The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #6,436 of 23,496
Can't really combine the A18 and Fourte...

A18 goes for reference, accurate, and realistic sound.

Fourte goes for romantic, colored, and enhanced reality.

They each accomplish something incredible, but their pursuits travel down two different paths headed in different directions.

Definitely excited to see what 64a has come up with...

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #6,437 of 23,496
Can't really combine the A18 and Fourte...

A18 goes for reference, accurate, and realistic sound.

Fourte goes for romantic, colored, and enhanced reality.

They each accomplish something incredible, but their pursuits travel down two different paths headed in different directions.

Definitely excited to see what 64a has come up with...
Sure you can: One in the left ear and the other in the right. It should make for a fascinating juxtaposition of signatures.

...I am kidding of course, but I always wanted an excuse to use the word "juxtaposition" in a sentence. :D

Jun 21, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #6,438 of 23,496
Maybe they're dipping their toes into triple-hybrid designs.

Someone at 64audio mentioned a Fourte sequel sometime this year though, so that's my bet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #6,440 of 23,496
Just finished my order for the A12T, could you guys answer these short questions for me:

1. How many refits should I expect to have to do? I remember reading about a guy who sent them back three times but others have said that they didn't have a single issue. Is it unusual to have to do refits?

2. How would I know if I need a refit or if a CIEM is not fitting properly?

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #6,441 of 23,496
Just finished my order for the A12T, could you guys answer these short questions for me:

1. How many refits should I expect to have to do? I remember reading about a guy who sent them back three times but others have said that they didn't have a single issue. Is it unusual to have to do refits?

I personally didn't need a refit with my N8. Most of it comes down to how good your impressions are. If all you feel is a little bit of discomfort, give it a week or so. If it's pain, you probably need a refit.

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #6,442 of 23,496

1. It all depends on how well your audiologist did in taking your impressions. If impressions are good, they should work the first time.
2. If, after extended use, they are painful to wear, you might need a refit. Your ears may need a short amount of time to adjust to customs. Also, a proper seal is important. This article might help!
https://theheadphonelist.com/custom-in-ear-monitors-fit-guide/

PS - I would personally not follow the DIY adjustment suggestions, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #6,443 of 23,496
1. It all depends on how well your audiologist did in taking your impressions. If impressions are good, they should work the first time.
2. If, after extended use, they are painful to wear, you might need a refit. Your ears may need a short amount of time to adjust to customs. Also, a proper seal is important. This article might help!
https://theheadphonelist.com/custom-in-ear-monitors-fit-guide/

PS - I would personally not follow the DIY adjustment suggestions, but that's just me.

Thank you for the reply and the website link! I got the impressions done at music sanctuary in Singapore. He wasn't an audiologist but I'm sure he has lots of experience so fingers crossed I only need to do one.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,444 of 23,496
Thank you for the reply and the website link! I got the impressions done at music sanctuary in Singapore. He wasn't an audiologist but I'm sure he has lots of experience so fingers crossed I only need to do one.

The info the guys provided above is top-notch. Music Sanctuary is highly reputable and their staff has certified training for impression-taking. So, I wouldn’t have anything to worry about if I were you.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #6,445 of 23,496

Hmm, I thought @jude was flipping the bird, so they had to pixelate it to keep the video PG? :p

Sorry for my "dark" humor :D

This is how sad my life has become - I am getting excited by the sight of a green pixel in the top right of the pixellation. Isn't this the same colour as the patina on the Fourte? Is this a new Fourte, or just a new pixellated IEM? Looks a bit blocky to jam into my ear, but I would still do it, just saying.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #6,446 of 23,496
This is how sad my life has become - I am getting excited by the sight of a green pixel in the top right of the pixellation. Isn't this the same colour as the patina on the Fourte? Is this a new Fourte, or just a new pixellated IEM? Looks a bit blocky to jam into my ear, but I would still do it, just saying.

The Minecraft IEM!! :ksc75smile:

For me...the U18t is almost perfect...:L3000:

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #6,448 of 23,496
Very very curious about this new announciment. Wouldn't be surpdised if it is a new Fourte due to the time since launch. But also wouldn't be surprised if it is the so requested UN8. But my heart wan't something more bold, like adventuring into the triple hybrids.

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #6,449 of 23,496
Every new post in this thread makes my heart beat faster. Pics already please!

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #6,450 of 23,496
Every new post in this thread makes my heart beat faster. Pics already please!

Every new post in this thread makes my... fingers want to type something, but I can't yet, so back to listening :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back