The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 15, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,037 of 23,496
Green looks great on U18 and on EA Lionheart Psquare (Palladium-Platinum, has green rings) connector.

Too bad this "green" M20 module (exactly the same performance as a regular M20) is not available for sale. It's called NorthWest edition to commemorate the trees and the nature. It was made in limited quantities, just for the artists, but I really hope one day 64audio will consider making a small batch for sale. I have a feeling many will like it, especially those ordering A18 can get creative with artwork around the green module.

64audio_u18_green_m20_lionheart.jpg

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #1,040 of 23,496
Green looks great on U18 and on EA Lionheart Psquare (Palladium-Platinum, has green rings) connector.

Too bad this "green" M20 module (exactly the same performance as a regular M20) is not available for sale. It's called NorthWest edition to commemorate the trees and the nature. It was made in limited quantities, just for the artists, but I really hope one day 64audio will consider making a small batch for sale. I have a feeling many will like it, especially those ordering A18 can get creative with artwork around the green module.

I love it. 64 please listen to the prayers =]

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,041 of 23,496
mm....my tinnitus of several months went away once I stopped listening to all my headfi gear except the HE1. So my reco is to buy the HE1...................................LOL!

Seriously, I've stopped listening to all my in-ears, including the Tia Fourte (with the apex/tia thingies). I've confined my listening to a handful of open-backed headphones, including the HE 1. My tinnitus (had it daily for many months, specially upon waking up) just went away. I usually listened to my music (on a daily basis) at a higher volume than normal when using in-ears, specially universals. NO flare-ups for now.

Happy to help you get rid of that pesky Fourte problem! :grin:

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,043 of 23,496
Mm...yeah...maybe....still sad if my observation is correct....sad because I bought the PW Audio 1964 4 wire, Effect Audio Leonidas and Labkable Samurai III for my in-ears, including the Fourte. :triportsad:

Sonab....

Unfortunate indeed... it's like you bought everything from the IEM Hall of Fame lol

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,044 of 23,496
Mm...lol! My problem is I went into this hobby really, really late and I am just catching up.

Btt, I did notice that using the Fourte with the Apex thingie made listening a lot less fatigue-inducing compared with regular in-ears.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,045 of 23,496
Mm...lol! My problem is I went into this hobby really, really late and I am just catching up.

Btt, I did notice that using the Fourte with the Apex thingie made listening a lot less fatigue-inducing compared with regular in-ears.

Shoot, goodbye Fourte for me! Lol.

That's one heck of a way to join, though. Expensive, but to be honest you probably ended up saving in the long run, as you skipped many upgrades in-between.

But then again you throw in the HE-1 and, well, nevermind!

Great for you that you get to enjoy all this great gear, though. Happy listening :L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #1,046 of 23,496
Could someone help me out to decide between the U18 and the Tia Fourte?

I previously had the KSE1500 and to me, those were the BEST sounding hardware I have ever heard. I put them above the Focal Utopia in terms of the sound quality (which is my daily driver currently).
However, I had to sell the KSE1500 because after 1-2 hours they got EXTREMELY uncomfortable. This is was a surprise to me because I had the SE846 which are similarly shaped and to me still are the most comfortable IEM's I have had. I think the KSE1500's weight is what made them very uncomfortable.

I am looking to buy new IEM's so that I can use them when travelling or even occasionally when I am on the bed or need some isolation.

Current source: Either my PC or my phone (pixel XL). Looking to get a dac/dap like Mojo, something like Mjolnir 2 or maybe even the new LG V30. Portability is my priority so probably it will be V30 or mojo.
Music taste: I have relatively diverse taste in music. I mostly listen to Electronic music (Deadmau5, Above & Beyond), slow songs (movie scores like Interstellar, instrumental electronic songs), alternative rock/pop (Coldplay, Echos, Aquilo, M83 etc) and at times even rock like Linkin Park or 30 seconds to Mars. Usually, the way the instruments are mixed in a song and/or the vocals of the singer is what pulls me to the song. And so far this is what KSE1500 perfected (to my ears).

