The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 17, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #2,747 of 23,560
Picked up Tia Forte at CanJam NYC today. Amazing sound with AK SP1000Cu!!

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #2,748 of 23,560
I'm tired of waiting for my a12t. I've read twister's review 50 times already, someone describe the a/u12t to me in flashy and colorful words before I lose it.
BASS, BASS, BASS
Thicc thicc mids
Smoooooooth, creeeeaaamy treble

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #2,749 of 23,560
Feb 18, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,751 of 23,560
Any thoughts on U12t comparison with Andromeda?

In my view the Andromedas are very source (ohm) dependent, working best with Sony ZX2 (neutral/smooth) and Mojo (warmer take on neutral) and require comply tips to tame the slight treble spike - with this they are close to my reference; balanced and coherent, neutral with slight warmth.
I'm hoping the U12t with silicone tips are on par with this, or say a HD650 with more sub bass?- would people say they are neutral, balanced-smooth, with smooth frequency curve that has no serious dips or spikes especially in treble region? I'm failing to find any good measurements to see the response..

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #2,752 of 23,560
Any thoughts on U12t comparison with Andromeda?

In my view the Andromedas are very source (ohm) dependent, working best with Sony ZX2 (neutral/smooth) and Mojo (warmer take on neutral) and require comply tips to tame the slight treble spike - with this they are close to my reference; balanced and coherent, neutral with slight warmth.
I'm hoping the U12t with silicone tips are on par with this, or say a HD650 with more sub bass?- would people say they are neutral, balanced-smooth, with smooth frequency curve that has no serious dips or spikes especially in treble region? I'm failing to find any good measurements to see the response..

Have you checked out this measurement thread (@crinacle)?
Looking at the FR graphs side-by-side, it looks like the Andros and the U12's have a similar signature.
Note, I don't think the U12 plot is for the Tia model, but it may serve as a reasonable basis for comparison.

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #2,753 of 23,560
Have you checked out this measurement thread (@crinacle)?
Looking at the FR graphs side-by-side, it looks like the Andros and the U12's have a similar signature.
Note, I don't think the U12 plot is for the Tia model, but it may serve as a reasonable basis for comparison.

I got the u12t today - they're kind of similar sounding to the Andros - the sound is pure, holographic, dynamic and explosive. I am finding the treble a bit too hot in the highest registers - it's very sparkly and beautiful but I wish it was a little more toned down, it's a bit too much unfortunately compared to the the rest of the bands which are close to neutral/smooth. I will try comply tips with filter and maybe copper cables, to see if I can tone it down without eq.. perhaps bit of burn in might help out

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,754 of 23,560
Yeah, I did notice the high on U12t when I try. It seems to bring out a bit more micro details so it's easier to make out of what you are hearing in high notes.

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #2,755 of 23,560
Hey guys, anyone has experienced or knowledge about one side of the monitor feeling tighter and deeper than the other side? I feel the left monitor A18 has a tighter / deeper fitting than the right one, and that feeling didn't really go away after two months since I received it. It doesn't distort the sound, but that imbalanced feeling in terms of fit is a bit annoying. I found myself constantly either pushing in the looser feeling side or loosening the tighter feeling side in order to achieve a even fitting. I just sent an email to the 64 audio guys, and pretty sure about getting a good response from them. But interested to see if anyone has similar experience to share. Thanks!

I had the same problem for many weeks with A18. For me, I had a bit of loose feeling on my right side but I got my issue resolved by remold. I was quite surprised when my remold (right ear piece) came back.
It looked much longer and thicker than my left side piece (it wasn't before to my recollection). Ironically as soon as I fixed the fit issue I jumped to Fourte so I haven't been using A18 for over 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #2,756 of 23,560
I am pairing my A18's with Hugo2, spectacular and treble isn't too bright at all. I seem to remember in the beginning when I first got my A18's they seemed that way as well, not sure whether it's brain burn in or the drivers settling in but I find the A18 treble to walk right up to the line of fatigue but not cross it. To me this is perfect. No fatigue but tons of detail.

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #2,757 of 23,560
For those who were curious about the cable that comes w/ the A series vs universal series, I can confirm that it's the same cable. The only difference will be between connectors (I have both the gen 1 premium and the current standard cable), but other than that it's the same cable. Also, this is my third custom set and these are by far the best custom molds I've ever had. Very comfortable and the only way I've manage to break the seal is by opening my mouth in a very wide and unnatural manner. I also like the new single large bore. This just makes cleaning iems a lot easier and makes a big difference, vs having to clean 3-4 small bores.

A couple other things I noticed. The sockets on the IEMs are recessed. Also I've noticed a big change from the prior models or least the universals in that the Apex modules are flushed with the faceplate. only drawback I can see with this is that removing the Apex modules will be a little harder, but the module blends in very nicely with the faceplate.

As for the sound, I'm enjoying the M15 modules better, because w/ the crazy seal I got, the bass quantity was almost to the level of the U8s w/ the M20. Now they sound balanced and I'm really digging how they tuned the mids and highs on these. Also the separation, airness and layering on these is a major step from my U8s and V6 stages. I still prefer the U18s for these qualities, but the A12s are really special if you enjoy a warmer, non fatiguing signature with nicely extended treble, but which remains smooth w/ a natural tonality. I've only heard them for a few hours, but so far I'm liking them a lot.

Yes I A18 is truly special. I was one who previously owned A12, found the top end missing after awhile. I think warm with a nicely extended treble and powerful sub bass and mid bass (with M20) is my ideal signature. Without the bass the body and fullness of sound is missing, without the well extended treble there is no balance or exceptional detail retrieval.

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #2,758 of 23,560
My A12ts finally got here this morning. Been enjoying them all day long @ work.
And..........? I am anxiously waiting on mine too.

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,759 of 23,560
Am I going crazy? There is no way I can fit my u12t + attached cable in the official case, right angles on the 2 pin connectors just don't work with the slots where the IEMs are supposed to go.. is this a silly manufacturer mismatch?

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #2,760 of 23,560
I'm tired of waiting for my a12t. I've read twister's review 50 times already, someone describe the a/u12t to me in flashy and colorful words before I lose it.

I can definitely sympathize. I'm waiting for the tzar and there are quite a few fanciful reviews out for that. I've devoured them all. Some twice, some even three times. Somehow descriptions of what a headphone sounds like become the world's most interesting thing after I've pulled the trigger on one. I sure am glad I decided on the tzar though, not nearly as many colourful u12t reviews out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back