The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,111 of 23,575
what did they do that made you feel like they were "trying to take every dollar they could out of you?"

high-end stuff always cost mucho moolah and has diminishing returns. the A18t is some seriously high-end stuff.
It’s a pretty long story and I’ve already spoken about it in this thread but to sum it up:

They got my design wrong

Then one of the shells cracked after a small drop - for 3 weeks it was unclear whether they would cover it with the warranty or not

Since I had to send them back I also wanted to change the design, as the original one was mistaken - I was given one price, then a second, then a third one, each higher than the previous one. Not only that, they also changed the prices once they already had the IEMs after weeks of not giving me any information regarding my repair

They were also pretty adamant that they didn’t want me speaking to them directly and only through the dealer I purchased the IEMs from - the only contacted me once the situation was completely messed up

I had my A18t reshelled with FiR Audio in the end as I refuse to spend anything further on 64

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,112 of 23,575
For me, i never got any problems with 64audio service. They are the best for me.
Btw I just received the A18t. The sound is still incredible. After over a year seeking of a replacement, im so happy to have it one more time :). And im so surprised that now it came with recessed sockets which I really like. My first A18t didn’t have those.

06A868EA-BE46-4C6E-9D36-FDB3E3A0FA55.jpeg

6AC86301-0682-49AF-BA48-E13627FB0DA2.jpeg

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #7,113 of 23,575
welcome back, hung. the a18 are truly amazing...some of the best sound i've ever heard anywhere. nice design combo as well.

@mvvRAZ - ah right. think i commented on this. it's not 64a's fault if someone drops the iems...they're fragile. doesn't seem fair to me to hold that against them.

just gotta be careful.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #7,115 of 23,575
welcome back, hung. the a18 are truly amazing...some of the best sound i've ever heard anywhere. nice design combo as well.

@mvvRAZ - ah right. think i commented on this. it's not 64a's fault if someone drops the iems...they're fragile. doesn't seem fair to me to hold that against them.

just gotta be careful.
Yeah but you can’t keep giving different prices to a customer for the same service. You shouldn’t charge someone for changing a design that you got wrong in the first place. It also took weeks until I heard anything from them regarding the repair, and out of a sudden the price had changed once again. If they had given me the high price in the first place and been adequate regarding their own mistake in the design - I’d be fine with it, and it would be fair game. But you can’t expect me to be happy being treated like that after purchasing 3000 euro earphones from them. Also them telling me not to contact them directly but instead only through my dealer is plain ridiculous.

Either way, in the end of the day that’s 4000 dollars I spend with other companies instead of them, but I won’t be quiet about the absolute disaster that my case was

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #7,116 of 23,575
I have my photography equipment on a homeowners policy, which covers damage from accidental dropping or loss. I would assume IEMs and headphones could be put on one just like photography equipment.

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #7,117 of 23,575
... or, you can get U18t - that metal universal shell can take some serious beating, knock on wood for the last 2 years :D

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,118 of 23,575
Real talk for anyone getting these now, if you go to assurant (you can google their website) you can get a policy to cover them. My wife has some qc35's with the warranty through them and after using them for 2 years in the gym one of the speakers went and they issued her claim money same day. Was pretty sweet.

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #7,119 of 23,575
Without knowing all the conversations you had, I guess I don't really know what you went through.

Definitely sounds like an unusual experience, and not at all what I went through.

Sounds like you're happy now though.

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #7,120 of 23,575
Yeah but you can’t keep giving different prices to a customer for the same service. You shouldn’t charge someone for changing a design that you got wrong in the first place. It also took weeks until I heard anything from them regarding the repair, and out of a sudden the price had changed once again. If they had given me the high price in the first place and been adequate regarding their own mistake in the design - I’d be fine with it, and it would be fair game. But you can’t expect me to be happy being treated like that after purchasing 3000 euro earphones from them. Also them telling me not to contact them directly but instead only through my dealer is plain ridiculous.

