The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #9,796 of 23,720
Wow, been awhile since I've been in this thread. My friend just got a U12t, Z1R, and Voyager 14 and has mentioned that airiness and treble extension on the U12t is not quite an the level of the Voyager. Out of curiosity, how does the A18S treble compare in terms of airiness and extension to the U12t?

This was something that I noticed with my U10 even with impedance adapter that I was looking for more extension

Not that this has anything to do with your actual question, but I will say tia is real. I have only listened to the U12t once and then only briefly, but I was wowed by its treble more than its bass. I've since bought a Trio and, again, I am wowed by its treble. I don't have any good adjectives for it, so I use the worn-out standards: airy, shimmery, extended. For myself, I also use "sweet" because there is so much detail there but it's never hot or harsh.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #9,797 of 23,720
Not that this has anything to do with your actual question, but I will say tia is real. I have only listened to the U12t once and then only briefly, but I was wowed by its treble more than its bass. I've since bought a Trio and, again, I am wowed by its treble. I don't have any good adjectives for it, so I use the worn-out standards: airy, shimmery, extended. For myself, I also use "sweet" because there is so much detail there but it's never hot or harsh.
I agree with you here. I have the trio and the treble is like nothing I have heard before. Listening to anything else sounds... Muffled in comparison. Or just lacking that extra definition and edge/sparkle. Even the ier z1r doesn't quite have the same sparkle and it has excellent treble reproduction.

It's almost like going from standard definition to high definition.

It can at times be a little much, though never harsh. But it's quite nice overall and definitely different than anything else I have heard.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #9,798 of 23,720
I haven’t managed to find the right eartips for my trio. Fit is an issue, 64 audio stock foamies are not comfortable at all, while stock silicone is okay but couldn’t get the right seal. I’ve tried final audio e, symbios, tenmak and spinfits, but to no avail. Contemplating to sell my trio because of this.

I had a similar fit issue. Ordered JVC Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Jp and I finally got a good seal. Trio is really great.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #9,799 of 23,720
I had a similar fit issue. Ordered JVC Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Jp and I finally got a good seal. Trio is really great.

Yep I’ve tried the ++ but doesn’t work for me. But I do agree that when you get the seal right (perhaps 1 out of 10 occasions for me), Trio sounds really good.

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #9,800 of 23,720
I haven’t managed to find the right eartips for my trio. Fit is an issue, 64 audio stock foamies are not comfortable at all, while stock silicone is okay but couldn’t get the right seal. I’ve tried final audio e, symbios, tenmak and spinfits, but to no avail. Contemplating to sell my trio because of this.

Azla Sednas are my go to for all universals at this point. I have them on my Trios and I get almost perfect seal. Buy your normal Spiral dot size and one size up and one size down. I bet that will solve your problem

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #9,801 of 23,720
My only experience with 64a is custom. but a few good tips are spinfit double flange and the Noble white gummy foam. they worked on almost every other IEM I had fit problems.

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #9,802 of 23,720
Yep I’ve tried the ++ but doesn’t work for me. But I do agree that when you get the seal right (perhaps 1 out of 10 occasions for me), Trio sounds really good.

I don’t know why you can’t get the seal right but in my case the most important reasons were 1) the wrong size of the ear tips until I’ve settled with the Largest size, even though the insertion is not deep into the ear canal and 2) adjusted the stock cable to do less pressure around the ears as I discovered that this was pulling the Trio’s out of the ear, so losing the seal.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #9,803 of 23,720
I don’t know why you can’t get the seal right but in my case the most important reasons were 1) the wrong size of the ear tips until I’ve settled with the Largest size, even though the insertion is not deep into the ear canal and 2) adjusted the stock cable to do less pressure around the ears as I discovered that this was pulling the Trio’s out of the ear, so losing the seal.

It also puzzles me as this is the only IEM that behaves like this in terms of fit and yes I have tried different sizes as well.

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #9,804 of 23,720
Less than a week with my new A18t IEMs and wondering if people can share thoughts on best practices for care of the IEMs. Specifically, are most using the case they came in along with the desiccant that is in there? I did also pick up the headphone vac jr from Fir Audio.
Thanks

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #9,805 of 23,720
Less than a week with my new A18t IEMs and wondering if people can share thoughts on best practices for care of the IEMs. Specifically, are most using the case they came in along with the desiccant that is in there? I did also pick up the headphone vac jr from Fir Audio.
Thanks

I use the case that came with my A12t. In fact, I like the case so much I'm thinking of buying more for my other IEMs. For cleaning, I use a microfiber cloth for the shell and the stock brush/tip thing to clean out the stems.

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #9,806 of 23,720
I use the case that came with my A12t. In fact, I like the case so much I'm thinking of buying more for my other IEMs. For cleaning, I use a microfiber cloth for the shell and the stock brush/tip thing to clean out the stems.

Do you store them in the stock case with both the cable connected and the eartips on them? I find a bit hard to store the Trio in the stock case in that way.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #9,807 of 23,720
Do you store them in the stock case with both the cable connected and the eartips on them? I find a bit hard to store the Trio in the stock case in that way.

Ah well mine are custom so have no ear tips.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #9,808 of 23,720

I easily fit my Tia Trio in the case with the stock silicone tips on it.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #9,809 of 23,720
It also puzzles me as this is the only IEM that behaves like this in terms of fit and yes I have tried different sizes as well.

In my case, I understood that the cable was contributing to the bad fit and seal. I had to adjust the bending of the cable around my ear to release the pressure the cable was doing that was pulling the ear tips out after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back