The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 9, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #7,847 of 23,588
I haven’t heard the Sony but on the U18t vs Noir:

They’re both extremely responsive to cables sources and circuits so you can fine tune their sound signature a fair bit as well as comfortably adjust the quantity of the different frequencies. Makes them really fun to play with and very difficult to get boring

The U18t is more reference to my ears while the Noir is an enhanced listening experience. While they both have tons of detail, the U18t is able to pick out every flaw in the recording or micro details you didn’t even know existed. It will show you exactly what you are listening to, for better or worse

The Noir on the other hand is quite a bit smoother and for the most part will make your music sound much better than it really is. While that is great for some of the more modern genres that are pretty poorly recorded, it can take some of the “soul” of the music out with older recordings and live shows and all that - it just omits their flaws, but imo it’s the flaws in those tracks that really makes them special

They both have a massive soundstage, but the Noir is a bit wider I think. Instrumental separation is great on both but the U18t has the upper hand here as it presents the track with a darker soundstage, allowing you to pick out the instruments a bit better

It comes down to personal preference and what kind of music you listen to - given my preferences and genres, I generally find myself enjoying the Noir more than I do my U18t, but I can’t say that it is an objectively better IEM, or worse for that matter

Thanks for your detailed comparison

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #7,848 of 23,588
My question to the EA cable owners would be, how degraded it gets with time compared to the standard 64 audio cable? (sorry 64, but that cable can be amazing for on stage use, but not fancy for an audiophile. :) )

I have an EA Ares II from my EE Legend X and I really like it, but it is still in new stage to comment.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #7,849 of 23,588
My question to the EA cable owners would be, how degraded it gets with time compared to the standard 64 audio cable? (sorry 64, but that cable can be amazing for on stage use, but not fancy for an audiophile. :) )

I have an EA Ares II from my EE Legend X and I really like it, but it is still in new stage to comment.
The Ares II really opened up my Fourte but although less than a year old it is stiffening up quite a bit. The 64Audio cable is still flexible.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #7,851 of 23,588
I have a general question. Have you guys ever sent a mail to 64 Audio with questions regarding a potential purchase and how long did it usually take for them to answer?

I sent a mail to them last week regarding a potential purchase here in Germany with some questions and haven't heard back from them. Not even an automated reply that they received the mail and will process it at any point.

This might be perfectly normal but it would be nice to know by when an answer can be reasonably expected.

Sep 9, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #7,852 of 23,588
I have a general question. Have you guys ever sent a mail to 64 Audio with questions regarding a potential purchase and how long did it usually take for them to answer?

I sent a mail to them last week regarding a potential purchase here in Germany with some questions and haven't heard back from them. Not even an automated reply that they received the mail and will process it at any point.

This might be perfectly normal but it would be nice to know by when an answer can be reasonably expected.
Their response times have generally slowed down as of late. I recommend you contact one of their dealers instead, they’re generally able to assist with purchase queries

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #7,853 of 23,588
856F39F4-61A5-4845-B56E-711976981E20.jpeg
Is it normal that the faceplate of the Noir sticks out a bit like in this photo?

It is perfectly flat on the other one and can’t be seen from a horizontal view

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #7,854 of 23,588
Is it normal that the faceplate of the Noir sticks out a bit like in this photo?

It is perfectly flat on the other one and can’t be seen from a horizontal view

I would say no.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #7,856 of 23,588
I don't have the noir per se but I have the fourte' and both faceplates are glued quite flushed.
What do you mean by flushed? Sticking out like mine or more in line with the shell?

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #7,857 of 23,588
there are cases of the faceplates popping off...not that important if you only care about sound.

an issue with the way it's applied, perhaps.

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #7,860 of 23,588
there are cases of the faceplates popping off...not that important if you only care about sound.

an issue with the way it's applied, perhaps.
Yeah it’s only cosmetic but a bit annoying... I don’t think I’ll be sending it back for that though as it isn’t that major an issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back