price difference between the two.
As for the andromeda, it was not for me. I'd say for my tastes, it was bass light compared to the other two.

Regards,

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #1,025 of 23,565
Very true. We all ear things differently, everybody has different preference when it comes to sound signature they like. I also heard the lcdi4, and absolutely hated the sound signature. Granted it was just through mojo, and they might require more powerful amps, but with what i had at the time, i did not like the sound signature/tuning at all. For me, it was not engaging at all.

Regards,

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #1,026 of 23,565
My two cents...

Had a chance today to compare fourte, u18 and andromeda with my symbio tips, and chord mojo. I was honestly not expecting this kind of bass response from a BA driver-only U18. It was really really good. I do have my CA Vegas and dorados and love them, but I could easily be happy with the U18. Between U18 and fourte, I actually liked U18 more because I felt it had a tad more bass/subbass (could just be my mind playing tricks or improper seal?), but the difference for me was not worth the price difference between the two.
As for the andromeda, it was not for me. I'd say for my tastes, it was bass light compared to the other two.

Regards,
Thanks for the impressions.

Any other comparisons between the U18, Fourte and Vega? Details, stage, vocals, etc? Think the U18 is worth the upgrade overall?

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #1,028 of 23,565
"Отец царя" arrived ... nearly 30 hours after burning:

Sound hyper realistic, almost unnatural detailed ...

After trying out a lot of cable and tips, I can conclude that the 4 pieces of Sonion 2800 produce extremely fast depths ... faster than the 3800.

Obviously, this is a monitor IEM we do not have to look for bass, but I have a good news for bass fans ... I found a cable with a very strong bass. Unfortunately, this is a 40 year old OFC Litz (it was very difficult to soldering because Litz) but it is extremely smooth, although it has detailed and extensive bass.

Even a quick statement: in balanced mode the bass volume decreases (obviously the sound stage is more opened.)

Source: AK320

i just heard this very iem today, driven by tulku's ak320. the best portable setup i've ever heard, period. resolution, soundstage, micro details, bass extension and speed, you name it - all top notch.

damn.

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,030 of 23,565
My two cents...

Regards,

I agree with you. 18 has more bass than Forte, verified when the graphs came out.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,032 of 23,565
Can't stand waiting for my A18. Expected to get it in 2 weeks.
Most outstanding CIEM ever! You will love it. However, you may find that you have to change your user name from hybridnut to BA_Believer.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,033 of 23,565
Hi All;
Apologize for dredging this up again (as I know it has been addressed in past threads). but I'm curious how tinnitus sufferers are doing with Apex. I know Ike has felt that Apex technology was not quite as efficacious as Adel (although he likes the 64 Audio sound better).
Can any other listeners comment on their experiences?
I just started getting into eim's earlier this year. I had a DD iem, and really started getting tinnitus exacerbations pretty early on. I then went to a full BA model (InEar PP-8). I am extremely happy with it's audio performance, but I'm still finding that it flares the tinnitus. Thus, I am probably looking at an EE Zeus or a 64 Apex.

thx!

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,034 of 23,565
mm....my tinnitus of several months went away once I stopped listening to all my headfi gear except the HE1. So my reco is to buy the HE1...................................LOL!

Seriously, I've stopped listening to all my in-ears, including the Tia Fourte (with the apex/tia thingies). I've confined my listening to a handful of open-backed headphones, including the HE 1. My tinnitus (had it daily for many months, specially upon waking up) just went away. I usually listened to my music (on a daily basis) at a higher volume than normal when using in-ears, specially universals. NO flare-ups for now.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,035 of 23,565
mm....my tinnitus of several months went away once I stopped listening to all my headfi gear except the HE1. So my reco is to buy the HE1...................................LOL!

Seriously, I've stopped listening to all my in-ears, including the Tia Fourte (with the apex/tia thingies). I've confined my listening to a handful of open-backed headphones, including the HE 1. My tinnitus (had it daily for many months, specially upon waking up) just went away. I usually listened to my music (on a daily basis) at a higher volume than normal when using in-ears, specially universals. NO flare-ups for now.

So, basically, your recommendation is to buy a pair of $55k headphones (Senns HE1) to cure the tinnitus, right? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back