The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 9, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #8,928 of 23,533
The lower the number, the less the bass, so FIR module N13 would be the least bass.

Also, these numbers represent approximately the amount of noise isolation in dB. For example, M15 is -15dB of noise isolation, M20 is -20dB of noise isolation. Less noise isolation, less seal, and less bass impact. And the other way around with more noise isolation.

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #8,929 of 23,533
Also, these numbers represent approximately the amount of noise isolation in dB. For example, M15 is -15dB of noise isolation, M20 is -20dB of noise isolation. Less noise isolation, less seal, and less bass impact. And the other way around with more noise isolation.
Thank you sir, do you know where they would stock the N13 only. Just looking for that because of least bass

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #8,930 of 23,533
Thank you sir, do you know where they would stock the N13 only. Just looking for that because of least bass

You will have to ask the manufacturer (FIR Audio) about that. I believe these are sold in sets of 3 only.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #8,931 of 23,533
How much better is the U18t than the U12t in terms of the strengths of the U12t?

I’m listening to Vikingur Olafsson’s “For Johann” off of that amazing Bach rework album and I’m again floored by how perfect the piano sounds with the airy echos and clicking clack of the mechanicals and little sounds in the room.., It’s just the best I’ve ever heard this piece, proclaiming in my head that I’ve hit the end of the road and will have to be satisfied to explore lower price iems for my work set...
Then the audio”phool” in me thinks... could it be even better with the U18t?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #8,932 of 23,533
How much better is the U18t than the U12t in terms of the strengths of the U12t?

I’m listening to Vikingur Olafsson’s “For Johann” off of that amazing Bach rework album and I’m again floored by how perfect the piano sounds with the airy echos and clicking clack of the mechanicals and little sounds in the room.., It’s just the best I’ve ever heard this piece, proclaiming in my head that I’ve hit the end of the road and will have to be satisfied to explore lower price iems for my work set...
Then the audio”phool” in me thinks... could it be even better with the U18t?

rather different audio experience, u18t is more immediate, whereas u12t feels as though you are a couple of rows back. I like both but preferred u12t for post rock, modern classical and ambient, while the 18t for something that needs a “denser“ presentation, ymmv.

even within the same genre, sigur ros sounds sublime on the U12t, but Mogwai sounds more emotive via the U18t, whereas U12t’s slightly shelved down mids made for a more sedate, less full on experience.

we have similar taste in music, saw Richter 3 times now, also saw Hauschka in Toronto, now looking forward to seeing AWVFTS this april!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #8,933 of 23,533
Thinking of getting a u12t. What's the bass like and are there any qc problems with them before I pull the trigger!

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #8,935 of 23,533
Thinking of getting a u12t. What's the bass like and are there any qc problems with them before I pull the trigger!

I think the bass is quite good with some sub bass rumble. I personally like it best with the M15 module rather than the M20. I think the bass is too much personally with the M20, while the M15 is perfect for me with better details and air. I am not aware of any QC problems, but they have a 1 year warranty.

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #8,936 of 23,533
rather different audio experience, u18t is more immediate, whereas u12t feels as though you are a couple of rows back. I like both but preferred u12t for post rock, modern classical and ambient, while the 18t for something that needs a “denser“ presentation, ymmv.

even within the same genre, sigur ros sounds sublime on the U12t, but Mogwai sounds more emotive via the U18t, whereas U12t’s slightly shelved down mids made for a more sedate, less full on experience.

we have similar taste in music, saw Richter 3 times now, also saw Hauschka in Toronto, now looking forward to seeing AWVFTS this april!.

Thanks a lot. I’m now at ease with these being “it” for me.
We do indeed have very matching tastes in music do this is perfect. I envy your seeing/hearing such great performances

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #8,937 of 23,533

Same feeling here.. Bass is very good. I just came from the Legend X and I’m not really missing the bass overall. It’s not quite the same quality but never is too much like it can be

how far do you guys attached the final e tips? til the end of the nozzle? or a little bit of clearance
?

I’m using Spiral Dots ++ and had been giving some extra clearance but discovered that that made the image small and more distant. It seems to sound better with the bore closer to the end of the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back