The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 8, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #4,876 of 23,720
I wonder if thats the same reason that 64 Audio developed Apex.

I use my headphones a lot, 4 hours during my commute and at least half my work day for at least 8 hours on weekdays. Then on the weekends for Chruch when I do the AV stuff. So pressure relief is a must.

I don't think Apex is different from Adel in terms of sound performance, at least I've tried using both the B1 Adel & m15 Apex on my U12 and I have a hard time telling them apart. The recent Project K Soundwriter also didn't include Apex for similar reasons from what I read.

I do agree the pressure relief is the main reason why I stuck with 64 Audio ever since getting the U12 Adels from their Kickstarter campaign; I haven't had any ear fatigue issues with the U12 or the A18t!

Jul 8, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #4,877 of 23,720
i wanna ask that im using U10. Should i upgrade to N8? does anyone try N8 already?

There are a number of N8 impressions on the thread; just search for them with HF’s Search function. IIRC the U10 is quite a neutral monitor, while the N8 has an elevated bass response. You might want to keep that in mind.

I wonder if thats the same reason that 64 Audio developed Apex.

I use my headphones a lot, 4 hours during my commute and at least half my work day for at least 8 hours on weekdays. Then on the weekends for Chruch when I do the AV stuff. So pressure relief is a must.

Nah, 64Audio created APEX because Asius Technologies (the creators of ADEL) suffered significant QC problems. The lack of reliability on Asius’s side eventually led 64Audio to cut ties.

Although they look alike, ADEL and APEX have very different approaches toward the same goal. ADEL uses a diaphragm the absorb the pent-up energy and pressure from within the ear canal, while APEX has a foam-like material which expands and contracts to perform a similar task.

I have an EE Athena-VIII ADEL, so I’ll be able to compare the two technologies in terms of pressure relief once I get my A6t’s in a few days. :D

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #4,878 of 23,720
There are a number of N8 impressions on the thread; just search for them with HF’s Search function. IIRC the U10 is quite a neutral monitor, while the N8 has an elevated bass response. You might want to keep that in mind.

Nah, 64Audio created APEX because Asius Technologies (the creators of ADEL) suffered significant QC problems. The lack of reliability on Asius’s side eventually led 64Audio to cut ties.

Although they look alike, ADEL and APEX have very different approaches toward the same goal. ADEL uses a diaphragm the absorb the pent-up energy and pressure from within the ear canal, while APEX has a foam-like material which expands and contracts to perform a similar task.

I have an EE Athena-VIII ADEL, so I’ll be able to compare the two technologies in terms of pressure relief once I get my A6t’s in a few days. :D
thank you. i will take a look the review, but CIEM i don't have chance to try it. i like the vocal, does N8 good at it?

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #4,879 of 23,720
thank you. i will take a look the review, but CIEM i don't have chance to try it. i like the vocal, does N8 good at it?

There are universal demos of the N8 available. Maybe you could e-mail 64Audio and arrange a loan of some sort. I can’t compare to the U10 because I haven’t heard it in so long, but the N8’s vocals are generally clear with a neutral timbre. IIRC, the M20 module gives the mid-bass some heft, which then gives vocals a touch more body, but that’s as much as I can say based on memory.

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #4,880 of 23,720
There are universal demos of the N8 available. Maybe you could e-mail 64Audio and arrange a loan of some sort. I can’t compare to the U10 because I haven’t heard it in so long, but the N8’s vocals are generally clear with a neutral timbre. IIRC, the M20 module gives the mid-bass some heft, which then gives vocals a touch more body, but that’s as much as I can say based on memory.
sounds great. i had Xenlento for couple month. Just comparing the bass, which one is better? therefore, i will have an idea in my mind about the N8

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #4,881 of 23,720
@Deezel177 Curious if you could shed any light on reducing hissing. I originally paired my A3s with a Galaxy S8 where I noticed some degree of hissing on quieter tracks and I ended up jumping headfirst in to output impedance with the 1/8 rule. I grabbed the M7 and that eliminated the hissing, the Spartans didnt hiss either.

However with my M7 crapping out and needing a decent DAP pairing, Ive been considering getting the Shanling M0 or the Cayin N3. The owner of the store told me the 64 Audio stuff was particularly senstitive and I took a look at the sensitivity for the M7, N3 and M0 respectively at 117/108/118. I quite like the N3 but Im wondering if that will result in hissing if I move to the A6t which is slightly more sensitive than the A3s.

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #4,882 of 23,720
@Deezel177 Curious if you could shed any light on reducing hissing. I originally paired my A3s with a Galaxy S8 where I noticed some degree of hissing on quieter tracks and I ended up jumping headfirst in to output impedance with the 1/8 rule. I grabbed the M7 and that eliminated the hissing, the Spartans didnt hiss either.

However with my M7 crapping out and needing a decent DAP pairing, Ive been considering getting the Shanling M0 or the Cayin N3. The owner of the store told me the 64 Audio stuff was particularly senstitive and I took a look at the sensitivity for the M7, N3 and M0 respectively at 117/108/118. I quite like the N3 but Im wondering if that will result in hissing if I move to the A6t which is slightly more sensitive than the A3s.

If the IEM is inherently sensitive, then you need to find DAPs with low noise floors. I believe high output impedance will yield the least hiss, but it could cause odd frequency response anomalies in multi-BA IEMs. A couple colleagues of mine own the DAPs that you’ve mentioned (along with sensitive IEMs of their own), so I’ll give ‘em a shout and get back to you. :D

Jul 9, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #4,883 of 23,720

M0 no hiss with Spartans

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #4,884 of 23,720

iFi Audio has a little dongle you use between your output port and your headphones called iEMatch. It solves any hiss issues.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #4,885 of 23,720
sounds great. i had Xenlento for couple month. Just comparing the bass, which one is better? therefore, i will have an idea in my mind about the N8

I haven't tried the Xelento in a while, but I doubt it could better the N8's bass. The N8 has a sub-bass-focused low-end; beautifully resolved, well-textured, guttural and accentuated without interfering with the mids and treble.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #4,887 of 23,720
If the IEM is inherently sensitive, then you need to find DAPs with low noise floors. I believe high output impedance will yield the least hiss, but it could cause odd frequency response anomalies in multi-BA IEMs. A couple colleagues of mine own the DAPs that you’ve mentioned (along with sensitive IEMs of their own), so I’ll give ‘em a shout and get back to you. :D
Yeah, I did not like how high output impedance messed with the sound a lot. So noise floor looks like the way to go. I tried my google-fu at the relation to sensitivity and SNR (which I quoted for the 3 players in my post), but didn't get too far.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #4,888 of 23,720
iFi Audio has a little dongle you use between your output port and your headphones called iEMatch. It solves any hiss issues.
Yeah, I was planning to get that, did you hear any change in the sound nature with the IEMatch in use?

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #4,889 of 23,720
Time to saving money. Also CIEM is my end game.kk
You have much to learn, there is no such thing as a end game, things only escalate once you hear something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back