From what I have read so far: it seems the U18 is a bit more into bass and the fourte is more on the neutral side (and I am assuming closer to the KSE1500). Also, if any of you have used the kse1500, how different are the u18s and Fourtes size and weight wise from KSE1500? I do not want to buy them only to have to sell them again. Unfortunately, I live in Middle East and there's no way I can try such IEM's anywhere.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out :D

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,047 of 23,496
Hum... I suppose I was wrong to think Comply foam tips wouldn't affect the sound much on my U6 due to the long bore, how wrong I was. Yes they are the most comfortable tips, but I put some generic silicone tips on today that are wide enough to not block any part of the sound tubes, and hey presto they have more air and sparkle.

It came about as I was tested them side by side with my Noble Sage, and they sounded a lot more balanced and even bright upon first listen after coming from the U6 with M20 module. The U6 are still smoother and have a fuller sound, but the micro detail retrieval is better and sub-bass rumble is still really impressive.

Still don't quite know which I prefer.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #1,048 of 23,496

I previously had the KSE1500 and to me, those were the BEST sounding hardware I have ever heard. I put them above the Focal Utopia in terms of the sound quality (which is my daily driver currently).
However, I had to sell the KSE1500 because after 1-2 hours they got EXTREMELY uncomfortable. This is was a surprise to me because I had the SE846 which are similarly shaped and to me still are the most comfortable IEM's I have had. I think the KSE1500's weight is what made them very uncomfortable.

I am looking to buy new IEM's so that I can use them when travelling or even occasionally when I am on the bed or need some isolation.

Current source: Either my PC or my phone (pixel XL). Looking to get a dac/dap like Mojo, something like Mjolnir 2 or maybe even the new LG V30. Portability is my priority so probably it will be V30 or mojo.
Music taste: I have relatively diverse taste in music. I mostly listen to Electronic music (Deadmau5, Above & Beyond), slow songs (movie scores like Interstellar, instrumental electronic songs), alternative rock/pop (Coldplay, Echos, Aquilo, M83 etc) and at times even rock like Linkin Park or 30 seconds to Mars. Usually, the way the instruments are mixed in a song and/or the vocals of the singer is what pulls me to the song. And so far this is what KSE1500 perfected (to my ears).

From what I have read so far: it seems the U18 is a bit more into bass and the fourte is more on the neutral side (and I am assuming closer to the KSE1500). Also, if any of you have used the kse1500, how different are the u18s and Fourtes size and weight wise from KSE1500? I do not want to buy them only to have to sell them again. Unfortunately, I live in Middle East and there's no way I can try such IEM's anywhere.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out :D
I have similar music taste as you, in fact I listen to the same bands as listed. I like the tia forte the best for these kinds of music.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,049 of 23,496

However, I had to sell the KSE1500 because after 1-2 hours they got EXTREMELY uncomfortable.... Also, if any of you have used the kse1500, how different are the u18s and Fourtes size and weight wise from KSE1500?

I am super surprised that you find the KSE un-comfortable :astonished:

I used to have the Roxane that were too big for my ear, and when I switched to the KSE I found them EXTREMELY confortable !? They are so small that they fit INSIDE my ear, and.. I LOVE THEM.
shure in rear.jpg

May be you tried the wrong tips ? I adapted some bigger 3 flange tips to the KSE1500 to get the best possible fit. May be you could try again . :wink:

BM Tips3.jpg BM Tips4.jpg BM Tips2.jpg

--> Could you explain what was the confort difference with your SE846, I can't understand how 2 similar shape can offer such a different confort ??

During CanJam I tried the U18 and Fourté. I wanted to test them before buying the KSE1500. Indeed, I had the secret dream to find an IEM as good as the KSE1500 without needing the extra Shure Amp to carry. I found the U18/Fourté smaller and more confortable than I expected, but still, inferior in term of confort AND Sound precision (may be more fun, but... less precise and farther from the reality of the recording. The KSE do not lie, it just play the record as it is, with immense precision and musicality).

So... I ended up buying the KSE 1500 right after my U18/Listening cession. Now I carry it with, attached to my SP1000, inside a nice carrying case that I made for them.

FullSizeRender-4.jpg FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back