The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #3,241 of 23,543
i dont like too much bass and prefer a flat signature. The U18's are great but i just want to feel more of the bass guitar in a few of my tracks. I like the sig of the m15 more than the m20. when i turn up the player it opens up the U18's but its too loud(i want access that openness at a lower volume). On my 1Z SE, i listen to the volume at 19, but its way to low for the U18's. On my layla's i never go above 29 clicks on the volume unless i am listening to classical. on the U18's i have to go to 29 and higher. I like a darker sound sig for certain tracks, @Giraku might be the best or anyone with the laylas or a similar sig, will the Ares ii+ cables come close to this sig? I like the U18's for my vocals but if the Ares ii+ on 4.4 balance gets my closer to a darker layla sig I will order the cable tonight.
I don't have experience with Ares II+ but love the synergy with Eros II+, which warms up U18t nicely. It's not really "dark", but I believe it makes the sound signature closer to what you described.
BTW, you are listening at very low volume. I assume the numbers are on WM1Z SE with regular gain. I'm always using high gain and the number is between 50 to 80 on U18t. On 4.4 balance with high gain, I still go with 48 to 75 on U18t. I hope that APEX technology prevents me going to lose my hearing...

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #3,242 of 23,543
I don't have experience with Ares II+ but love the synergy with Eros II+, which warms up U18t nicely. It's not really "dark", but I believe it makes the sound signature closer to what you described.
BTW, you are listening at very low volume. I assume the numbers are on WM1Z SE with regular gain. I'm always using high gain and the number is between 50 to 80 on U18t. On 4.4 balance with high gain, I still go with 48 to 75 on U18t. I hope that APEX technology prevents me going to lose my hearing...
Yes the numbers are on SE regular gain. I have the Sony z1r that I use at home with the 1z in 4.4 regular gain and i only go up to 50 on the volume, I never dare to use high gain, I think my ears my might fall off.
Thank you @Giraku I will give the ares ii+ a shot to try and tame the U18.

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #3,243 of 23,543
Yes the numbers are on SE regular gain. I have the Sony z1r that I use at home with the 1z in 4.4 regular gain and i only go up to 50 on the volume, I never dare to use high gain, I think my ears my might fall off.
Thank you @Giraku I will give the ares ii+ a shot to try and tame the U18.
I suggest trying high gain at lower volume as you may find the sound slightly different at the same volume (not the numbers but your subjective volume level). I prefer high gain sound.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #3,244 of 23,543
Any U10/A10 owners here? what are your thoughts on the M15 mod with it? I have only demo-ed the M20 and i find that it's right up my alley. I just wanna have the option to experiment :deadhorse:

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #3,245 of 23,543
I suggest trying high gain at lower volume as you may find the sound slightly different at the same volume (not the numbers but your subjective volume level). I prefer high gain sound.
thank you @Giraku i before i placed the order i searched and found Moon Audio also now carries a copper cable called the bronze dragon. It is not as beautiful as the Ares ii+ but i have used other moon audio cables and i happy with them so i am going to give it try. The Ares will take a while to get to the states. Will definitely provide my feedback once it arrives.

here is the link.
https://www.moon-audio.com/bronze-dragon-iem-headphone-cable.html

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #3,246 of 23,543
thank you @Giraku i before i placed the order i searched and found Moon Audio also now carries a copper cable called the bronze dragon. It is not as beautiful as the Ares ii+ but i have used other moon audio cables and i happy with them so i am going to give it try. The Ares will take a while to get to the states. Will definitely provide my feedback once it arrives.

here is the link.
Imo they are pretty overpriced for what they are, 28awg. Effect costs less, is more flexible and he more rnd in it.

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #3,247 of 23,543

here is the link.
Imo they are pretty overpriced for what they are, 28awg. Effect costs less, is more flexible and he more rnd in it.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #3,248 of 23,543
thank you @tim0chan i did reached out to musicteck but they were sold out of the Ares ii+ cable with 3.5mm and for me to order will take 2-3 wks to make and then 10-14 days to ship. So i went moon audio and found the bronze dragon. I am really paying for convenience. It they turn out not my liking, then they will be in the For Sale section. I will definitely leave my feedback with photos once received.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #3,249 of 23,543
thank you @tim0chan i did reached out to musicteck but they were sold out of the Ares ii+ cable with 3.5mm and for me to order will take 2-3 wks to make and then 10-14 days to ship. So i went moon audio and found the bronze dragon. I am really paying for convenience. It they turn out not my liking, then they will be in the For Sale section. I will definitely leave my feedback with photos once received.
Maybe @EffectAudio can help u out

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #3,250 of 23,543
Haven't tried the Moon Audio cable, but owned the Ares II+, and own the Leonidas. Both nice cables, and definitely more flexible than the Dragon cables I've owned (well maybe not the Ares II+). Moon Audio, does, however, do a really great job with their connectors. More robust and better looking than most other companies. IMO

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,251 of 23,543
Haven't tried the Moon Audio cable, but owned the Ares II+, and own the Leonidas. Both nice cables, and definitely more flexible than the Dragon cables I've owned. Moon Audio, does, however, do a really great job with their connectors. More robust and better looking than most other companies. IMO
Love that they are overmolded but the price just puts me off

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #3,252 of 23,543
Love that they are overmolded but the price just puts me off
Yeah, I know what you mean. In fact, the price of pretty much all the TOTL cables puts me off. LOL So after using EA, DHC, Whiplash, Moon Audio, Norne, and Toxic Cable, I would still tell anyone looking for a great bang for your buck cable to look at Ted's Headphone Lounge T2 silver litz. $220us and it holds it's own against cables 3 times it's price. It just doesn't get as much love as the current companies that are using exotic hybrid metals and blends to attain different coloration of sound in their different models. It's just a straightforward well balanced cable that gives you full bodied lower registers and detailed non sibilant highs. Of course, this is strictly my opinion! :beerchug:

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #3,253 of 23,543
I have had pretty good experiences with AudioMinor and Triton as well. David from Triton is really helpful, though they only have Hybrid cables now...but I love his workmanship, and he is a wizard at reterminating and cable repairs

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #3,254 of 23,543
Why don't you order directly through Effect Audio? My Eros II+ was delivered after one week I ordered. PM me to get detailed contact info.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #3,255 of 23,543
Yeah, I know what you mean. In fact, the price of pretty much all the TOTL cables puts me off. LOL So after using EA, DHC, Whiplash, Moon Audio, Norne, and Toxic Cable, I would still tell anyone looking for a great bang for your buck cable to look at Ted's Headphone Lounge T2 silver litz. $220us and it holds it's own against cables 3 times it's price. It just doesn't get as much love as the current companies that are using exotic hybrid metals and blends to attain different coloration of sound in their different models. It's just a straightforward well balanced cable that gives you full bodied lower registers and detailed non sibilant highs. Of course, this is strictly my opinion! :beerchug:
How are the ergonomics on his cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back