The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #7,081 of 23,562
Not gonna be getting this since falls pretty north of my "buy and resell if not likey" price line. And the fact of being in Canada.

I do like the choice of colours on this, very aesthetic, and I trust it will be excellent given 64's track record.

On some good news, my A6t is done and with Fedex, arriving tomorrow sometime. Looking forward to it.

Oh oh @KuroKitsu sadly but yea it is above 90% folks price range....
If you are still lucky and have a spare kidney to sell on the illegal market of human trafficking lol. I think you sold 1 not long a go ? For phantom...

But on the side note. Reading @twister6 review. This tia Noire would be my cup of tea vs the original tia!

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #7,082 of 23,562
I set my limit at $2000 for an IEM and I could afford more, but choose not to. I bought an A12t and Legend X for less money than the new Tia during the 15% off sales. The Legend X was about $2000 after the discount and my premium faceplates.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #7,083 of 23,562
Oh oh @KuroKitsu sadly but yea it is above 90% folks price range....
If you are still lucky and have a spare kidney to sell on the illegal market of human trafficking lol. I think you sold 1 not long a go ? For phantom...

But on the side note. Reading @twister6 review. This tia Noire would be my cup of tea vs the original tia!
Lol I may have also invoked some black magic as well. My lady was not happy when I told her I was selling Phantom for the Khan, then the Khan for the A6t. I would be in for an asswhooping if I went for the 12t or 18t.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #7,084 of 23,562
I set my limit at $2000 for an IEM and I could afford more, but choose not to. I bought an A12t and Legend X for less money than the new Tia during the 15% off sales. The Legend X was about $2000 after the discount and my premium faceplates.
The 15% sale was a really good deal, sadly I couldnt move the Khan in time to take advantage. Ended up just taking a pretty basic design with rush order.

My limit is slightly lower at $1700. And certainly not 2 at the same time (My lady would have me sleep on the steps!). It also helps being able to demo a wide gamut of gear as well (frikkin Canada man).

Though I hear the 12t has quite a bit of difference between the universal and custom. So not sure I would buy the A or U even with a demo in that case.

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #7,085 of 23,562
You sold the Kahn for the A6t, @KuroKitsu ?

What made you sell the Kahn?

What made you buy the A6t?

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #7,086 of 23,562
What made you sell the Kahn?

What made you buy the A6t?
The primary issue was the fit on my left ear. My canal goes up at an angle and most universals end up just falling out over time regardless of the kind/size of tip being used. I have my IEMs in 4+ hours during a day and having to put the ear piece back in every 10 minutes or so was a bit of a hassle. The secondary issue was with how forward the mids are, sometimes they were too forward and took away from the rest of the music.

I had my eye on the A6t since it was released tbh. as @Deezel177 can attest to, there was a lot of back and forth regarding his thoughts on the A6t, A18t and the Phantom. The A6t had won out, mostly due to the description of the vocals from Daniel, and at that time I had not touched a TOTL beyond a 15 minute demo with the Phantom. Due to being out of the country and some banking snafus, I enddd up locating a Zeus R and thus my formal entry into TOTLs and cable rolling. After a year and a half of hearing some of the latest and the best, I thought it was time to settle down, so back to the A6t. At the end of the day, while technical performance and resolution wowed me, there were also downfalls to that, and I wanted mostly to enjoy my music as a cohesive whole much more than anything else.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #7,087 of 23,562
Lol I may have also invoked some black magic as well. My lady was not happy when I told her I was selling Phantom for the Khan, then the Khan for the A6t. I would be in for an asswhooping if I went for the 12t or 18t.

Oh u gota become a truck driver @KuroKitsu and you will be like me throwing bad gear outa windows with no hesitation hahaha. Hiss bang out. Bad tuning nono throw out.
LoL

And some time you can smugle couple immigrants threw the border to buy new gear hehe and save a kidney hourey. Ok was joking )

I hae read that a12t is very good among all the 64 line I think its the one that is the most recommended.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #7,088 of 23,562
At the end of the day, while technical performance and resolution wowed me, there were also downfalls to that, and I wanted mostly to enjoy my music as a cohesive whole much more than anything else.

Which iem are you describing here?

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #7,089 of 23,562
Oh u gota become a truck driver @KuroKitsu and you will be like me throwing bad gear outa windows with no hesitation hahaha. Hiss bang out. Bad tuning nono throw out.
LoL
I can imagine that conversation "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY ACCIDENTLY FELL OUT THE WINDOW?! YOU'VE LOST 6 PAIRS THE LAST HALF YEAR ALONE!"

Meanwhile OEMs are making happy faces that this KuroKitsu guy is funding their retirement.

Which iem are you describing here?
Not a particular iem really just something I noticed after hearing a wide range of stuff. I guess it comes down to preference.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #7,090 of 23,562
Wow Fedex.....package cleared customs at 8 AM. Doesnt get to sort facility till after courier departed for the day.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #7,091 of 23,562
I can imagine that conversation "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY ACCIDENTLY FELL OUT THE WINDOW?! YOU'VE LOST 6 PAIRS THE LAST HALF YEAR ALONE!"

Meanwhile OEMs are making happy faces that this KuroKitsu guy is funding their retirement.

Not a particular iem really just something I noticed after hearing a wide range of stuff. I guess it comes down to preference.

Haha half a year ??? You mean just in the last month ) ) )
There is so much gear on the market. Enough to throw all day long lol

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #7,092 of 23,562
Haha half a year ??? You mean just in the last month ) ) )
There is so much gear on the market. Enough to throw all day long lol
Lol I can't even get my time frames straight, man this addiction is affecting me.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #7,093 of 23,562
Anyone still rocking the old Adel A12s? Or has everyone switched up to the new A12t / Tia models? lol

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #7,095 of 23,562
The primary issue was the fit on my left ear. My canal goes up at an angle and most universals end up just falling out over time regardless of the kind/size of tip being used..

Pretty much the same issue with the universals, but on the right for me. Mine also curves and goes narrower right at the start as well :frowning2: Annoying because my left ear takes pretty much anything. Anyway good luck with the fit on the a6t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back