The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 21, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #10,711 of 23,673
I was just about to buy a used Tio Trio when this came for sale. Glad I procrastinated! I ordered one of these to try. I have not tried any 64 Audio products yet.

I am curious to see how it compare to my IER-Z1R and CFA Atlas. I had the original Solaris but it didn't move me like those, hoping this is better.

Jun 21, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #10,713 of 23,673
64 Audio said in a sponsored post on Facebook that the deal ends this week.

do not like that all, so if its great i will buy a used one, but i will not buy without reviews , also knowing that they added a 499 usd cable and then buy a new one without one does not suit me

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #10,714 of 23,673

Just to add another 2cents opinion. I once had plussound gold plated silver 4wires cable. To my surprise the stock cable from noir is that good! Yes it beats plussound in resolution and synergy match with my noir.

And thats to say GPS was an up-occ ! 26 awg and many many more other whistles & bells in the package.

So this is why I am so skeptical of the new silver premium cable.
I think the noir stock cable even if its an ofc it still matches the best with noir. It has something behind it as its really good and delivering a hell of a performance. It brings the Noir to a level of new technical horizons.

And my gps cable was around 600+ usd.
It also made my noir too bright but I really liked the bass.
Still stock cable offers tighter bass and smooth treble. It can get shrilling sometimes but I blame the recording for this.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #10,715 of 23,673
I can't say I'm interested in the Nio. Curious, yes. But I'm reviewing the U12t, U18 Tzar, and Tia Fourte at the moment (yes, my wallet is (I think literally) on fire)-- I can't see the Nio besting that bunch. I'm keeping one of the three sets. If the Nio came in as a next-gen flagship, I'd bite.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #10,716 of 23,673
I can't say I'm interested in the Nio. Curious, yes. But I'm reviewing the U12t, U18 Tzar, and Tia Fourte at the moment (yes, my wallet is (I think literally) on fire)-- I can't see the Nio besting that bunch. I'm keeping one of the three sets. If the Nio came in as a next-gen flagship, I'd bite.
Only thing I would caution against is necessarily using price to determine quality. Of course, nobody has heard the nio yet, so who knows how it will actually be.

Regardless, your plate is full, best of luck with the reviews and making your choice.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #10,717 of 23,673
Only thing I would caution against is necessarily using price to determine quality. Of course, nobody has heard the nio yet, so who knows how it will actually be.

Regardless, your plate is full, best of luck with the reviews and making your choice.
Right, and I would also add a perspective/scenario in which the Nio could very well best all three of those IEMs...ultimately this 100% depends on your preferences.

I have never listened to the Fourte, but I owned the Fourte Noir and found the treble much too peaky/sibilant. Otherwise an absolutely stunning IEM, but the treble was unacceptable for me, so much so that it was a deal-breaker and I sold them (and from what I have read, the Noir's treble is less polarizing than the Fourte's).

The U12 and U18 are obviously all-BA designs, and if one prefers DD for low frequencies (many do), you could easily envision scratching both the U12 and U18, despite them both being amazing IEMs (I own the U12 and love them for what they are, but they definitely don't come close to DD bass; I've never listened to the U18).

Again, all depends on personal preferences, but I don’t think the above scenario is all that far-fetched.
Fun hobby!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #10,718 of 23,673
Just to add another 2cents opinion. I once had plussound gold plated silver 4wires cable. To my surprise the stock cable from noir is that good! Yes it beats plussound in resolution and synergy match with my noir.

And thats to say GPS was an up-occ ! 26 awg and many many more other whistles & bells in the package.

So this is why I am so skeptical of the new silver premium cable.
I think the noir stock cable even if its an ofc it still matches the best with noir. It has something behind it as its really good and delivering a hell of a performance. It brings the Noir to a level of new technical horizons.

And my gps cable was around 600+ usd.
It also made my noir too bright but I really liked the bass.
Still stock cable offers tighter bass and smooth treble. It can get shrilling sometimes but I blame the recording for this.

yeah, expensive cables are not matching sometimes.

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #10,720 of 23,673
2 words for me: Open box if reviews are good.

Could care less about the cable being included. I'd flip it if I were getting the Nio now.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #10,721 of 23,673
one question to @64Audio . Looks like the new cable 2 pin connector has a flat surface to better fit universals. Would be possible to have an option to chose recessed connectors (maybe like current premium cables) to be more flexible with CIEMs?

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #10,723 of 23,673
Kinda baffling that 64 is releasing the Nio without samples sent to any of the reviewers first. Even 46Audio seemed caught off guard not knowing if they had the free cable deal. Super generic tuning description initially and no mention of a new apex module either, just very strange for a product launch. Maybe rushed and trying to beat EE Odin to market? Either way just sloppy and doesn't help they basically have no engagement on here to answer questions

@WayneWoondirts has one, as shown on his review of the silver cable. So, it shouldn’t be too long ‘til first impressions get posted here.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #10,724 of 23,673
@WayneWoondirts has one, as shown on his review of the silver cable. So, it shouldn’t be too long ‘til first impressions get posted here.
well lets see, hoped the offer for having the premium cable included will be for longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back