The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #10,157 of 23,556
Apex works. Owning 64 Audio iems is enough of a testament to that.

Also my second u12t with the newly arrived Leo II.
IMG_20200426_163612.jpg

Waiting to update my music collection before I try the Paw 6K.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #10,159 of 23,556
How is the sound pairing with Leo ii? Thanks
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about that.

My first u12t, I went between a Forza Claire hybrid and a PW Audio Saladin. The former had a fair bit of focus on the mid-bass and made it too boomy for my liking.

I'm also going from M11 Pro to a Paw 6000, so might require some a/b

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #10,160 of 23,556
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about that.

My first u12t, I went between a Forza Claire hybrid and a PW Audio Saladin. The former had a fair bit of focus on the mid-bass and made it too boomy for my liking.

I'm also going from M11 Pro to a Paw 6000, so might require some a/b
Thanks! Because I’m thinking Leo ii or Cleopatra for my u12t as well. Not sure about Leo ii will too bright with u12t or not

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #10,161 of 23,556
Thanks! Because I’m thinking Leo ii or Cleopatra for my u12t as well. Not sure about Leo ii will too bright with u12t or not
I've only heard the Cleo off the Wraith so my experience is limited. It sounds kinda similar to the PW Single Crystal Silver based off of memory, a somewhat warm sounding silver, but for double the price.

The Leo II/ U12t combo off the Paw 6K is extremely good, I don't find it too bright at all. The biggest improvement I find is in the bass and treble compared to say the Pw Audio Saladin.

Curious what you find bright though?

Apr 27, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #10,162 of 23,556
I've only heard the Cleo off the Wraith so my experience is limited. It sounds kinda similar to the PW Single Crystal Silver based off of memory, a somewhat warm sounding silver, but for double the price.

The Leo II/ U12t combo off the Paw 6K is extremely good, I don't find it too bright at all. The biggest improvement I find is in the bass and treble compared to say the Pw Audio Saladin.

Curious what you find bright though?
Thanks kuro! Seem like Leo ii still the best pairing with u12t. I haven’t try before Leo ii, just my friend told me Leo ii sound abit bright for him.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #10,163 of 23,556
Thanks kuro! Seem like Leo ii still the best pairing with u12t. I haven’t try before Leo ii, just my friend told me Leo ii sound abit bright for him.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! An year ago I had the Zeus paired with the Leo II and that was way too bright for me at times. The u12t isn't overly bright so it shouldn't have that affect

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #10,164 of 23,556
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! An year ago I had the Zeus paired with the Leo II and that was way too bright for me at times. The u12t isn't overly bright so it shouldn't have that affect
I’m not sure how similar the u12t is to the Trio, but I tried the Leo II with the Trio, and although it brought out a lot of detail, I found the pairing to be a little on the bright side. I found that it seemed to reduce the bass and increase the top end. But I guess it depends on what your preferred sound is as to whether you like that or not.

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #10,165 of 23,556
I’m not sure how similar the u12t is to the Trio, but I tried the Leo II with the Trio, and although it brought out a lot of detail, I found the pairing to be a little on the bright side. I found that it seemed to reduce the bass and increase the top end. But I guess it depends on what your preferred sound is as to whether you like that or not.
As a general rule of thumb for me hybrids seem to work with copper cables exclusively.

I can see why the Leo II + Trio pairing might end up being bright since they've pushed the Tia driver much further than on the u12t.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #10,168 of 23,556
Quick question - Any cables around 100-ish that reduce (or eliminate) microphonics? I'm using the custom IEM variant if that makes a difference.
I LOVE the way the A12t sound, but when I'm walking outside I feel like the added microphonics (wind or just rubbing onto my clothes) just leaves me with 40% of the original experience, so I'm curious how you dudes handle that :) .

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #10,169 of 23,556
Quick question - Any cables around 100-ish that reduce (or eliminate) microphonics? I'm using the custom IEM variant if that makes a difference.
I LOVE the way the A12t sound, but when I'm walking outside I feel like the added microphonics (wind or just rubbing onto my clothes) just leaves me with 40% of the original experience, so I'm curious how you dudes handle that :) .

My personal pick is the Forza Audio Works. I use the hybrid with the U12t so should work well with the A12t. It’s a very clean yet smooth cable. If you wanter a little more warmth / body the all copper variant might be ideal. Though from everything I’ve read the custom version is a shade darker so the hybrid should have great synergy.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #10,170 of 23,556
My personal pick is the Forza Audio Works. I use the hybrid with the U12t so should work well with the A12t. It’s a very clean yet smooth cable. If you wanter a little more warmth / body the all copper variant might be ideal. Though from everything I’ve read the custom version is a shade darker so the hybrid should have great synergy.

Looks good. I have a few questions though.
First and foremost, how do you compare microphonics with the stock cable? I'm mostly really into this aspect as I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the sonical difference a better cable could make.
Do you know which of the L-shaped 3.5mm jacks should be best? Or should they all kind of be on par with one another?
Did you find any differences in sound compared to the stock cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back