The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #8,011 of 23,578
I really like this. Seems to protect the earpieces well

Yeah, you can keep the two earpieces separate, which is particularly nice for IEMs that scratch easily (Campfire, Noble, Sony Z1R, etc.), and it also has a small pouch on top for a silica gel packet.

Van Nuys also should have some interesting options, though I'm not as familiar with their product lineup.

Pelican cases are the way to go if you want pure crush resistance though. (But their products are more generalized and aren't specifically for IEMs or anything.)

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #8,012 of 23,578
Thanks. That makes me feel better.

I actually just ordered my 18ts. Very excited to get them! The only thing I’m bummed about is that when you order from Japan there is no option to pay for a rush order.

Here’s my mockup:

On that rush order thing, they do that to help save your wallet a bit :p

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #8,014 of 23,578
What do you typically use to store / travel with your 64A IEMs? The carry case they come with don’t tend to pad the earpieces, and I also can’t fit them in with aftermarket cables (and would prefer not to continuously plug the cable in and out).

Any recommendations on travel cases / pouches that pad the earpieces from knocks (and from each other) and can fit them with cables attached?
I am awaiting replies for this as well. So far the best alternative I found is the pelican micro case but there HAS to be a better alternative for people with aftermarket cables and IEMS.

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #8,015 of 23,578
The Campfire Audio mesh IEM case is great for everyday use without needing to haul a bid around. Each earpiece has its own little pocket so they avoid scratching each other while the whole bag is very slightly padded. I think it’s great but unfortunately I can’t get them here in the UK

Sep 29, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #8,016 of 23,578
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #8,017 of 23,578
I was wondering if someone could give advice on a choice between the u12t and the tia trio.
I’ve been making my way through the EmpireEars line and enjoyed aspects of the Phantom and Bravado so I sold them to hopefully get something of both in the Legend X but that didn’t work out.
I listen mostly to modern classical crossover type stuff like Max Richter, Olafur Arnold’s, Johann Johannsson and moving a little to the Bjork, Samaris side of things.

I was pretty set on the U12t as my next exploration but wondered about the Tia Trio. Is the trio more the direction of the Legend X or is the warmth more towards the Phantoms? I certainly don’t want a similar sound to the LX. They are great with rock and hip hop but that’s not what I listen to.

Thanks

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #8,018 of 23,578
I was wondering if someone could give advice on a choice between the u12t and the tia trio.
I’ve been making my way through the EmpireEars line and enjoyed aspects of the Phantom and Bravado so I sold them to hopefully get something of both in the Legend X but that didn’t work out.
I listen mostly to modern classical crossover type stuff like Max Richter, Olafur Arnold’s, Johann Johannsson and moving a little to the Bjork, Samaris side of things.

I was pretty set on the U12t as my next exploration but wondered about the Tia Trio. Is the trio more the direction of the Legend X or is the warmth more towards the Phantoms? I certainly don’t want a similar sound to the LX. They are great with rock and hip hop but that’s not what I listen to.

Thanks
What did you like in the Bravado? I only heard it at a canjam but if I remember right it doesn’t really perform anything above the bass region haha

Of the ones listed I would personally pick either the phantom or the U12t. They both scale really well with recording quality, and in the case of classical usually it is spot on. The trio is a wonderful IEM but I feel like it wouldn’t sound as good with classical as the 12t

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #8,019 of 23,578
I had the Phantoms first and had always wanted to try the Bravados so I bought them when a friend decided to finally sell them. I really liked the bass. The classical crossover stuff has a lot of the elements of electronic music sometimes including deep bass and I really enjoyed the extra impact over the Phantoms’ bass. The rest of the Bravado was kind of thin sounding but pretty amazing for only one BA, and overall I thought they were relatively balanced. The Phantoms weren’t perfect and I thought maybe the LX would “fix” what was missing in the Bravado but I feel like they just turned the Bravado up to “11.” It can be quite good but is very inconsistent and even within an album or even a track I can go from enjoyment to annoyance at the bass performance.

Thanks for the input. I think I’ll keep on the U12t track.

That said, if anyone is looking for an LX and has a U12t they no longer want let me know.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #8,020 of 23,578

Thanks

The Trio is very airy and light-sounding with sweeter vocals, as well as an overall more relaxed timbre. But, despite its lightness, it also has a guttural bass response that'll suffice more dynamic genres of music too. Overall, I'd call it a slightly mid-forward piece with a balance between wetness and transparency. From memory, the U12t is denser-sounding, dynamic and full, but with a similar brand of clarity, crispness and air. Tonal and dynamic differences aside, however, the U12t doesn't quite have that ultra-pristine quality that I've found on the Trio and Fourte. There's a floaty-ness to the latter two's notes that simply comes across ethereal, effortless and transparent without sacrificing note solidity or weight. If you want a more pristine, theatre-like presentation with a more graceful touch, the Trio gets my pick. But, the U12t is more ideal if you want a livelier, slightly more in-your-face timbre.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #8,021 of 23,578
Wow... that description of the trio really intrigues me. The thing I liked about the Phantoms was the accurate timbre, particularly of instruments like cellos. As a former cello player there’s a timbre I listen for and it’s just not in the LX. You make it sound like I might get that in the trio.
Hmm...

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #8,022 of 23,578
Wow... that description of the trio really intrigues me. The thing I liked about the Phantoms was the accurate timbre, particularly of instruments like cellos. As a former cello player there’s a timbre I listen for and it’s just not in the LX. You make it sound like I might get that in the trio.
Hmm...

Thanks!

Compared to the Phantom, you'll definitely find the Trio less meaty and hefty. But, it has a similar sense of naturalness to it with no obvious colourations, resulting in a coherent and linear - probably more so than the Phantom's - frequency response.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #8,024 of 23,578
I'm looking at getting a pair of A12t customs made next time they go on sale (probably Black Friday). I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about design? The website is good, but I think lots of them will look quite different in real life.

I'm thinking one of:
A) Charcoal shells with brushed aluminium faceplates
B) Charcoal shells with two different wood face plates
C) Red shell on right, blue shell on left, brushed aluminium faceplates
D) Red shell with transparent merlot faceplate on right, blue shell with transparent dark blue faceplate on left.

Does anyone have any photos they could show me of their own 64 Audio CIEMs?

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #8,025 of 23,578
I'm looking at getting a pair of A12t customs made next time they go on sale (probably Black Friday). I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about design? The website is good, but I think lots of them will look quite different in real life.

I'm thinking one of:
A) Charcoal shells with brushed aluminium faceplates
B) Charcoal shells with two different wood face plates
C) Red shell on right, blue shell on left, brushed aluminium faceplates
D) Red shell with transparent merlot faceplate on right, blue shell with transparent dark blue faceplate on left.

Does anyone have any photos they could show me of their own 64 Audio CIEMs?

My A12t is like your option C.

22058796-F3D4-4F7A-9545-FC56F1C45FFA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back