The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #9,811 of 23,720
With the cable on as well? I’ve tried but I always have to bend the cable. If you could please share a picture of them in the case it would probably help.

I can see it being a problem if you use non flush tips.

A0311D19-E36F-479C-A34C-380C77B654BB.jpeg

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #9,813 of 23,720
Hi all,
I have a question about the serial number of 64audio earphones.
As I know the serial number of u18t is UX XXXXX and Tia Fourte is TX XXXX, I see some serial numbers of u18t/tia fourte sold by Chinese local distributors seem starting with D XXXXX or number eg. 55 XXXXX. Because those distributors are authorised by 64 audio so I dont think they are selling fake items. Are those items b-stock or refurbished actually? Thanks

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #9,814 of 23,720
Always close slowly...

Wish the notch for the wire pass through was angled differently to accommodate better.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,815 of 23,720
Always close slowly...

Wish the notch for the wire pass through was angled differently to accommodate better.

Me too. It is a royal pain sometimes to get Trio in the case unless I hit it perfectly the first time. The A12t goes in easily since it does not have a tip on it and it is better shape for the case in my opinion.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #9,816 of 23,720
A slight off-topic: I know that some amount of EQ will eventually degrade the audio quality and I am fortunate to really love the sound signature of the A12t, but what would you guys say about messing with the L/R balance? I hear slightly less with my left ear (probably due to head injury as a child, or cause I have a wisdom tooth in the bothers), so I really appreciate sliding the L/R balance like 5% to the left. To my ears it kind of sounds like I lose some minor impact by doing that, but maybe its my skewed perception. What do you think? Will messing with L/R balance affect SQ in any way? Particularly when it comes to 64 Audio IEMs? I'm mainly using a Note9 for source.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #9,817 of 23,720
A slight off-topic: I know that some amount of EQ will eventually degrade the audio quality and I am fortunate to really love the sound signature of the A12t, but what would you guys say about messing with the L/R balance? I hear slightly less with my left ear (probably due to head injury as a child, or cause I have a wisdom tooth in the bothers), so I really appreciate sliding the L/R balance like 5% to the left. To my ears it kind of sounds like I lose some minor impact by doing that, but maybe its my skewed perception. What do you think? Will messing with L/R balance affect SQ in any way? Particularly when it comes to 64 Audio IEMs? I'm mainly using a Note9 for source.
It shouldn’t change the FR or SQ in any way or form. You’re just changing the volume level on one side

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #9,818 of 23,720
It shouldn’t change the FR or SQ in any way or form. You’re just changing the volume level on one side

Yeah it's what I was also thinking. Good to have a second opinion to put me into ease tho, I DONT want to degrade the blissful sound in any way if possible :L3000:
It's weird tho that I can definitely feel a shift in the sound presentation. For once of course the stage feels fuller since a lot of the stuff that was sitting somewhat front-ish/middle (concerning the left half) is now to the side, but I feel I lose a bit of that critical detail and bass impact that I felt before, the sound feels less "concentrated". I guess it makes sense, since I'm shifting energy from the better ear to one that inherently lacks detail. Anyways, always good to know I'm not doing some stupid change to the sound and thus wasting on a 2k worth of earphones.

By the way it's interesting to note that I can't make the difference in sound input on a normal day, and even low-quality earphones don't reveal it much, if any. It is only once I started using IEMs that have great separation and soundstage that I realized it's there.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #9,819 of 23,720
Yeah it's what I was also thinking. Good to have a second opinion to put me into ease tho, I DONT want to degrade the blissful sound in any way if possible :L3000:
It's weird tho that I can definitely feel a shift in the sound presentation. For once of course the stage feels fuller since a lot of the stuff that was sitting somewhat front-ish/middle (concerning the left half) is now to the side, but I feel I lose a bit of that critical detail and bass impact that I felt before, the sound feels less "concentrated". I guess it makes sense, since I'm shifting energy from the better ear to one that inherently lacks detail. Anyways, always good to know I'm not doing some stupid change to the sound and thus wasting on a 2k worth of earphones.

By the way it's interesting to note that I can't make the difference in sound input on a normal day, and even low-quality earphones don't reveal it much, if any. It is only once I started using IEMs that have great separation and soundstage that I realized it's there.
This will sound weird but do you always hear the imbalance or only in specific situations?

for example when I’m sitting down I get a perfect center image but when I walk outside I get a slightly tilted image towards the left. To this day I haven’t figured out what causes it

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #9,820 of 23,720
This will sound weird but do you always hear the imbalance or only in specific situations?

for example when I’m sitting down I get a perfect center image but when I walk outside I get a slightly tilted image towards the left. To this day I haven’t figured out what causes it

I can't give you a 100% answer, but I do recall debating over if I'm making this up a few times because the sound felt perfectly center. Then there are times where I'm like **** this my right side of the head is thumping with bass and the left one feels like it only hears stuff beyond bass. So you might have a point there, I'll try and observe that and be back with more info.

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #9,821 of 23,720
I can't give you a 100% answer, but I do recall debating over if I'm making this up a few times because the sound felt perfectly center. Then there are times where I'm like **** this my right side of the head is thumping with bass and the left one feels like it only hears stuff beyond bass. So you might have a point there, I'll try and observe that and be back with more info.
Yeah I also tend to have moments where everything is perfect center and others when I can hear a clear tilt - mostly in vocals for me, bass feels pretty center most of the tome

it’s also related to my mood oddly enough, if I’m out walking and I’m angry or upset or whatever the tilt becomes bigger. So weird, but I think both you and I might be causing this ourselves as opposed to an inherent hearing imbalance

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #9,822 of 23,720
So weird, but I think both you and I might be causing this ourselves as opposed to an inherent hearing imbalance
That will be the best case scenario, as I cannot correct hearing loss but posture/attitude/diet, sure :) everything for ground shaking bass and big sound stage
One thing it might also be causing this is hearing fatigue to certain frequencies, like I for sure know when my ears get "tired" of listening I notice loss in detail, maybe it's a brain thing, I don't know, but it's definitely there.

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #9,823 of 23,720
I feel mood can affect the quality of sound more than cable rolling. That’s why new equipment sounds so much better for a few hours at least.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #9,824 of 23,720

Could it be the seal is coming a bit loose on one side when you're moving? Maybe the different shape of your ears makes one side more likely to come loose than the other.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #9,825 of 23,720
Could it be the seal is coming a bit loose on one side when you're moving? Maybe the different shape of your ears makes one side more likely to come loose than the other.
I wouldn’t say so as I experience it with customs as well, ones that fit properly - shouldn’t be happening there if it were a case of poor fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back