The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 16, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #10,516 of 23,651
In principle yes, but not at audio frequencies...

But yes, I replaced the default cable on my N8 quite soon. I just dislike those memory wires, and especially with a custom I simply don't need the added secured fit. Got a Linum SuperBax, which is just perfect for my needs, lightweight and thin, yet strong.
Correct for the most part. Still has a bit of effect starting 16k and up. A lot of effect upscaled signals on interconnects but headphones not so much.

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #10,517 of 23,651
I just only can say it has to be related to my wm1z Kmod and stock cable + stock foams.
It would be interesting to understand the effect in the sound by replacing just one element in the chain. What is exactly contributing to the changes in sound you’re hearing. Have you tried the stock foams with the 1960s ? or the stock cable with the symbio ear tips ?

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #10,518 of 23,651
It would be interesting to understand the effect in the sound by replacing just one element in the chain. What is exactly contributing to the changes in sound you’re hearing. Have you tried the stock foams with the 1960s ? or the stock cable with the symbio ear tips ?

Yes I tried stock foams with pw1960.
I previously had pw1960 with symbio with foams the hybrid.

I found bass was to big and slightly fatiguing.
When I switched back to stock cable bass got more controlled and tight.
Treble opened up like as the ceiling was 5feet now grown to 15feet high!
Yes it felt more balanced and even like things felt more accurate and as it should be...

Then I was like hmm and what if I put stock foams?
Well same thing timbrals tonality tge sound the nuances and textures got to a new more natural feel to them.

I could even pinpoint with super ease where the instrument where positioned but also the distance and all the atmosphere that surrounds them.
I could do it for each even if there is 15 of them at same time.

I feel like stock and stock foams bring the noir closer to there natural state like Vitaliy created them and designed it to sound this way!
They sounded more right lets says

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #10,519 of 23,651
Yes I tried stock foams with pw1960.
I previously had pw1960 with symbio with foams the hybrid.

I found bass was to big and slightly fatiguing.
When I switched back to stock cable bass got more controlled and tight.
Treble opened up like as the ceiling was 5feet now grown to 15feet high!
Yes it felt more balanced and even like things felt more accurate and as it should be...

Then I was like hmm and what if I put stock foams?
Well same thing timbrals tonality tge sound the nuances and textures got to a new more natural feel to them.

I could even pinpoint with super ease where the instrument where positioned but also the distance and all the atmosphere that surrounds them.
I could do it for each even if there is 15 of them at same time.

I feel like stock and stock foams bring the noir closer to there natural state like Vitaliy created them and designed it to sound this way!
They sounded more right lets says
It is what you like...your preferences. For me, I have yet to hear a stock cable that is as good as the PW1950’s, or the Horus, etc. but everyone is different. I have a Fourte and it is now sounding the best to me with the Sedna ear tips over the Symbio, comply, spinfit, etc.

What is nice about our posts though, is it gives us ideas on what to try and might have overlooked or forgotten about. Tks.

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #10,520 of 23,651
What is nice about our posts though, is it gives us ideas on what to try and might have overlooked or forgotten about. Tks.

Agree. I have bought a lot of ear tips looking for what will work best for my ears without hurting, based on recommendations here. I've found 2 brands that work, and I agree (so far) Sedna's are the best I've found for my ears. I have a few more coming in within a week.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #10,521 of 23,651
I have a noob question about the LID tech on the u12t. Does it actually work?

Reason I ask is because I'm noticing that there's a bit of bass roll-off and loss of impact when I use my Sony TA-ZH1ES dac/amp compared to my ZX507 walkman, which is something I've only experienced with lower impedance IEM's like the CA Solaris & Andromeda. I would've thought the LID tech would stop this from happening.

Do you have to use the stock cable for it to work? For reference, the OI on the TA-ZH1ES is approx 5 ohms and the walkman is approx 1 ohm (using the 4.4mm ports)

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #10,522 of 23,651
Agree. I have bought a lot of ear tips looking for what will work best for my ears without hurting, based on recommendations here. I've found 2 brands that work, and I agree (so far) Sedna's are the best I've found for my ears. I have a few more coming in within a week.

I found the Sedna to be the best sounding ones out there with my Noir, but for longer listening sessions my ears got sore with them (both the soft and the hard type). I then switch back to the good old trusty Acoustune, tradeoff a tiny bit of SQ for comfort. Sednas are perfectly fine for sessions under 1 hour - my canal size is somewhere between their M and ML so it's a bit finicky.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #10,523 of 23,651
I have a noob question about the LID tech on the u12t. Does it actually work?

Reason I ask is because I'm noticing that there's a bit of bass roll-off and loss of impact when I use my Sony TA-ZH1ES dac/amp compared to my ZX507 walkman, which is something I've only experienced with lower impedance IEM's like the CA Solaris & Andromeda. I would've thought the LID tech would stop this from happening.

Do you have to use the stock cable for it to work? For reference, the OI on the TA-ZH1ES is approx 5 ohms and the walkman is approx 1 ohm (using the 4.4mm ports)

Hmmm good question, yes LiD should balance all inaccurate impedances. You shouldn't experience this but I do know even if it has a lid tech it still getting affected by cable rolling device rolling ect ect
So I can think that this is how it sounds of your Ta!

Zx507 has a big and super deep sub bass even more then 1z!

See how zx507 vs 1z affects bass and if once more you feel same scenario I can then say its that Ta has less bass then....

Yea try stock cable can be an informative experiment for all of us! 🙂

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #10,525 of 23,651
Hmmm good question, yes LiD should balance all inaccurate impedances. You shouldn't experience this but I do know even if it has a lid tech it still getting affected by cable rolling device rolling ect ect
So I can think that this is how it sounds of your Ta!

Zx507 has a big and super deep sub bass even more then 1z!

See how zx507 vs 1z affects bass and if once more you feel same scenario I can then say its that Ta has less bass then....

Yea try stock cable can be an informative experiment for all of us! 🙂

I don’t believe it’s the sound signature of the TA, as it has huge (even bigger bass) than the walkmans with other headphones/IEM’s with a higher impedance. I’ll try with stock cable and report back :)

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #10,526 of 23,651
I don’t believe it’s the sound signature of the TA, as it has huge (even bigger bass) than the walkmans with other headphones/IEM’s with a higher impedance. I’ll try with stock cable and report back :)

Yes maybe ta do have bigger bass buttt see how it is 1z vs zx507 and if zx507 has more and deeper vs 1z then its not a perfect synergy for u12t+ Ta.

After all Ta is designed for headphones....

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #10,527 of 23,651
Yes maybe ta do have bigger bass buttt see how it is 1z vs zx507 and if zx507 has more and deeper vs 1z then its not a perfect synergy for u12t+ Ta.

After all Ta is designed for headphones....

The 1Z wins here without question. Better than the TA & ZX507 for sure :)

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #10,528 of 23,651
The 1Z wins here without question. Better than the TA & ZX507 for sure :)

Ok you know, discard everything and listen to 1z 🙃🙂🥰😇

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #10,530 of 23,651

Users who are viewing this thread

Back