The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,431 of 23,497
I got the U6 during Black Friday. I love these things. My favorite listening experience.

What cable would you all recommend that wouldn't change the sig, but would open up the sound stage and add clarity? I love them, but can't help but think they could be better...as with anything, I guess. :)

I was also considering upgrading my Mojo to the Hugo 2. Would the Hugo 2 improve 9n the Mojo with this IEM?

I also use the U6 with the ifi Black Label, if that impacts your recommendation.

The best cable I have found with my U6 that doesn't alter the sound, but adds additional clarity, separation and soundstage is the Effect Audio Eros II (It's what I use with my U6 + M15 modules)

64smal.png

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #2,432 of 23,497
Any case recommendations to store my Tia Fourte in? Not really a fan of the one that comes with them, unless I seem to be wrapping the cable/placing the IEMs in wrong but my foam tips are always squashed when I place them in there.

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,433 of 23,497
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #2,440 of 23,497
I would try a very small bite block, or none at all. If the jaw is opened when impressions are done, when it’s closed as you’re listening my audiologist told me the fit would be tighter. I didn’t use a bite block at all, and barring my minor issue with left ear the fit has been perfect.

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #2,441 of 23,497
I find many audiologists are simply not used to our use case. Many in my neck of the woods have just sort of accustomed themselves to IEM use for on-stage musicians (where they need to not break a seal while singing). I would be very specific with whoever does the next set of impressions for you.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #2,443 of 23,497
I would try a very small bite block, or none at all. If the jaw is opened when impressions are done, when it’s closed as you’re listening my audiologist told me the fit would be tighter. I didn’t use a bite block at all, and barring my minor issue with left ear the fit has been perfect.

I was thinking getting wide-open mouth impression with the taller bite block, so that my fit would be tighter and would not break no matter how I move my head.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #2,444 of 23,497
If my memory isnt wrong, the CA case fits perfectly with their iem, but little small with CIEM and custom cable.
My case has room for 2 iems. Its not too big. For me its better than pelican case.

Good idea! I'll get it soon. A few of my IEMs have two cables (4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm SE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back