The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #12,001 of 23,668
I pre-ordered nio from headphones dot com late June and I started to "warm up" by listening to my trio while waiting for nio. However, it's been a month and I've got nothing.
They got 3 pairs on their first batch and they're still waiting for the remaining pairs. Sadly, it seems like 64audio can't keep up with the demand. Nothing headphones dot com can do sadly. I also bought my pair from them and apparently they're getting some at the end of August, maybe a bit earlier, but still a long way to go until then.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #12,002 of 23,668
They got 3 pairs on their first batch and they're still waiting for the remaining pairs. Sadly, it seems like 64audio can't keep up with the demand. Nothing headphones dot com can do sadly. I also bought my pair from them and apparently they're getting some at the end of August, maybe a bit earlier, but still a long way to go until then.
the wait is a killer :frowning2:

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #12,003 of 23,668
im wondering why you guys have these issues and im not ? :D i mean im happy that mine works without any rings or spacers or whatever ... just wondering why .. i can even "shake" the iem by holding the tip only and nothing moves from its place..
is there a difference in the nozzle diameter or at the tip stems ? the xelastecs dont move on easily you have to push them on...
Good question. Maybe take some close up pics to show us how you have them installed? Do they form a tight seal in your ears? How deep do you insert them?

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #12,004 of 23,668
Good question. Maybe take some close up pics to show us how you have them installed? Do they form a tight seal in your ears? How deep do you insert them?
i make some shots .. wait a moment , as deep as possible :D yes they seal very tight , if i take them out again the tips gets pulled "reversed" ( like i make the photos in a sek )

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #12,005 of 23,668
4D31F3DC-848E-4D59-B201-D1897E746914.jpeg
A727BE84-0BB8-40EA-8EA6-71E15E893DEB.jpeg
9839CE41-1E81-486F-B3BC-3042DAB15D66.jpeg

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #12,006 of 23,668
im wondering why you guys have these issues and im not ? :D i mean im happy that mine works without any rings or spacers or whatever ... just wondering why .. i can even "shake" the iem by holding the tip only and nothing moves from its place..
is there a difference in the nozzle diameter or at the tip stems ? the xelastecs dont move on easily you have to push them on...
I'm not having issues either. The xelastec fits and holds tight. I actually haven't had any issues with any eartips not staying on. I'm even able to use spiral dot ++ tips without an adapter (though I have adapters available). Biggest issue with those is that there's no stop to determine how far down the stem they should be.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #12,007 of 23,668
I'm not having issues either. The xelastec fits and holds tight. I actually haven't had any issues with any eartips not staying on. I'm even able to use spiral dot ++ tips without an adapter (though I have adapters available). Biggest issue with those is that there's no stop to determine how far down the stem they should be.

Yep, the same here. Xelastec grip with 64audio IEM nozzles is tight and secure. No issues with U18t, Fourte, Nio, U12t, Trio, etc.

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #12,008 of 23,668
That's really weird. Anyone with the xelastics live in hot climate? Im in San Diego right now and wonder if heat is cause of them able to slide a lot.

I bought 2 seperate sets on 2 seperate dates to just be sure I didn't get manufacturers defect. But no, mine slide around like crazy.

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #12,009 of 23,668
I use small o-rings. Got them from a plumbing shop, but like @Titienne said you can get the small rings used to dampen keyboard keys. Cheap from Amazon.

20200725_225030~2.jpg

I've been wondering the same thing. It's so simple. It should be mandatory really. Or at least use 'grippy' paint on the nozzle instead of high-gloss paint that makes them tip-resistant!

#firstworldproblemsiknow

Edit: if you use the regular Sedna EarFit or Light tips you don't need a spacer because it seems Sedna understands the struggle of those with long nozzle IEMs and make their tip stems long enough to allow for a decent gap between tip and nozzle. Which makes me wonder why they didn't make Xelastec with a standard stem length...

So you place the o ring behind the tip so the tip can't slide back too far on the nozzle? Well this would solve the sliding backwards problem, but what about the sliding off problem? Lol.

That's kind of the worse issue, they just slide right off the nozzle when I take them out of my ears

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #12,010 of 23,668
So you place the o ring behind the tip so the tip can't slide back too far on the nozzle? Well this would solve the sliding backwards problem, but what about the sliding off problem? Lol.

That's kind of the worse issue, they just slide right off the nozzle when I take them out of my ears
Yes, that stops the sliding down issue. I haven't had sliding off issues with any of the Sedna tips, even Sedna short. So not sure what to suggest. The Sedna stems have a smaller diameter than the Spiral Dots so should take a bit of effort to put on, and then grip tight. You should maybe try one size down with the tips, could be they're gripping too tight in your ears.

Maybe take a short video of how easily they slide off and post it here.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #12,012 of 23,668
Looks like you push the tips all the way down so the Nio nozzle is almost flush at the end of the tip. Probably not a good idea unless your ears are squeaky clean all the time 😉
But I found this is what the Tia High works best, for both my U18T and Nio.

Jul 26, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #12,014 of 23,668
That's really weird. Anyone with the xelastics live in hot climate? Im in San Diego right now and wonder if heat is cause of them able to slide a lot.

I bought 2 seperate sets on 2 seperate dates to just be sure I didn't get manufacturers defect. But no, mine slide around like crazy.
Did you buy them from two separate places though? If there were a faulty batch you could still have wound up with a duff set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back