The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 22, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #676 of 23,565
Switched to the TWCu cable which I have been using for my K10. Sublime. Simply sublime. Words can't describe what I am hearing now. The magic is that some songs, especially mediocre recordings with a lot going on in the chorus portion of some pop songs, and rock/metal in general, suddenly clears up and everything that sounded muffled and chaotic even with the Layla and K10, just becomes listenable. I always thought the idea of listening to symphonies on IEMs is a joke since I got a pretty decent stereo speaker system, but with the Fourte it suddenly seems to make sense, because the instruments are so well separated and each of them just sounds true to its real voice. The bass is so full fletched and satisfying yet does not affect the low mids at all.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #677 of 23,565
It seems the TWCu suits the Fourte very well, but let me also try the Leonidas and Leonidas+Mars before coming to a conclusion. Right now, everything just sounds much fuller than any IEMs I have listened to, yet everything comes so natural that I don't feel any frequency range is more prominent, and the extension both ways, does not give me any uncomfortable feeling. Simply the best.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #678 of 23,565
Mine arrived - serial number 012. Still using stock cable but am going to try out the Leonidas and Leonidas+Mars soon. So far, using the stock cable without any burn in, the sound already surpassed my Layla and K10 by leaps and bounds. Simply put, it is the SR009 of the IEM world - but with very good bass. I also preordered the SP1000Cu. Can't wait to hear how it sounds with the SP1000Cu. I mentioned that AK380Cu with Layla is the best of the best of the best. I can already tell that the 380Cu with Tia Fourte is not only the best of the best of the best - it is the best of the best of the best of the best. So how will the Tia Fourte sound with the SP1000Cu? I think you guys may have figured... but I need to get my SP1000Cu before confirming.

LouisArmstrong, I am glad for you that you got your new toy.

- Why did you ordered the CU ? Are you aware that the SS will arrive 1 month sooner than the CU ? And may be with the existing Bass and OUPSS of the Fourté the SS may have been more appropriate ? May be Fourté + CU will be too much OUOPOPSSSS and BASS ?

- I think I will not be able to wait for CanJam London to listen to the Fourté, I may buy them before.... but I still wonder how the A18 compare and if it not better for classical music (may be less OUPSS but more details than the Fourté ??)

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #680 of 23,565
LouisArmstrong, we are patiently waiting for your detailed listening impression between the various cables you mentioned...

Are yours balanced 2,5mm ? (from what I learned from MUNICH, A&K should have fixed the issues with the balanced output of the AK380 not being better (even inferior sounding in some cases) than the SE output. They reconised that the Bal output of the AK380 has a too high impedence, and that this is why with some headphone, the result was no good. They swared that they have corected this. This is why now the output of the Bal (3,9 volts) is now almost twice the SE (2,2 volts) while with the AK380, SE and Bal were almost the same around 2 volts )

In the mean time.... please can you post a picture of your Fourté with the TWCu ? and a picture to compare the stock cable and the TWCu ? where did you purchased the TWCu ?

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #681 of 23,565
Munkong-Gadget-Topic-Reply-1495463243-800x600.jpg

Tia Fourté + Effect audio Heracle = Awesome Fullsize :dt880smile:

May 22, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #682 of 23,565
May 23, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #686 of 23,565
I dare not try out too many cables as I had problems with 2-pin IEMs (mostly my customs, including UE18Pro and K10). The problem was that some 2 pin cables apparently have thicker pins and over time one of the cable connectors would become very loose to the point that the cable would fall off the IEMs very easily. I take note of this problem and will try to minimize cable switching this time.

By the way - no one seems to have mentioned burn in time for the Fourte? I haven't been intentionally burning in but just listen to it. Any other owners willing to shed some light (if you believe in burn-in at all)?

Cheers,
Lou

May 23, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #687 of 23,565
Maybe I could chip in a little..

I've been auditioning the Fourte with my modded 240SS and have tried it with both the stock cable and the 1960s 4-wire. I feel that, same with most other IEMs, the 1960 helped to elevate the 1960 to another level.
The Fourte's strengths to me are its cohesiveness and the luxurious texture of the sound, the former being excellent for a hybrid and the latter being probably the best I've heard so far in ANY IEM/CIEM).

The 1960 helped to widen and deepen the soundstage and improve imaging, while improving further upon the texturing of the music. One thing to note is that even with the stock cable, the cohesiveness of the music is still there, and the sound is still fantastic. I haven't had the chance to try any other cables with the Fourte, including my own Leonidas which I'm sadly selling, but I'm sure that any cable upgrade from the stock cable will help to improve the sound quality.

Definitely a hard choice between the Fourte and the A18, the former being slower and more luxurious and the latter being faster and exciting.

May 23, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #689 of 23,565
I dare not try out too many cables as I had problems with 2-pin IEMs (mostly my customs, including UE18Pro and K10). The problem was that some 2 pin cables apparently have thicker pins and over time one of the cable connectors would become very loose to the point that the cable would fall off the IEMs very easily. I take note of this problem and will try to minimize cable switching this time.

By the way - no one seems to have mentioned burn in time for the Fourte? I haven't been intentionally burning in but just listen to it. Any other owners willing to shed some light (if you believe in burn-in at all)?

Cheers,
Lou

I have noticed after demoing cables with My A18's they loosen as well but I'm thinking there must be something we can do to eliminate this problem, some simple fix.

May 23, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #690 of 23,565
Maybe I could chip in a little..

I've been auditioning the Fourte with my modded 240SS and have tried it with both the stock cable and the 1960s 4-wire. I feel that, same with most other IEMs, the 1960 helped to elevate the 1960 to another level.
The Fourte's strengths to me are its cohesiveness and the luxurious texture of the sound, the former being excellent for a hybrid and the latter being probably the best I've heard so far in ANY IEM/CIEM).

The 1960 helped to widen and deepen the soundstage and improve imaging, while improving further upon the texturing of the music. One thing to note is that even with the stock cable, the cohesiveness of the music is still there, and the sound is still fantastic. I haven't had the chance to try any other cables with the Fourte, including my own Leonidas which I'm sadly selling, but I'm sure that any cable upgrade from the stock cable will help to improve the sound quality.

Definitely a hard choice between the Fourte and the A18, the former being slower and more luxurious and the latter being faster and exciting.

Thanks for these insights. Would you mind providing some comparisons between the Fourte and A18 to the Zeus XRA? I currently use the Zeus XRA (G1) with 1960's 2 wire and ak380, which I love. But the Fourte and A18 sure are tempting. My next purchase is either one of these or full size cans.

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back