The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 25, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #706 of 23,563
One thing that I would like to commend on 64 Audio is the size of the Tia Fourte - especially when I compare it with the size of my Layla. It is amazing that such a small IEM can produce the sound that has surpassed the Layla in terms of musicality, resolution and bass.

This is encouraging. I am myself not happy with my Roxane mostly because of it's size. I feel like having a mushroom on my ear ! :)

May 25, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #707 of 23,563
I have switched to the M20 since the 3rd day of owning my U18 and never looked back. To me M15 isolation is marginally mediocre (regardless of the seal) and while it is perfectly alright in quieter environment quite too much bass response is chopped off when commuting or on the go. The M20 on the other hand offers more isolation, more solid bass response (no necessarily more quantum-wise) while keeping all other frequencies unaffected, and overall more suitable for listening on the go.

Based on this M15 v/s M20 debate, I wonder if the fact that the Fourte do NOT have swapable module is an advantage or a disaventage. There Is no way to adapt sound signature with the Fourte by changing the Apex module ! .... but may be it is a good thing :)

But after reading that the U18+M15 may lack isolation, I really hope that the Fourte offer at least the level of isolation of the U18+M20 !

May 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #708 of 23,563
Based on this M15 v/s M20 debate, I wonder if the fact that the Fourte do NOT have swapable module is an advantage or a disaventage. There Is no way to adapt sound signature with the Fourte by changing the Apex module ! .... but may be it is a good thing :)

But after reading that the U18+M15 may lack isolation, I really hope that the Fourte offer at least the level of isolation of the U18+M20 !

I do not find the M15 to lack isolation with my A18, it has more isolation than all of the ADEL modules I used.

One thing that I would like to commend on 64 Audio is the size of the Tia Fourte - especially when I compare it with the size of my Layla. It is amazing that such a small IEM can produce the sound that has surpassed the Layla in terms of musicality, resolution and bass.

Yes the Forte and VERY small. I assumed it was big judging by all the pics I'd seen.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #709 of 23,563
I do not find the M15 to lack isolation with my A18, it has more isolation than all of the ADEL modules I used.

M20 has a single vent and -20dB of isolation, while M15 has a double vent and -15dB of isolation, assuming that's where M20 vs M15 name came from :wink: M20 offers more isolation, but M15 doesn't lack it either.

May 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #710 of 23,563
M20 has a single vent and -20dB of isolation, while M15 has a double vent and -15dB of isolation, assuming that's where M20 vs M15 name came from :wink: M20 offers more isolation, but M15 doesn't lack it either.

Yea, M15 is quoted at 15db but it out-isolates all my ADEL modules. Either asius has overstated or 64 has understated their ratings.

May 25, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #711 of 23,563
I can now confirm the deeper, more tactile sub bass on A18 is also on U18. Forte Sub bass isn't as deep, remember that isn't a bad thing it's a matter of taste. These are both TOTL monitors and there are several things that Forte does better than A18 and vice versa. I tried a variety of tips as well and had the similar enough results to confirm it.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #712 of 23,563
I can now confirm the deeper, more tactile sub bass on A18 is also on U18. Forte Sub bass isn't as deep, remember that isn't a bad thing it's a matter of taste. These are both TOTL monitors and there are several things that Forte does better than A18 and vice versa. I tried a variety of tips as well and had the similar enough results to confirm it.

Ike, are you saying U/A18 sub-bass goes deeper than TIA Fourte? How about mid-bass, the quantity in comparison?

May 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #713 of 23,563
@Ike1985

Please give the Fourte one more day as I felt the dynamic driver took 2-3 days to settle in and tighten up.

A comparison to the U18 would be appreciated (to eliminate the custom vs. universal factor).

Thanks!

May 25, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #714 of 23,563
@Ike1985

Please give the Fourte one more day as I felt the dynamic driver took 2-3 days to settle in and tighten up.

A comparison to the U18 would be appreciated (to eliminate the custom vs. universal factor).

Thanks!

Agree. +1

May 25, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #715 of 23,563
@Ike1985

Thanks!

WILL do.

Ike, are you saying U/A18 sub-bass goes deeper than TIA Fourte? How about mid-bass, the quantity in comparison?

Apologies for not being clear enough, what I mean is that A/U18 has more sub bass quantity and presence within a given song. For example, In listening to Lord Vicar - Birth Of Wine the drum is very deep:

On A/U18 it hits harder, has more presence.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #717 of 23,563
try them with that

Forte has more quantity in the 20Hz region per that video but it isn't a ton more and it's most noticeable in the rumbling decay of the bass.

The bass in the song I linked is in the 70Hz region.

I think what's throwing me off is that they both attack with about the same weight, have similar sustain but the DD on the Forte has the weightier/more rumbly/fuller decay and that makes sense knowing that it's a DD. Will let it burn in more and report back but you're probably right it will tighten up.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #718 of 23,563
So basically the same but different.

May 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #720 of 23,563
I find myself agreeing with Ike's impressions. The bass on the U18 goes deeper and hits harder than the Fourte's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back