The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 23, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #32 of 23,574
Well I don't mean to pick a fight but I don't really see how else you would like them to describe it. Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect a company to give a detailed review of their product's sound and it is very much in line with the industry standard.

However, your concerns are duly noted and that's why they are sending out review samples as best as they can, that's why I'm working with them on such a tight timeline to try to bring these impressions to you guys.

With regards to frequency response, there is a reason they don't publish them. The FR curve cannot be viewed in isolation, as every measurement rig is different, every calibration is different. They do not publish curves because really most of the time we don't know how they're compensated, what neutral means in this particular setting and what Not. Instead if reviewers post measurements in relation to other measurements, then yes it means something.

Hope that answers your questions! In short, I'llbe doing my very best to answer any queries you Guys have with regards to the sound, and the guys at 64 are more than happy to share about this as well if you ask them. Cheers!

Sure, completely understand the topic :D Had this conversation many times over the years with couple of manufacturers already :)

The reason to publish FR curves across the product line of the company itself, is logical step in my opinion.
Of course it is very complex thing affected by many variables. But when they perform the measurements on one measurement rig for their whole product line - it helps a lot for the customers to get an idea and comparison in between offered models. Otherwise it is mostly blind buy.

The idea is not to compare in between other manufacturers, other products or FR graphs through hundreds of reviewers around. This is mess :wink:

I would love to know the difference in between U10 / U12 / U18 / Fourté. Not just written by some external reviewer (which is surely appreciated AT LEAST), but to see the plain measurements / comparison by the manufacturer itself, so I can easily expect what product is best for my needs.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #33 of 23,574
@christopherogut, do you have plans for a custom Tia Fourte in the near future?
After listening to them at RMAF I would love to upgrade to the Tia Fourte but I rather have them custom than universal....
(BTW, I am the one that had the prototype Dana IEM cable at RMAF).

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #34 of 23,574
After listening to them at RMAF I would love to upgrade to the Tia Fourte but I rather have them custom than universal....

They are hoping to offer custom version of the Fourte in the future. But right now it is still in the prototyping and testing stage.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #35 of 23,574

Check out his post above. It would seem that they are working hard to achieve it but until they are able to satisfactorily recreate the fourte in the custom form repeatably, they're not going to offer it as a custom.

If you check out the video on 64 audio of a rendered blowup of the fourte you'll understand why it is so difficult to achieve. The fourte is designed like no other earphone on the market.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #37 of 23,574
The flagship upgrade is nice... but man, the price differences is still a lot. And without listening to U18 first, it is difficult to make decision, I just loved the U12 too much to send it back and I won't know if I'll like the U18 in return. U18 also won't be compatible with ADEL, so my previous modules will be useless. I probably won't be able to hear U18 until CanJam Singapore next year, so the flagship upgrade program already ended by that time. I guess I'll regret it if I ended liking U18. :frowning2:

Good luck for everyone who join the upgrade program anyway! :)

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #38 of 23,574
I listened to both prototypes at RMAF and was very impressed wit the Fourte. The difference in sound between my A10 and the U18 to me was marginal, better but marginal but against the Fourte was very clear. IMO the Fourte is the best IEM I personally have ever tried.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #39 of 23,574
  I listened to both prototypes at RMAF and was very impressed wit the Fourte. The difference in sound between my A10 and the U18 to me was marginal, better but marginal but against the Fourte was very clear. IMO the Fourte is the best IEM I personally have ever tried.

​how does it compare to zeus r

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #40 of 23,574

I agree with your take on thr Tia Fourte. I spent a couple of hours each day for 3 days at their booth and walked away feeling that it was head and shoulders above anything else I heard at RMAF. However we disagree on the Tzar, as I felt it offered some, if not much of the same magic as the Fourte but with stronger bass. The Fourte is a soundstage king.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #41 of 23,574
I have the U10 and am very interested in the upgrade with 20% off but.....

It's unfortunate that the only reviews are like this:

Everyone who loved the tia FOURTÉ said there's no comparing it to anything else. Many said that the tia "sounds like its out of your head", "is warm and musical sounding while not compromising detail and transparency", "sounds like speakers", "has very deep and rich bass", "compares with large over-the-ear headphones", "has the smoothest and most coherent transition from low to mids", "is large and still very detailed", "sounds big but still transparent". There were more impressions and opinions about the tia and I can't remember everything that was said, but there was big interest in it.

People who preferred the U18tzar thought it was a big step up from the older A/U series. Some described it as "U10's on steroids", "full sound with smooth highs", "tight fast bass and detailed over all", "very detailed and transparent sounding but not sibilant", "has very good effortless sub bass", "analytical yet still very musical". There were unequivocally many lovers of the U18t. Many stopped by just to see and hear what 18 drivers per ear sounds like.

While I'm sure they're great, paying an extra $1180 or so is wild. I wouldn't buy a used car with reviews like this.

Has anyone seen anything from someone credible? This is no disrespect to Videl, but I'd like to hear from someone who's not selling them.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #42 of 23,574
I have the U10 and am very interested in the upgrade with 20% off but.....

It's unfortunate that the only reviews are like this:

While I'm sure they're great, paying an extra $1180 or so is wild. I wouldn't buy a used car with reviews like this.

Has anyone seen anything from someone credible? This is no disrespect to Videl, but I'd like to hear from someone who's not selling them.
So if the same person who wrote that spent 30 mins more plucking the Audiophile magic words then you will buy it? Either way its an opinion. Maybe if they were a real sales man they would have put in the extra 30 mins? Should the writer have stated he already spent $9,000 on TOTL iems inorder to convince you?

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #43 of 23,574
So if the same person who wrote that spent 30 mins more plucking the Audiophile magic words then you will buy it? Either way its an opinion. Maybe if they were a real sales man they would have put in the extra 30 mins? Should the writer have stated he already spent $9,000 on TOTL iems inorder to convince you?

Let's go back to the fact that I'm very interested in the these (U18). It's unfortunate because to get the best price I'll ever see for these would be with no real review.

I have no problem spending the money, it's the fact that I'd like to feel good about it. How does the U18 compare to the U10 I have now? It's a U10 on steroids they say. 

You could say I worded it wrong by asking for someone credible; I'm asking the forum if they can point me to something that speaks to the sound of this IEM so I can feel good about it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #45 of 23,574
Let's go back to the fact that I'm very interested in the these (U18). It's unfortunate because to get the best price I'll ever see for these would be with no real review.

I have no problem spending the money, it's the fact that I'd like to feel good about it. How does the U18 compare to the U10 I have now? It's a U10 on steroids they say. 

You could say I worded it wrong by asking for someone credible; I'm asking the forum if they can point me to something that speaks to the sound of this IEM so I can feel good about it.
Understood but is it out right now? Can a consumer a regular Joe buy it now to let us know? There were two post that stated they spent hours demoing those new iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back