The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #11,971 of 23,560
I saw good review for Lotoo Paw S1. But I don't know whether there is a huge difference from a mid price DAP. This set up is quite cost effective. Thanks
I really like the Lotoo Paw S1 with my phone, but I added the Hiby just because the user interface isn't super laggy and it's portable. You were also specifically asking for a DAP, so I think you'd get a decent source with that combo.

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #11,974 of 23,560
I like the new case, but I dont think I would pay 50 dollars for it on its own. It's also kinda small and hard to fit the nio in there with the silver cable, especially without messing with the memory wire. Stupid memory wire.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #11,976 of 23,560
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #11,978 of 23,560
Just looking at your default photo makes me feel better about my spending habits lol.

I cant I dont want to be at that position lol

Better only keep but the ultimate best one. Other ways a big collection is gonna gather hehe

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #11,979 of 23,560
64audio now sells that premium leather case that comes with the Nio on their website. $49.99 + shipping and handling. Comes out to be just under $61 for me but that’s a bit too much imo. Just thought I’d share it’s available. :)
Blank versions of these cases can be sourced from AliExpress.com for $12.00. Effect Audio also uses a very similar case thats almost certainly coming out of the same factory in Asia.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #11,981 of 23,560
Cayin n6 with e02 sounds just awesome to me :) and for your different music styles I would nearly say its worth to getting both :D for the piano music I would pick the Solaris and for pop and everything with more bass the NIO :wink: I don’t see me parting with one of both at the moment , but I only tried metal yet with nio

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #11,982 of 23,560
My only concern is that the Sedna Short S falls out my ears quite easily (the standard length holds tight being a deeper insert). And the Xelastec is equivalent to the short. I guess I can always slide it down the stalk slightly so that it sits deeper. Hope it grips like crazy like you guys say it does - that Nio stalk is like a wet water slide for loose tips.

PS. Is Amazon.com the cheapest source?
Get a set of spinfits that come with the adapters (you'll have to work out the nozzle sizes yourself) and use those to keep the tips on.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #11,984 of 23,560
I'm now trying the MX module, and I'm liking it a lot, I don't feel i'm lacking bass (just not a bass head profile) and it helps to perceive midrange and micro detail much better, plus stage sounds wider.

I would like to get the FIR O, but I need to find out if it can be purchased independently.
Yes they can, $49 per pair. Email them.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #11,985 of 23,560
Get a set of spinfits that come with the adapters (you'll have to work out the nozzle sizes yourself) and use those to keep the tips on.
Thanks, I came up with that mod for the U12t 😉 It works with the Nio too, but I only need it for the Spiral Dots. The Sednas seem to hold tight, and also have a harder stem material than the Spiral Dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back