The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #4,771 of 23,578
A few shots of my Tia Fourte's with custom cables made from 18awg DHC peptide extreme :smile_phones:

HkRIbQ0.jpg

4Vu4ut8.jpg
odemw1G.jpg

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #4,775 of 23,578
Lol whats with the "don't waste money on cables tag!" tag? Did someone get disgruntled at all the cable talk ongoing?

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #4,779 of 23,578
A few shots of my Tia Fourte's with custom cables made from 18awg DHC peptide extreme :smile_phones:

HkRIbQ0.jpg

4Vu4ut8.jpg
odemw1G.jpg
Great shots my man. Pro tip: instead of posting pictures directly on the thread, post a link to a website to generate more traffic. Then you can use those stats to get sponsors and actually make some money!
someone said the ve8 is more comparable to the a12t, i believe it was flinkenick.

i'm parroting here, but the n8 is warm and gooey sounding while the a12t and ve8 are tonally neutral
I said that before, but it was based on a brief audition of U12t in CJ NY. They both have a wide stage with good body to the sound, excellent top-end extension, and high resolution. But having listened more extensively to U12t, I would have to retract my words since it is inherently pretty different from VE8. I would say U12t has a relatively neutral quantity of bass, even with M20 module. By comparison, VE8 has more mid- and upper-bass, is smoother up top, and has more body to its midrange. U12t has a slightly leaner lower midrange, but still has a very nicely bodied and dense vocal reconstruction. Overall, U12t's midrange is a bit more transparent, while it leans towards a more technical, precise sound with a neutral tonality, where the VE8 is aimed at an easy listen. N8 is again completely different from either. It is less technical, but shines by means of the quality of its bass (especially its tone and texture), while being warmer than the other two.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #4,780 of 23,578
Great shots my man. Pro tip: instead of posting pictures directly on the thread, post a link to a website to generate more traffic. Then you can use those stats to get sponsors and actually make some money!

I said that before, but it was based on a brief audition of U12t in CJ NY. They both have a wide stage with good body to the sound, excellent top-end extension, and high resolution. But having listened more extensively to U12t, I would have to retract my words since it is inherently pretty different from VE8. I would say U12t has a relatively neutral quantity of bass, even with M20 module. By comparison, VE8 has more mid- and upper-bass, is smoother up top, and has more body to its midrange. U12t has a slightly leaner lower midrange, but still has a very nicely bodied and dense vocal reconstruction. Overall, U12t's midrange is a bit more transparent, while it leans towards a more technical, precise sound with a neutral tonality, where the VE8 is aimed at an easy listen. N8 is again completely different from either. It is less technical, but shines by means of the quality of its bass (especially its tone and texture), while being warmer than the other two.
How do you compare N8 with Legend x?

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #4,781 of 23,578
How do you compare N8 with Legend x?
Again, two very different iems. N8 has a more analogue, warmer bass, with great balance between sub- and mid-bass, and a truer mid-bass tone. Legend's bass is tight and impactful, but colored by the enhanced treble tuning. So while the N8 excels with bass guitars and instrumental bass lines in general, the Legend provides an engaging sub-bass impact for genres like pop or EDM. In a way, the rest of the signature is more comparable with the U12t; it has a neutral tonality with a touch of brightness in its lower treble, wide stage, and great top-end extension. The N8 in turn has a smoother, darker signature, with an even stage in terms of width and depth, albeit not as wide as the Legend's. Personally, I would prefer the Legend for modern genres like pop, hip hop, or EDM, and the N8 perhaps for more contemporary instrument-based genres.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #4,782 of 23,578
Again, two very different iems. N8 has a more analogue, warmer bass, with great balance between sub- and mid-bass, and a truer mid-bass tone. Legend's bass is tight and impactful, but colored by the enhanced treble tuning. So while the N8 excels with bass guitars and instrumental bass lines in general, the Legend provides an engaging sub-bass impact for genres like pop or EDM. In a way, the rest of the signature is more comparable with the U12t; it has a neutral tonality with a touch of brightness in its lower treble, wide stage, and great top-end extension. The N8 in turn has a smoother, darker signature, with an even stage in terms of width and depth, albeit not as wide as the Legend's. Personally, I would prefer the Legend for modern genres like pop, hip hop, or EDM, and the N8 perhaps for more contemporary instrument-based genres.
Thanks flick, do you think that the legend x would be compatible with iPhone? I am always on the go and looking for a musical iem for streaming, less technical, bassy with thick vocals. I listen to EDM, pop, vocal songs,acoustic and Classic.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #4,783 of 23,578
Thanks flick, do you think that the legend x would be compatible with iPhone? I am always on the go and looking for a musical iem for streaming, less technical, bassy with thick vocals. I listen to EDM, pop, vocal songs,acoustic and Classic.
From memory, the EE hybrids need a bit more power to be driven properly, if not the midrange falls back and the tone becomes a bit more metallic. Haven't listened to the N8 via phone and returned it to the store, so can't help there :wink:

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #4,784 of 23,578
Since we have been talking about Penon Audio GS849 vs OS849 cables and their pair up with A/U18t, here is my short take on how these 2 compare, based on how I hear it (w/SP1000 SS and Plenue 2 mk2 used as sources).

GS849 vs OS849 - While they both have a similar soundstage expansion, many other aspects of the sound are different. GS gives U18t a deeper sub-bass with a little more mid-bass impact. In comparison, OS sub-bass doesn't go as deep. Lower mids have a little more body with GS, while more neutral with OS. Upper mids are brighter, more revealing, more transparent with OS, while GS upper mids presentation is less forward and smoother in comparison. Also, the treble with OS is brighter and airier, while GS is a little smoother and more controlled. If you want a smoother and more natural upper mids/treble with deeper bass impact, GS will be the way to go, while OS gives you more transparency, better retrieval of details, and more airiness.
Could anyone compare it with ARES II ?
I'm looking for an upgrade for my Zeus XR, and have the oppurtunity to get a used GS849... but wonder if it's a real upgrade, the ARES II already being a good cable...

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,785 of 23,578
Thanks fli
From memory, the EE hybrids need a bit more power to be driven properly, if not the midrange falls back and the tone becomes a bit more metallic. Haven't listened to the N8 via phone and returned it to the store, so can't help there
From memory, the EE hybrids need a bit more power to be driven properly, if not the midrange falls back and the tone becomes a bit more metallic. Haven't listened to the N8 via phone and returned it to the store, so can't help there :wink:
Thanks flink. I will dig in more just to find the right gear for my mobile :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back