The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,007 of 23,496
Looking forward to joining the 64 Audio family, a pair of U6's will be making their way to me soon :D

Anyone here got them?

Had a chat with Roman yesterday and the U6 should fit my tastes of a balanced and fairly neutral monitor.

Excellent choice (IMHO).

Such a solid all around performer and great value. The U6 has been my travel/activity headphone for 2+ years and has never let me down an or disappointed.

Odds are you will really enjoy them!

Which Apex module did you pick?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,008 of 23,496
Ah, sorry I wasn't more clear. My inquiry is about the copper Truth cable with the Tia Fourte.

Stock SPC vs Dita Cu cable

I listened to the following on my LPG to come to my conclusions:
Nora Jones
Dire Straits
Ed Sheeran
Eric Clapton
Steely Dan
Daft Punk

Cu cable makes the stage more intimate, smaller in size.
Increase in mid bass that makes the notes thicker and more dense.
Vocals have more body with the Cu cable, slightly recessed, loss of transparency
Instruments seem to lose airiness, separation, clarity, resolution.
Timbre is either more appealing or less appealing, depending on your preference of sound. To me, on the Fourte, it's less appealing.
Loss of the holographic effect of the stage, placement of instruments and singer(s) move inward on the stage, stage shrinks.
That top end "edge" you can get with certain music is surely gone. Seems like the cable cuts the upper midrange / lower treble peak, as the notes lose clarity and resolution

To me, the appeal of the Fourte in regards to its stage, resolution, separation and holographic sound / stage are lost with a pure copper cable.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #1,009 of 23,496
Excellent choice (IMHO).

Such a solid all around performer and great value. The U6 has been my travel/activity headphone for 2+ years and has never let me do an or disappointed.

Odds are you will really enjoy them!

Which Apex module did you pick?

They are coming with the standard M20, but I'll try and get an M15 module to try too :)

Cannot wait to hear them

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,010 of 23,496
Stock SPC vs Dita Cu cable

I listened to the following on my LPG to come to my conclusions:
Nora Jones
Dire Straits
Ed Sheeran
Eric Clapton
Steely Dan
Daft Punk

Cu cable makes the stage more intimate, smaller in size.
Increase in mid bass that makes the notes thicker and more dense.
Vocals have more body with the Cu cable, slightly recessed, loss of transparency
Instruments seem to lose airiness, separation, clarity, resolution.
Timbre is either more appealing or less appealing, depending on your preference of sound. To me, on the Fourte, it's less appealing.
Loss of the holographic effect of the stage, placement of instruments and singer(s) move inward on the stage, stage shrinks.
That top end "edge" you can get with certain music is surely gone. Seems like the cable cuts the upper midrange / lower treble peak, as the notes lose clarity and resolution

To me, the appeal of the Fourte in regards to its stage, resolution, separation and holographic sound / stage are lost with a pure copper cable.

Very informative!

Please let us know if you find cables you like with the Fourte.

Thanks!

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,011 of 23,496
Getting the M15 module as well as the M20.

I have a feeling I may prefer the M15 module but we'll see when they arrive.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,012 of 23,496
Very informative!

Please let us know if you find cables you like with the Fourte.

Thanks!

As the person who convinced you to buy the fourte I think it is only fitting I chime in on this.

I actually do find the copper truth to have a large improvement over the stock cable technically in all ways. However I feel the standard silver truth is a better match. It makes the fourte sound even bigger, massive stave, incredible transparency, deep, powerful, slightly elevated bass, it just makes everything sound huge.

Given how you seem to agree with all my impressions on the fourte thus far I am most certain you will love it with the silver truth cable. It is the best match I've heard to my ears. Everything you like about the fourte, you'll get more with the truth.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #1,013 of 23,496
As the person who convinced you to buy the fourte I think it is only fitting I chime in on this.

I actually do find the copper truth to have a large improvement over the stock cable technically in all ways. However I feel the standard silver truth is a better match. It makes the fourte sound even bigger, massive stave, incredible transparency, deep, powerful, slightly elevated bass, it just makes everything sound huge.

Given how you seem to agree with all my impressions on the fourte thus far I am most certain you will love it with the silver truth cable. It is the best match I've heard to my ears. Everything you like about the fourte, you'll get more with the truth.

OK, you have my attention.

But going silver plated seems almost contradictory to recent remarks on such cables by @flinkenick, and (no surprise to you, I am sure) I am quite in agreement with his also recent comments on the importance timbre.

Thoughts / experiences appreciated!

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #1,014 of 23,496
I'll say, between the Dita Cu and the DK 8 braid SPC, there's is a rather large difference between the two.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #1,015 of 23,496
OK, you have my attention.

But going silver plated seems almost contradictory to recent remarks on such cables by @flinkenick, and (no surprise to you, I am sure) I am quite in agreement with his also recent comments on the importance timbre.

Thoughts / experiences appreciated!

Here's the thing, the truth isnt simply an SPC cable. As with all van den Hul flagship cables they have a proprietary 3T compound in there, and this makes them very different from anything else. The level of finesse and authority it adds to the fourte'a sound is quite something to my ears.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #1,016 of 23,496
Here's the thing, the truth isnt simply an SPC cable. As with all van den Hul flagship cables they have a proprietary 3T compound in there, and this makes them very different from anything else. The level of finesse and authority it adds to the fourte'a sound is quite something to my ears.

How does it compares to 1960 2wire (not 4wire, that one is too bright w/Fourte)? 2wire (4 conductor) version of 1960 is my currently favorite cable with Fourte, though I don't have dita cables.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,017 of 23,496
How does it compares to 1960 2wire (not 4wire, that one is too bright w/Fourte)? 2wire (4 conductor) version of 1960 is my currently favorite cable with Fourte, though I don't have dita cables.

The 4 wire is spacious, but as you mentioned, it can be rather thin sounding.

I am not the biggest fan of the 1960 cable because despite it being detailed, I don't find it to have the same level of impact and dynamism that the truth cables have. The price doesn't help

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,018 of 23,496
This is an interesting discussion. Thanks to each of you who have provided impressions re the Truth cables with the Fourte. I acquired the Dream last week which has a silver Truth cable on it. Having tried it on the Fourte my initial impression is that I prefer the stock Fourte cable. I am still burning the silver Truth in (not even at 100 hours yet) so will try again with some more critical listening at 300 hours or more. I am actually like the versatility, build and aesthetics of the Truth cables. They are springy but which is a little bit annoying but overall I think they are a great cable.

I prefer the stock Fourte cable over my PW no 5 cable and also my 1960's 2 wire. I am actually thinking I might end up sending my stock Fourte cable to MS to get reterminated with a 4.4mm balanced plug for my incoming Sony 1z.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #1,019 of 23,496
a lot of people dont realise how good the new 64 audio stock cable is, it's not the best ergonomically but sonically its really really good for a stock cable.

Btw for anyone who hasn't do try the U18 without the modules, its leaner but the transparency, openness and the imaging takes quite the step up!

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,020 of 23,496
Does anyone know which company makes the 64 Audio cable? 64 Audio or someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back