The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #3,916 of 23,565
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #3,917 of 23,565
true, they have an actual store right? do they have demo units there? I'm actually interested in an 8 wire aegis, I wonder how it sounds

Hansound doesn't have its own store but they do have demo units available in multiple headphone stores in Taipei. Many of those also have demo units of Effect Audio cables so you could do a side-by-side comparison.

I don't think the 8 wire Aegis is out yet, I heard they are still resolving some production issues so maybe we'll see it in a few months.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #3,918 of 23,565
Hi all,

I just secured a good deal with U18Tzar from our dealer. I forgot i had them in my ears for straight 3 hours before i went to bed. It is so relaxing and fatigue-free. The tonality is majestic.

Has anyone managed to pair them with Chord Dave? if so, what is your opinion?

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #3,919 of 23,565
That's too funny how Westone discussion spilled into 64 Audio thread :wink: The big problem, as I mentioned to you before and regardless of how many reviews/comparison you gonna read, I'm afraid you will be the final judge about which one is better due to your treble sensitivity. I find U18t to be crisp and not harsh at all, and I'm using it with EA Horus which brightens the sound. But you had some concerns in the past, even with W80 sounding a bit harsh with some recordings, if I'm not mistaken? Just wish you could attend CanJam London to hear the entire line up yourself, but I know you can't.
:) hopefully when I get them next week I wont be complaining about harshness :p

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #3,920 of 23,565
Recent convert to believing in better cables here. I was on the Null cable tour and really liked the change they made to my u18t. I actually liked the Lune over the Vitesse, (sound and price:wink:
My impressions here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nul...ing-december-2017.867643/page-5#post-14158262

Would anyone have any input on, if I liked the Lune's signature, is there was a better option for similar cash, give or take?

Ok, maybe I didn't get any response was because of my limit on "similar cash", because the Lune is a good buy at that price?

Or maybe nobody has had any experience with the Lune?

If there is a better option than the Lune for a cable that is a little more cash, please mention it.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,921 of 23,565
Hi all,

I just secured a good deal with U18Tzar from our dealer. I forgot i had them in my ears for straight 3 hours before i went to bed. It is so relaxing and fatigue-free. The tonality is majestic.

Has anyone managed to pair them with Chord Dave? if so, what is your opinion?
Right on man that's awesome, I'm waiting for my a18 at the moment and was wondering if the bass is satisfying to your ears? With genres like rock and metal especially if you have any of that in your library:)

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #3,922 of 23,565
For those of you who own Fourtes what were the biggest changes that came after burn-in?

I ask because I currently have a Fourte, but I like to listen during my burn-in so mine aren't burnt in. I've had them for a bit less than a month ,but have been on business trips for most of the time and have been too scared to bring them. Currently I LOVE them, my only complaint is how they approached the bass, it sounds like there is a fair amount of mid-bass, but not a lot of sub-bass. I am not a basshead at all, but it is a different approach to bass that I am not really used to and want to know how the DD burns-in.

Just to be clear I love the Fourtes, so if this message seems critical it shouldn't be. I've heard a lot of different IEMs and I can confidently say these are my favorite, though not by a huge margin.

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #3,923 of 23,565
For those of you who own Fourtes what were the biggest changes that came after burn-in?

I ask because I currently have a Fourte, but I like to listen during my burn-in so mine aren't burnt in. I've had them for a bit less than a month ,but have been on business trips for most of the time and have been too scared to bring them. Currently I LOVE them, my only complaint is how they approached the bass, it sounds like there is a fair amount of mid-bass, but not a lot of sub-bass. I am not a basshead at all, but it is a different approach to bass that I am not really used to and want to know how the DD burns-in.

Just to be clear I love the Fourtes, so if this message seems critical it shouldn't be. I've heard a lot of different IEMs and I can confidently say these are my favorite, though not by a huge margin.
Hard to say, but I do think there might be a slight increase in sub bass after about 300 hours. Maybe a 5 to 10 pct. improvement. One of the reasons it's hard for me to say is that I was burning in a WM1Z at the same time, so sub bass might have also been improving with the source burn in as well. Sorry I can't give you any better insight than that. That said, I've personally not found the sub bass lacking with this combo.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #3,924 of 23,565
Right on man that's awesome, I'm waiting for my a18 at the moment and was wondering if the bass is satisfying to your ears? With genres like rock and metal especially if you have any of that in your library:)

Bass with M20 is exceptional, has plenty of quantity and impact. 90% rock and metal listener.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3,925 of 23,565
I purchased some TrueFidelity foam tips direct from 64 Audio website for my Fourtes, and have to say they are the most transparent foam tips I have tried to date. Smooth and natural sounding, without the veiling of treble you often get from foamies. Foam seems to be slightly more dense than the stock foams that came with the phones so I don't think they are the same thing, but I might be mistaken. They were awfully expensive, since I had to pay shipping, but they are a great match with the Fourtes. Personally, a better fit and sound for my ears than comply's or symbio's. I've tried every tip under the sun (which I've done for every iem I've ever used) and these have been the best match for my taste. Just an FYI.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #3,926 of 23,565
I purchased some TrueFidelity foam tips direct from 64 Audio website for my Fourtes, and have to say they are the most transparent foam tips I have tried to date. Smooth and natural sounding, without the veiling of treble you often get from foamies. Foam seems to be slightly more dense than the stock foams that came with the phones so I don't think they are the same thing, but I might be mistaken. They were awfully expensive, since I had to pay shipping, but they are a great match with the Fourtes. Personally, a better fit and sound for my ears than comply's or symbio's. I've tried every tip under the sun (which I've done for every iem I've ever used) and these have been the best match for my taste. Just an FYI.

Yep they are the same as our Blackbird tips, Dekoni Bulletz, Inairs and probably more.

They don't dull the treble like Comply do, due to the denser foam structure. I am using them on my U6 and they are great, my go to tips for them as I cannot get a good fit with silicone tips on the U6.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #3,927 of 23,565
Apr 23, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #3,928 of 23,565
I can heavily recommend Nobunaga Labs UE-1
http://www.wisetech.co.jp/brand/nobunaga/product/earchip/

20180423_175914.jpg

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3,929 of 23,565
Apr 23, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #3,930 of 23,565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back