The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #4,835 of 23,720
Can anyone comment on how the U4 SE do with classic and prog rock? Very interested in these and I've narrowed my choices down to the U4 SE and Earsonics E3. There's a pair of U4 SE that caught my eye and I like the idea of the APEX module to regulate ear pressure. I've read everything I could about these, including Twistr's review and even the comments on the discussion thread of Massdrop, and I don't have a clue how these would perform with rock music.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #4,836 of 23,720
Can anyone comment on how the U4 SE do with classic and prog rock? Very interested in these and I've narrowed my choices down to the U4 SE and Earsonics E3. There's a pair of U4 SE that caught my eye and I like the idea of the APEX module to regulate ear pressure. I've read everything I could about these, including Twistr's review and even the comments on the discussion thread of Massdrop, and I don't have a clue how these would perform with rock music.

It's one of those all-rounder IEMs that perform great with any genre. Very rare to come by since they have been discontinued for awhile now, and even when they were for sale on MassDrop, it was one crazy value.

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #4,837 of 23,720
It's one of those all-rounder IEMs that perform great with any genre. Very rare to come by since they have been discontinued for awhile now, and even when they were for sale on MassDrop, it was one crazy value.
Thanks. Exactly what I needed to hear.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,838 of 23,720
Anyone using aftermarket cables and actually uses the 64audio case? Any side effects of coiling your cables in that case?

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #4,839 of 23,720
Anyone using aftermarket cables and actually uses the 64audio case? Any side effects of coiling your cables in that case?

It all depends on the cable. Some thicker gauge multi-braid cables might not fit, especially with 4.4mm plug, and some have a thicker and/or tighter wire shielding/jacket that can cause a memory effect (a wire coil that hard to straighten). I think those cases are intended more for traveling musicians who use a stock cable, to keep everything secure and dry inside.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #4,840 of 23,720
It all depends on the cable. Some thicker gauge multi-braid cables might not fit, especially with 4.4mm plug, and some have a thicker and/or tighter wire shielding/jacket that can cause a memory effect (a wire coil that hard to straighten). I think those cases are intended more for traveling musicians who use a stock cable, to keep everything secure and dry inside.
I’m using Leonidas and lion heart. It fits, just worried the cable might be damage in the long term.

Love the size of the case though

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #4,841 of 23,720
I’m using the Alo ref 8 and I think it compliments the A12t very nicely. Definitely content for the foreseeable future with this combo

I use the same. Do you use M15 or M20?

I have the Ref 8 also but it's such a microphonic cable.. does it bother you guys as well? I've been thinking of trying other less microphonic cables despite how good the Ref 8 sounds..

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #4,842 of 23,720
I have the Ref 8 also but it's such a microphonic cable.. does it bother you guys as well? I've been thinking of trying other less microphonic cables despite how good the Ref 8 sounds..

It surely can be microphonic but it doesn’t bother me. I mainly use these IEMs at home or office and when critically listening while seated I really don’t notice it at all. If I were to use them for commuting or on the move more frequently it might be a different story. But I’m that case I don’t think I’d be listening critically anyways which is why I don’t take my good IEMs on the go.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,843 of 23,720
Just got my A18t! My order only took a little over 4 weeks to get to Taiwan, great job 64 Audio!

This is my first custom IEM and I'm really impressed with the fit, just wow. I did a relaxed-jaw, closed-mouth impression and the fit is perfect: no tightness, no looseness, and no discomfort moving my mouth/jaw around.

Time to enjoy some music!

Those look great!
What faceplate color is that? Translucent Black?

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #4,844 of 23,720
Those look great!
What faceplate color is that? Translucent Black?
Yes, the faceplate color is translucent black.

Edit: I often look at my A18t faceplate and see more dark gray than black in various lighting settings. I would probably go for the solid black color if I were to do a reshell next time, since I like the black + silver/gold color combo. Or if 64 Audio comes up with a "less translucent" black, I would give that a try.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #4,845 of 23,720
@Deezel177 Any chance of that A6t and Phantom Comparison before the end of August? It seems that getting an A6t with customizations and rush order will cost me less than universal Phantoms at this point. Getting custom Phantoms only increases that gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back