The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 3, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #10,201 of 23,565
So far I’m using AET07, isolation was good
I was thinking more in the lines of getting custom eartips made by taking ear impressions, from Custom Art or ADV. Looking to get some insights.

As for standard eartips, I already have a range of them to try on - Sedna, Spiral Dots+, Symbio and Spinfit.

May 3, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #10,202 of 23,565
The A12t has officially become my sole Hi-Fi IEM. The sound is great, but what won me over was how much more comfortable customs are vs universals. I'm now keeping an eye out for my next potential custom IEM, so if anyone has any great recommendations, let me know! I'm aiming for something on the brighter side when compared to the A12t.

May 4, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #10,203 of 23,565
The A12t has officially become my sole Hi-Fi IEM. The sound is great, but what won me over was how much more comfortable customs are vs universals. I'm now keeping an eye out for my next potential custom IEM, so if anyone has any great recommendations, let me know! I'm aiming for something on the brighter side when compared to the A12t.
The VE Elysium is my personal favourite along with the A18s

May 4, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #10,204 of 23,565
To try something different, I just received a Questyle QP2R. It's very different than my AK70 Mk II. Keep in mind, I'm only a half dozen songs or so into ownership:
  • Bass is stronger and hits harder. I don't know yet if the bass is still nuanced, or simply stronger.
  • Mids, and especially vocals, are more forward.
  • Highs I'm a little concerned about. I'm worried the Questyle isn't providing the magical sweetness I have grown accustomed to from my Trio. Extension is there, but the highs seem a little brittle and may prove to be fatiguing. That might be a deal breaker, as you know the pinnacle of the spectrum is perhaps my favorite part of the Trio sound.
  • Sound stage might be a bit wider, and perhaps more organized, but I haven't really started listening for this yet.
Oddly, "Auberge" by Chris Rea sounded dry. "Another Brick in the Wall" sounded pretty good, though. My early-on impression (I'm still only eight songs in...) is the Questyle may be more technical and the AK70 may be more musical.

Onward...

May 5, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #10,205 of 23,565
With the Tia Trio, I have tried Symbio W, Epro Horn Shaped and the 64 Audio generic tips. Fit and seal is still the best with the 64 Audio generic tips for my ears.

May 5, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #10,206 of 23,565
I was thinking more in the lines of getting custom eartips made by taking ear impressions, from Custom Art or ADV. Looking to get some insights.

As for standard eartips, I already have a range of them to try on - Sedna, Spiral Dots+, Symbio and Spinfit.
Traditionally Custom Art don't make tips for iems that don't have a lip on the end to keep them on there when you pull them out of the ear. So that's Westone, 64Audio and Noble ot as well. One mod that I found that does work is to use the adapters that come with symbios or spinfit and ask to have the hole the same size as the comply t400 (I think). Worked for me with a westone um1 as an experiement but you obviously undertake this at your own risk etc etc.

May 5, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #10,207 of 23,565
Traditionally Custom Art don't make tips for iems that don't have a lip on the end to keep them on there when you pull them out of the ear. So that's Westone, 64Audio and Noble ot as well. One mod that I found that does work is to use the adapters that come with symbios or spinfit and ask to have the hole the same size as the comply t400 (I think). Worked for me with a westone um1 as an experiement but you obviously undertake this at your own risk etc etc.
I have currently parked the idea of having custom eartips made. Have ordered a wide variety of tips to see which one is suitable for me. Thanks!

May 6, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #10,208 of 23,565
With the Tia Trio, I have tried Symbio W, Epro Horn Shaped and the 64 Audio generic tips. Fit and seal is still the best with the 64 Audio generic tips for my ears.
Do the Symbio W change any aspect of the Trio’s sound?

May 6, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #10,210 of 23,565
Try removing the foam and using them as a normal silicone tip. I use them on my fourte like that. They smooth things out.

May 6, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #10,211 of 23,565
Hey all,

Just wanted to show off something that I had made. I wasn't super happy with the stock 64audio case. Don't get me wrong - it was quite utilitarian, and I loved how it integrated all the accessories. It was just difficult placing the IEMs back in every time, especially with the memory wire. (Maybe I need to upgrade to another cable!)

Anyways, this is a custom leather case. It's got a spacer in the middle so that I can just drop the individual buds in and place the cord on top. The spacer is a key feature because these IEMs are aluminum - they have a tendency to chip when smacked against one another which isn't pretty. Additionally, the spacer acts as a support piece for the case, so it's quite rigid. It's not as tough as the 64audio case, obviously, but it's more than ample for daily use. There is a magnetic snap enclosure and I had custom stamping done as well.

Overall, I just wanted something that was more stylish and convenient than the stock case, and I think it came out as a great alternative. It was certainly not cheap, but man, it's hard to top the feel, aesthetic, and smell of good leather. And if you're spending this much on IEMs, I don't think it hurts to drop a little more on a nice case.

Attachments

• IMG_9193.JPG
    IMG_9193.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6718.JPG
    IMG_6718.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9522.JPG
    IMG_9522.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8979.JPG
    IMG_8979.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #10,212 of 23,565
I have currently parked the idea of having custom eartips made. Have ordered a wide variety of tips to see which one is suitable for me. Thanks!
The reason for this, if anyone is wondering, is the high cost associated with ear impressions and mould build in my city. I contacted two audiologist chains suggested by Custom Art, and both of them quoted fees in excess of 100€. Combined them with the cost of eartips themselves, the total cost runs to more than 225€.

For <50€ I was able to order a different assortment of tips (Sedna, Spiral Dot++, SpinFit & Symbio).

Personally that high cost of ear impressions is justified only when I would make a custom-fit IEM, and not tips.

May 6, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #10,213 of 23,565
I haven't notice Symbios changing the sound for me on the u12t. That's with Symbio N's in SS. Still too big for my earlets though.

May 6, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #10,214 of 23,565

Best result is with stock 64a silicone tip for me the small one, I now prefer using the comply foam cut in half to unmuffle the sound and make it more clear and straight.

Symbio ear tip are not really good for treble, they made my trio very bright but thats for me, I know many folks love symbio they are good very sturdy heavy duty eartips but I find them to stiff and uncomfortable for my ear canals.

Final type E is smoothing things out a lot but lose the detail that the custom ear tips can bring.

I ordered some new symbio foam ear tips waiting for the things to arrive will see how they do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back