The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 24, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #6,468 of 23,560
Have y’all heard the Trio? It’s pretty remarkable.

I tried the Trio! I enjoyed it but not enough to keep it over the Solaris, and the Solaris is on my chopping block atm because of the terrifyingly awkward fit.

The Fourte is sort of a hail mary for me; I'm either going to love it or I'm going to sell it and get a 64 Audio CIEM...unless the new hotness makes more sense instead.

Jun 24, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #6,470 of 23,560
Wait, can’t keep the Solaris due to fit?! It seems like a great reason to replace it with the Trio! Or still leaving more desired in sound?

I can (and will!) keep it, the fit is just giving me issues.

The problem is pricing. If I want to go 64 Audio and I want a better fit, here's where they fit in against the CIEM lineup:
  • $1300 A6t
  • $1500 Solaris
  • $1700 N8
  • $2000 A12t
  • $2300 Trio (possibly $1840 with the 20% CanJam discount I sort of remember reading about)
  • $3000 A18t
IMO the Trio does not sound $800 better than the Solaris - and $800 easily covers a used Andromeda (which is the next IEM I want to try...especially the Andromeda S given my personal tastes) or an A3e. From what I read, I'd be even happier with the N8 or A12t.

If the Fourte blows me away I'll keep it. I'm a little disturbed with how cheap it's going for vs MSRP on the secondary market...I'm seeing them sold for less than the going rate for a Trio...

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #6,472 of 23,560
So I have the choice of A12t and A18t. Either way it’s free. I’m leaning toward 12t. But I only listened for about ten minutes between the two. Am I a crazy person?
if you get the A18T for free, is still cheaper if you love it and still want to get the A12T later paying for it. The other way around is 1k more expensive. :)

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,473 of 23,560
if you get the A18T for free, is still cheaper if you love it and still want to get the A12T later paying for it. The other way around is 1k more expensive. :)

That’s true. But I’m never going to own both. It’s only a weird stroke of luck that has me positioned to own one. Indeed, part of my lean toward the 12 is that I think it will get better results from poorer sources like the ones I have.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #6,474 of 23,560
That’s true. But I’m never going to own both. It’s only a weird stroke of luck that has me positioned to own one. Indeed, part of my lean toward the 12 is that I think it will get better results from poorer sources like the ones I have.
I do use my work computer onboard audio, AK SE100, Fiio BT3 and Samsung Galaxy S10. No problem with them. Driving from Topping DX7s I had some background noise, not too much. But had problem running it from my Home Receiver, couldn't use at all (but I think I'm the only one that would try to run an IEM from a Receiver :) ), would need something like iFi iMatch. A12T are really easy to drive.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #6,475 of 23,560

I ran the 18t from pretty dull sources; MacBook Pro, LG V20, Ak Jr... still sounds absolutely amazing. There is a reason why the 12 and the 18 are different price points.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #6,476 of 23,560
Will try it out at CanJam this weekend :ksc75smile:

Did you had a chance to hear the new 64audio? How does it do sound vs phantom and valkyries?

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #6,477 of 23,560
Did you had a chance to hear the new 64audio? How does it do sound vs phantom and valkyries?
I tried new IEM, khan, wraith, Valkyrie and they all sounded like crap, it not because of their sound but the environment that I was in, CanJam is not a place to try out new IEM sound signature because it is so loud I usually listen to my zx300 at max volume at 3-10, but at CanJam I have to turn up to to 70 and can’t observe how their sound signature is also you don’t get to spend lot of time with it

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #6,478 of 23,560
I tried new IEM, khan, wraith, Valkyrie and they all sounded like crap, it not because of their sound but the environment that I was in, CanJam is not a place to try out new IEM sound signature because it is so loud I usually listen to my zx300 at max volume at 3-10, but at CanJam I have to turn up to to 70 and can’t observe how their sound signature is also you don’t get to spend lot of time with it
I had a similar experience at the two times I went to canjam at rmaf. The noise floor is too high. The bass of all headphones seem shallow compared to in other environments.

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #6,479 of 23,560
I can (and will!) keep it, the fit is just giving me issues.

The problem is pricing. If I want to go 64 Audio and I want a better fit, here's where they fit in against the CIEM lineup:
  • $1300 A6t
  • $1500 Solaris
  • $1700 N8
  • $2000 A12t
  • $2300 Trio (possibly $1840 with the 20% CanJam discount I sort of remember reading about)
  • $3000 A18t
IMO the Trio does not sound $800 better than the Solaris - and $800 easily covers a used Andromeda (which is the next IEM I want to try...especially the Andromeda S given my personal tastes) or an A3e. From what I read, I'd be even happier with the N8 or A12t.

If the Fourte blows me away I'll keep it. I'm a little disturbed with how cheap it's going for vs MSRP on the secondary market...I'm seeing them sold for less than the going rate for a Trio...
Indeed, there have already been some large-discounted Fourtes on the forums here! I guess “not for everyone” fits. GL with next IEM adventure!

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #6,480 of 23,560
Tbh take the price away from it, if you enjoy the 12's go with them! After these are meant to be listened too... not collected like pokemon cards lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back