The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #6,406 of 23,560
I’d also like to throw the DITA OSLO into the mix. It made a wonderful pair with my A6t, imbuing it with a fuller midrange and an analog warmth, but with lots of headroom and air as well. Given how related the two are, I’d imagine it’ll make a lovely combo with the U12t as well.

You aren't making this any easy for :p If the cables were cheap, this would be a breeze! :D

But i did read that U12T pairs well with Silver more than Copper, what's your take on that?

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #6,407 of 23,560
I am pretty sure you're review is what convinced me towards this. I was leaning towards Leo II also since you and other reviewers have mentioned it's the best pairing they have had with U12T.
Personally, I indeed really like Leo II with the U12t. It is a very dynamic pairing with that typical EA liquidity (I don't know a better term to describe it). The Exo GPS stays closer to the U12t's technical excellence and just seems to improve that really well. Excellent synergy in both cases and it comes down to personal preference what works best.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #6,408 of 23,560
Personally, I indeed really like Leo II with the U12t. It is a very dynamic pairing with that typical EA liquidity (I don't know a better term to describe it). The Exo GPS stays closer to the U12t's technical excellence and just seems to improve that really well. Excellent synergy in both cases and it comes down to personal preference what works best.

I have been going on and off with the Leo II due to the price, but I'd rather get one that is best suited now than regretting later. And I have only seen pretty solid reviews on Leo II.

I think I'll just go with Leo II, thanks @Wyville and @Deezel177 for pitching in here!

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #6,410 of 23,560
Maybe so but the trio doesn't have the layering, separation or precision of the A18t, massive stage either.
I had the chance to audition the 18t during a past tour, along with the Fourte. The particular 18t I heard had a very wide and tall soundstage, but it wasn't deep or layered, especially compared to the PP8. The lower midrange also wasn't resolved. I thought the layering of the Fourte was better. Agree, the Trio has less expanse. IMHO, I just didn't find the 18t to live up to its billing re its imaging prowess. (I listened via a 1Z). YMMV. Thx

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #6,411 of 23,560
Hi guys, it is my honor to present the review of 64 Audio's greatest, the tia Fourté.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/22234/

Hope you enjoy reading.

Fourte-12-1100x613.jpg

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #6,412 of 23,560
Hi, guys, I'm looking for some replaced cables for my Tia fourte which give deep bass and more thicker in midrange but without affecting on treble's sparkle. I'm considered about leonidas 2 and samurai labkable 3. I've never heard leo before. About samurai 3, i was concerned it might causing sib. Pls give me some suggestion.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #6,413 of 23,560
Hi, guys, I'm looking for some replaced cables for my Tia fourte which give deep bass and more thicker in midrange but without affecting on treble's sparkle. I'm considered about leonidas 2 and samurai labkable 3. I've never heard leo before. About samurai 3, i was concerned it might causing sib. Pls give me some suggestion.
I'm using the EA Eros II 8 wire. Maintains Fourte's bass, adds some lushness to mids, and slightly smooths upper treble without diminishing detail.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #6,414 of 23,560

I happen to audition Fourte along with Trio before. Long story short, I ended up with Trio because I prefer the sound sig.

But during the audition, I tried Leo 2 and Leo 2 Octa with Fourte. With Leo 2, it tames down the Fourte a little bit to my liking. I still can't handle the treble but everything is smoothened out. Now that I actually have my own Leo 2 Octa, I'm even thinking about getting the Fourte again just so I can have different style of sig when I enjoy my music.

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #6,415 of 23,560
I happen to audition Fourte along with Trio before. Long story short, I ended up with Trio because I prefer the sound sig.

But during the audition, I tried Leo 2 and Leo 2 Octa with Fourte. With Leo 2, it tames down the Fourte a little bit to my liking. I still can't handle the treble but everything is smoothened out. Now that I actually have my own Leo 2 Octa, I'm even thinking about getting the Fourte again just so I can have different style of sig when I enjoy my music.
How does the Octa sound with the Trio?

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #6,416 of 23,560
How does the Octa sound with the Trio?

I don't speak the technical jargon, but to me, it sounds "endgame". Everything I ever want in my IEM. Wide, musical, full bodied. I'm recalling from memory here, but the soundstage I think is almost equal or equal to that of Fourte, but with all the characteristics of Trio still intact, just enhanced.

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #6,417 of 23,560

Thank Ray, I think it help me make a decision, I love the way of fourte’s treble and don’t wanna any smooth cable which make the treble softer

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #6,419 of 23,560
Hi there - I just received my A18t and I’m loving them. Obviously I’m thinking of replacement cables now, namely the cleopatra/Leonidas, maybe even the Horus. I like clarity, mids and detail. Do you have any recommendations for that? I will be purchasing a cable in about a month or two once I get familiar with the stock sound so I can notice the improvement

Also have you heard the news of a new 64audio TOTL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back