The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 14, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #5,341 of 23,594
Quick question. Can you not order accessories like cable , tips etc without an iem order and have them ship it over to you?. I’ve been trying to order the premium cable but it won’t give me option to choose shipping method . Only Pick up option and “add to group iem order”. . I’m a bit confused here .
I'm not sure what you ran into. I tried placing a cable order just to try, and it popped up the shipping options. Seemed to work for me. If you continue to have problems, I'd just give them a call or email to inquire. Maybe because you're not in the US?

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #5,342 of 23,594
I'm not sure what you ran into. I tried placing a cable order just to try, and it popped up the shipping options. Seemed to work for me. If you continue to have problems, I'd just give them a call or email to inquire. Maybe because you're not in the US?
Did it again on my MacBook and the option popped up. Don’t know why it didn’t come up on my iPhone ..

Sep 14, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #5,343 of 23,594
Can anyone comment on how the apex module affects the isolation compared to other "traditional" CIEMs? (on the N8, A12t and A18t specifically). I understand that it acts as some sort of vent but I'm not sure how it impacts the isolation. Thanks in advance!
I agree with @eldss - owning the 12 and the 18 along with other none vented CIEMs and universals, the 12/18 have just as much isolation as my custom NT6pros without the fatigue of the seal pressure and way more isolation than my universal in any format.

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #5,344 of 23,594
I’m a musician and I own other traditional customs and have owned both universal and custom versions of Apex equipped IEMs. Isolation is key for me and Currently I have the A12t and it by far offers more isolation than everything I’ve had before. I was surprised at first, as this wasn’t the case with universals. I’ve reached to the conclusion that it’s because of the excellent molds my audiologist took, these are the best fitting IEMs I have and also the shell/body of the A12t is bigger/ticker. Even with the M15 module the isolation is excellent. Then I would add that for live settings, the Apex modules offer a nice openness that musicians appreciate.

I’m not sure if the above only applies to the A12t, because it has 12 drivers and the shells are bigger vs other IEMs with fewer drivers but despite of that these are the most comfortable IEMs I’ve owned, even compared to past 64 Audio customs.

I agree with @eldss - owning the 12 and the 18 along with other none vented CIEMs and universals, the 12/18 have just as much isolation as my custom NT6pros without the fatigue of the seal pressure and way more isolation than my universal in any format.

Thanks for the input. Struggling to decide between the 3 but it's good to know that there are no issues with the isolation.

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #5,345 of 23,594
FA0D4E33-966A-4654-A426-0B302AC8CAFD.jpeg

I have a problem. These iems sound so good . Just how I like it . I’ve got EE bravado custom arriving on Monday and I’m afraid I may not enjoy them so much , because I honestly don’t see myself listening to anything other than the u18t . ☹️

Sep 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #5,346 of 23,594
I have a problem. These iems sound so good . Just how I like it . I’ve got EE bravado custom arriving on Monday and I’m afraid I may not enjoy them so much , because I honestly don’t see myself listening to anything other than the u18t . ☹️

I've had the same problem for about half a year now. It just won't go away. I also have the same rig -- is that an amp4 or an amp8 on the ibasso? I've got amp 4 and it's an incredible combo (even better than 8 imo).

There really is no way back from the clarity and musicality of the u18. I've tried my fair share of IEMs and now everything else just sounds congested and dark.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #5,347 of 23,594

Meh. I found it vastly overrated and overpriced, personally, so I wouldn't take it that far. BUT if it hits everything you are looking for, or think you're looking for, then you may very well have hit the sweet spot :L3000:

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #5,348 of 23,594
I've had the same problem for about half a year now. It just won't go away. I also have the same rig -- is that an amp4 or an amp8 on the ibasso? I've got amp 4 and it's an incredible combo (even better than 8 imo).

There really is no way back from the clarity and musicality of the u18. I've tried my fair share of IEMs and now everything else just sounds congested and dark.

Everything other than the Fourte is definitely congested and dark haha

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #5,349 of 23,594

My U18t arrived . These are the very best I’ve ever heard . Quick question though . And I need some good suggestions.
Is it worth getting the 64 audio premium cable with a Pentaccon 4.4mm plug to use with my dx200 and amp8? Or will Pw audio no5 , ares 2 be a better option . Don’t want to spend over $300 on a cable at the moment. .

I picked up the U18t back in February. Upgrading the cable made a world of difference to my ears. The stock premium cable that 64 Audio includes with the U18t is fair-sounding, definitely veiled, and subdued in both width and depth of Soundstage when compared to the EA Eros II which is currently being used - great build and sounds great. I think I picked up the cable from Amazon for $280 shipped.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #5,350 of 23,594
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #5,351 of 23,594
DB6B75A8-11EC-43CA-B40D-8962BEF8322D.jpeg
Just received my a12t last 2 days.
It’s my first ciem ,don’t know how to say fit perfect or not.

Change point compare with uiem is sweetspot. Ciem just waer its ,but uiem tuning again and again ,too hard to find sweetspot on my ear.

First impression the sound really surprise me on the detail and mid bass rumble. Can’t wait to hear after burn-in.

Thanks for reading me

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #5,352 of 23,594
Just received my a12t last 2 days.
It’s my first ciem ,don’t know how to say fit perfect or not.

Change point compare with uiem is sweetspot. Ciem just waer its ,but uiem tuning again and again ,too hard to find sweetspot on my ear.

First impression the sound really surprise me on the detail and mid bass rumble. Can’t wait to hear after burn-in.

Thanks for reading me

Thank you for being part of the 64 Audio Family. When you first try on your new CIEMs, it is common for them to feel very snug. You may even think they are too large in the canal. As long as they are not causing you any pain or extreme discomfort, then I encourage you to wear them daily for at least a week. You will notice they begin to feel more comfortable as your ears adjust to them. If you are experiencing pain, then please contact our refits department for an adjustment at support@64audio.com. We will also private message you.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #5,353 of 23,594
I picked up the U18t back in February. Upgrading the cable made a world of difference to my ears. The stock premium cable that 64 Audio includes with the U18t is fair-sounding, definitely veiled, and subdued in both width and depth of Soundstage when compared to the EA Eros II which is currently being used - great build and sounds great. I think I picked up the cable from Amazon for $280 shipped.

Yeah and it doesn't stop here, I had the chance to audition them with my Ares II and then with PW 1960 4 wires, oh my... this takes them to another level yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back