The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 21, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #3,886 of 23,533
Thanks for the reply @Deezel177. It's not just the treble though. The no 5 and OS reduce detail in the mids and lows too. And they add hiss. Do the lionheart and saladin+ keep midrange and bass detail similar and keep the background at pitch black? I imagine a pentaconn connector would help with the hiss...

I gotcha, man. The hiss is probably the strangest part of your impressions. A cable shouldn’t add any hiss, unless the stock cable has a resisitive property that reduces hiss that should’ve been audible in the first place. A plug shouldn’t affect that at all, unless the resistive property lies in the plug. Based on my experience with Pentaconn-terminated cables, that isn’t the case. If what you say is true, I’d have to listen to the 64Audio stock cable first. The Saladin+ has the blackest background of the two because of its 8-wire configuration, while the Lionheart will sacrifice a touch of detail for the richness and thickness it provides to the IEM’s soundscape.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #3,887 of 23,533
any cable pairings for the a12t? budget is 725 usd (no im not saving a little more and getting a leonidas)

i use the m20 module, but i'm looking to increase detail retrieval, expand sound stage depth and tighten bass. maybe warm up mids without being too warm (i believe warm mids and increase sound stage depth dont mix right?)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #3,888 of 23,533
any cable pairings for the a12t? budget is 725 usd (no im not saving a little more and getting a leonidas)

i use the m20 module, but i'm looking to increase detail retrieval, expand sound stage depth and tighten bass. maybe warm up mids without being too warm (i believe warm mids and increase sound stage depth dont mix right?)

The Thor Silver II might be what you’re looking for. It has a slightly elevated mid-bass - which kinda forgoes the bass tightening aspect, but you’re asking for a lot here :p - and this small accentuation combined with attenuation in the presence region gives vocals a warmer and more balanced character, whilst reducing forwardness and - consequentially - increasing depth. Off the top of my head, the only other cable I can think of that fits all of your criteria would be an 8-wire Ares II, but it’s been quite a while since I last tried it.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3,889 of 23,533
Which one is this? Bought it last year but cant remember and how would it pair with the u18t 20180421_143620.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #3,891 of 23,533
That's definitely effect audio

15243180814132985843350491771587.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #3,894 of 23,533
did water leak into it or something? whats with the color
No water they just turned green from oxidation with something I guess. And its definitely ea thor silver bought from amazon

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #3,895 of 23,533
That's definitely effect audio

Ahh, I see. It’s their first generation of cables when they weren’t using Litz wires and they had somewhat looser braids. Considering the oxidation looks partial and does not affect the silver conductors, it looks like a Gen. 1 Eros. If it was originally a pure silver cable, then it’s a Gen 1. Thor Silver.

EDIT: You’ve confirmed that it is indeed a Thor Silver. :D Unfortunately, I can’t tell you how well the pairing works because I haven’t heard one yet.

did water leak into it or something? whats with the color

That’s caused by oxidation. The metal reacts with air and creates a green precipitate along the surface. Litz wires have since made oxidation a complete non-factor.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #3,896 of 23,533
Ahh, I see. It’s their first generation of cables when they weren’t using Litz wires and they had somewhat looser braids. Considering the oxidation looks partial and does not affect the silver conductors, it looks like a Gen. 1 Eros. If it was originally a pure silver cable, then it’s a Gen 1. Thor Silver.

That’s caused by oxidation. The metal reacts with air and creates a green precipitate along the surface. Litz wires have since made oxidation a complete non-factor.
Thanks for the confirmation and yes its first generation thor silver bought 2 years ago. So do you think it will pair nicely with the u18t?

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #3,897 of 23,533
Thanks for the confirmation and yes its first generation thor silver bought 2 years ago. So do you think it will pair nicely with the u18t?
Headfonics did a comparison with Thor gen ii and did pair with the a18 I think

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #3,898 of 23,533
No water they just turned green from oxidation with something I guess. And its definitely ea thor silver bought from amazon

the green color indicates copper oxidation, no pure silver here...
The Thor Silver is pure silver??

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #3,899 of 23,533
the green color indicates copper oxidation, no pure silver here...
The Thor Silver is pure silver??
No idea, not important as sound is not altered . Just saw in your signature you have both the u18t and the w80. I have the w80 and planning to buy the u18t. How do they compare ?

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #3,900 of 23,533
No idea, not important as sound is not altered . Just saw in your signature you have both the u18t and the w80. I have the w80 and planning to buy the u18t. How do they compare ?

Ok...only maybe a wrong spec in the effect audio description....
Yes i have the W80, a very good IEMs, i think it was detailed and resolving ones...but i was wrong...the U18t are something else, more detail retrieval (the best i hear even better than the over ear headphones i have), the soundstage expansion is impressive, the treble can be fatiguing if you use silver cables, but is incredible layered and detailed treble, the bass is in perfect shape with the stock cable, slam deep enough better than the W80
In every way is an upgrade coming from the W80, except in size and comfort...
These 2 IEMs works very well with warm to neutral-warm sources...

I think Twister6 wrote a better comparison between this 2 IEMs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back