Either way, in the end of the day that’s 4000 dollars I spend with other companies instead of them, but I won’t be quiet about the absolute disaster that my case was

Your contract of sale is with your dealer, so it is standard procedure for them to ask you to raise any concerns with the dealer.

About this situation, as has been pointed out, your item was not a warranty issue, it was a crack that formed from accidental damage. The price of a repair is always subject to change if the company finds other faults that the drop may have caused.

Regarding the issue with the design they got wrong, I hope you raised this with your dealer when you received them instead of just living with it. As then they most likely would have helped you out if they weren't damaged. To complain about that after you dropped them isn't fair really.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #7,121 of 23,575
Opting for rush order with 64 Audio is never a bad choice. After a week and a half wait with only the A3 to keep me company, I didn't realize how much I missed the sound of a pair of good IEMs until I hit the play on my WM1A with the A6t secure in my ears. Felt a look longer.

This is my first 64 Audio product with a Tia driver, but nothing could have prepared me for a single treble BA that sounds anything but. Well done 64!

Really liking the sub-bass emphasis even with the M15s as the rumble has always been something I felt missing from most BAs. Its not Phantom BA bass, but not anemic like the Zeus either.

As for the mids, phew got a mouthful about that: I'm not sure what kind of black Vitaly and the folks at 64 performed. They're always centre stage and are never lost among everything else. An intimate feel but without bringing it forward and having it possibly drowning out everthing else.

I find it hard to believe that the A6t is only $1299 because it definitely sounds like something on the level of the $1699 Phantom.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #7,122 of 23,575
I've actually been thinking of picking up an A6t to complement the A18t.

Good to see you're enjoying them, @KuroKitsu.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #7,123 of 23,575
I've actually been thinking of picking up an A6t to complement the A18t.

Good to see you're enjoying them, @KuroKitsu.
That would be a good choice. I remember asking @Deezel177 responding as to my question as to which of the 2 would be a better all rounder:

What Nic's saying is that the A6t and A18t are actually both versatile IEMs, but they have slight nudges in slightly different directions. The A18t's more pronounced treble makes it more satisfying than the A6t when listening to crunchy electric guitars or contrast-y, dynamic EDM, even though the A6t would still do a great job with those genres too. On the other hand, the A6t's more natural vocal reproduction would make it more suitable than the A18t for vocal-based music - such as jazz or classic rock - but the A18t would still perform great here regardless. So, the A18t and A6t are both immensely musical by all accounts. Which of the two you get will depend on which type of music you prioritise most, and whether or not you'd mind paying that extra amount for the A18t's boosts in technical performance and resolution.

For me, a year later, the vocal reproduction of the 6t won out over the 18t's technical performance and resolution (plus the price didn't really help, I've heard enough TOTLs to know that the N8 difference wont be some massive change).

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #7,124 of 23,575
... or, you can get U18t - that metal universal shell can take some serious beating, knock on wood for the last 2 years :D
Yup I genuinely regret not going universal.

Your contract of sale is with your dealer, so it is standard procedure for them to ask you to raise any concerns with the dealer.

About this situation, as has been pointed out, your item was not a warranty issue, it was a crack that formed from accidental damage. The price of a repair is always subject to change if the company finds other faults that the drop may have caused.

Regarding the issue with the design they got wrong, I hope you raised this with your dealer when you received them instead of just living with it. As then they most likely would have helped you out if they weren't damaged. To complain about that after you dropped them isn't fair really.

Yeah I didn’t say they broke their contract with me - I’ve just been treated far, far better at companies where I spent a fifth of the amount.

I don’t think a company should get points for treating you as their contract with you obligated them to. One of the main selling points of small/medium sized boutique companies is that you get personal and exceptional service - other companies I’ve deal with in the IEM industry have been able to provide that - 64 fulfilled their contract but that’s about it

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #7,125 of 23,575
No problem with 64a at all, always answered my queries. The IEM took a bit too long to build, but I understand the back orders from Black Friday. Really happy here enjoying a beautiful sunny winter day. With them. :)

20190720_131516.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back