The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 16, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #9,556 of 23,544
How come no one liked my super tiger ears Tia Noire feed back lol I hyped it so good come on guys llooll

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #9,557 of 23,544
How come no one liked my super tiger ears Tia Noire feed back lol I hyped it so good come on guys llooll

Cause FOTM hype is allowed only on brand new and upcoming IEMs, nothing dated. Didn't you get the memo? :D

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #9,558 of 23,544
since i'm not on the hype-rush train with you guys, time for some speculation...

if the a18s actually sounds like we hope it does, here's what i would want...

- moar bass
- even better positioning (the erlky reset my expectations on this.)
- even more detail (ditto)
- fourte-like staging
- smoother vocals (elysium...but let's face it, bas can't do dd mids...)
I’m personally hoping for something somewhat different actually (and I know how bad it sounds that I have no idea what something that I’ve spent roughly 3000$ on sounds like) but essentially -

- I want a somewhat more revealing and precise VE8. I found it to be somewhat too smooth personally, and while it was warm and gooey, keeping the warmth while being a little sharper around the edges would be awesome

Also, since this is going to be the closest I get to a dark IEM, I’m kinda counting on it to have a super fine treble execution without that typical treble-forwardness that makes artists like Eminem sound overly aggressive and treble hot

Honestly though, as it’s often been described as an A12t on steroids, I’m quite happy taking the risk and as far as risks are concerned, 64 is probably the safest company out there to take a blind leap of faith on (along with VE)

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #9,559 of 23,544
I’m personally hoping for something somewhat different actually (and I know how bad it sounds that I have no idea what something that I’ve spent roughly 3000$ on sounds like) but essentially -

- I want a somewhat more revealing and precise VE8. I found it to be somewhat too smooth personally, and while it was warm and gooey, keeping the warmth while being a little sharper around the edges would be awesome

Also, since this is going to be the closest I get to a dark IEM, I’m kinda counting on it to have a super fine treble execution without that typical treble-forwardness that makes artists like Eminem sound overly aggressive and treble hot

Honestly though, as it’s often been described as an A12t on steroids, I’m quite happy taking the risk and as far as risks are concerned, 64 is probably the safest company out there to take a blind leap of faith on (along with VE)

64audio is definitely a company I have faith blind buying (even though I said I never would again) something such as an "A18s" from considering how good the A18t is. Even though it's a different IEM almost completely as far as the internals are, I'm sure it'll meet my expectations.

Now here's to hoping it's significantly different from my M5 and A18t! Lol.

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #9,560 of 23,544
I have thought of buying the 64 Audio N8 blind as I like what I have read about it. The only other IEM I bought blind was the JH Audio Angie II, which I loved for years. The rest were after demos. Still thinking on the N8 as I want to ensure myself that it is not too much like my Legend X or Tia Trio.

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #9,561 of 23,544
I have thought of buying the 64 Audio N8 blind as I like what I have read about it. The only other IEM I bought blind was the JH Audio Angie II, which I loved for years. The rest were after demos. Still thinking on the N8 as I want to ensure myself that it is not too much like my Legend X or Tia Trio.
I still need to get some more listening time in but I'll be sharing impressions soon!

So far I am enjoying it, it's very very different from the Legend X - it has that same fun factor in the lows, without drawing as much attention to them

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #9,562 of 23,544

sounds like the erlky.

64a makes some fine, fine stuff. no doubt about it.

looking forward to hearing the s for myself, but it'll take a lot to knock the elysium down from first position on my wtb list. plus, i still own and love my a18t.

however, the fact they have my impressions on file, offer a nice discount for return buyers, and are located in the us do make things a little interesting.

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #9,563 of 23,544
I still need to get some more listening time in but I'll be sharing impressions soon!

So far I am enjoying it, it's very very different from the Legend X - it has that same fun factor in the lows, without drawing as much attention to them
I am far from an expert on this @mwhals but one thing came to mind from your post...it looks like many of your IEMs are universal, and with that in mind + your comment on the N8, I was reminded of our good friend the yet-to-be confirmed K9, which I heard could be a universal version of the N8. Might be worth waiting a bit on that?

also @mvvRAZ looking forward to your N8 impressions!

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #9,564 of 23,544
I am far from an expert on this @mwhals but one thing came to mind from your post...it looks like many of your IEMs are universal, and with that in mind + your comment on the N8, I was reminded of our good friend the yet-to-be confirmed K9, which I heard could be a universal version of the N8. Might be worth waiting a bit on that?

also @mvvRAZ looking forward to your N8 impressions!

I wouldn't call 3 CIEMs and 2 universals as me having many of my IEMs as universals. I updated my signature to make it obvious. The only reason I have two universals is that the Tia Trio isn't available as a custom.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #9,565 of 23,544
I wouldn't call 3 CIEMs and 2 universals as me having many of my IEMs as universals. I updated my signature to make it obvious. The only reason I have two universals is that the Tia Trio isn't available as a custom.
got it thank you - mis-interpreted your sig

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #9,566 of 23,544
sounds like the erlky.

64a makes some fine, fine stuff. no doubt about it.

looking forward to hearing the s for myself, but it'll take a lot to knock the elysium down from first position on my wtb list. plus, i still own and love my a18t.

however, the fact they have my impressions on file, offer a nice discount for return buyers, and are located in the us do make things a little interesting.
I keep putting off talking to VE about another Erl demo...

My trouble with the Erl above all else is just how poor of a fit I got with it. I could barely keep it in my ears even sitting down

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #9,567 of 23,544

Thanks. I have read one review, but like to hear more impressions to make decisions if I have not heard for myself.

Mar 16, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #9,568 of 23,544
Cause FOTM hype is allowed only on brand new and upcoming IEMs, nothing dated. Didn't you get the memo? :D

I will be watching on you guys run around in circles around the a18s while having my Tia Noire and enjoying some music hehe

So let the hype escalate!

Mar 16, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #9,569 of 23,544
I keep putting off talking to VE about another Erl demo...

My trouble with the Erl above all else is just how poor of a fit I got with it. I could barely keep it in my ears even sitting down

that’s a dealbreaker, for sure.

I know others have had issues with fit as well.

I’m just thankful I can hear these the way they are intended to sound...they are amazing.

Mar 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #9,570 of 23,544
Agreed, the Erlkonig is another level. The price terrifies me though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back