The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #7,981 of 23,530
@F208Frank

I preferred the 1950 on my A18. I would have purchased already if it wasn’t $2k.

@zachawry

A18t provide some of the best sound I’ve ever heard and I feel zero need to upgrade. That said, I’m always curious about what else is out there, and will surely be curious to listen to what new totl custom 64a comes out with.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #7,982 of 23,530
Who added the small rubber o-ring, you or JVC?

I did. Just fitted it over the nozzle. I have seen it talked about for multiple IEMs, often using o-rings from keyboards or watches.

Example below (on an FH7 IIRC)

oring-2.jpg oring-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #7,984 of 23,530
Sooo something interesting just happened

As of recent I wasn’t exactly in love with my U18t, as I couldn’t feel that level of instrumental separation and clarity I was expecting

My flight was delayed today so I got around to experimenting with some tips and I decided to give my customs a go... my god - instantly remove the FOR SALE from the signature and enjoy the crap out of them :D

The instrumental separation was the first thing that got a promotion. With that of course they sound less muffled and much more detailed. Ordered me a few pairs of custom tips to color match the U18t and happy listening ahead haha

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #7,985 of 23,530
Where are you ordering your custom tips from, @mvvRAZ?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #7,986 of 23,530
Where are you ordering your custom tips from, @mvvRAZ?
Custom Art!

Make sure you google custom Art Poland though because there’s a second company called custom Art and they just do paintings etc

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #7,987 of 23,530
Custom Art!

Make sure you google custom Art Poland though because there’s a second company called custom Art and they just do paintings etc
As I understand it 64 audios don't have a lip on the nozzle do they? If that is the case Custom Art (and in google try The Custom Art)will say they won't do them for them as they won't stay on (same issue with Empire Ears). One thing that I have found that works is the adapters that come with mandarin es and spin fits on the nozzle and use the tips with those, then they stay on.

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #7,988 of 23,530
As I understand it 64 audios don't have a lip on the nozzle do they? If that is the case Custom Art (and in google try The Custom Art)will say they won't do them for them as they won't stay on (same issue with Empire Ears). One thing that I have found that works is the adapters that come with mandarin es and spin fits on the nozzle and use the tips with those, then they stay on.
Piotr confirmed them for me just now :)

I am currently using the U18t with some customs that were made for my now sold Andromeda and the fit is great

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #7,989 of 23,530
Custom Art!

Ah, I was planning on contacting Piotr anyway for a pair of CIEMs, and I was ask about tips for my Shure and U18t, so good to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #7,990 of 23,530
Ah, I was planning on contacting Piotr anyway for a pair of CIEMs, and I was ask about tips for my Shure and U18t, so good to hear your feedback. Thanks!
Definitely get some tips when you order the IEMs, been listening to the U18t for a few hours straight now and loving it like I’ve never done before

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #7,991 of 23,530
No experience with custom tips for universals.

I have written about hearing better positioning of instruments (which likely contributes to better separation) more detail, and better bass on the A18t vs the u18.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #7,992 of 23,530
For what it's worth - I recently had an issue with my U18t (left channel cut out after owning them a week) and I had great service from forum sponsor hifiheadphones. Shipped back to them on a Thursday and had my replacement on the Monday (would have been a three day turnaround if it hadn't been for the weekend). I know we'd all rather our stuff didn't break, but if you're unlucky enough that it happens, it's good to know we have this level of service to back us up, for whatever that's worth to anyone in this thread (or thinking about taking the plunge)

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #7,993 of 23,530
^ 64a has some of the best service I’ve ever received for any product.

Good service is indeed worth a lot.

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #7,994 of 23,530
I’ve been trying to figure out what the cause of the discomfort with my current new CIEMs is before ordering the custom 18t.

I’ve discovered that the left one, which hurts, feels perfectly fine with no cable inserted. But when I plug a cable into it (I’ve tried two different cables), it begins to hurt.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #7,995 of 23,530
Between the DAPS: SP1000, SP1000M, and SE100 Models from the Brand AK... do they all sound pretty similar to each other? I have the U18T/A18T and am looking for some guidance which DAP to get. Do you guys think the SP2000 will be that much better or at this point, the differences are not audible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back